Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheff Utd attendance

Green Wolf

Reaction score
Can anybody see this being much over 20,000? Lots of empty seats and Sheff United had only sold 1100 by NYE.
A shame that this isn't a Saturday 3 o'clock as I think that would have helped a lot.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know quite a few going to this, would be myself as unironically this is corectly priced but no guarantees of being covid-free by that point and the trains down south seem to be getting shafted left and right!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I know quite a few going to this, would be myself as unironically this is corectly priced but no guarantees of being covid-free by that point and the trains down south seem to be getting shafted left and right!
Not sold out though which is interesting, fans beating down the doors I'm told

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Trains everywhere are. I know a bloke who is a train manager at a major rail provider. Two issues:

Firstly drivers are refusing to work days off and overtime.

Secondly, the timetables are in flux due to crewing issues. They are juggling timetables between now and mid February. By then they know what they can effectively run. Results will be less trains, but no cancellations (your train will run, but less often).

Not ideal though.

Edit: Trans Pennine routes are particularly badly affected. So might explain low numbers from Sheffield?

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Normally there seems to be a decent uptake as the game gets closer, I guess people waiting to see if there are no covid related issues?
This ^^^^

I was thinking of taking my boy for his first ever match, and since I don't have membership this year, I can't get tickets for the PL games. But I'm currently sitting on the fence as I could really do without us both catching Covid at the start of the school term.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m going to be making a last minute call. Gave my ST to my friends daughter for her first match, but might end up buying one just before.

Basically can I be bothered to risk getting Covid (again as I’m now 6 months post having it) for an FA Cup match against Sheffield Utd. It’s not so much the illness itself but the isolation that’s the pain.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This ^^^^

I was thinking of taking my boy for his first ever match, and since I don't have membership this year, I can't get tickets for the PL games. But I'm currently sitting on the fence as I could really do without us both catching Covid at the start of the school term.

I'm taking my boy for his first match myself, and he [and I!] can't wait!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully if I receive my covid pass letter this week I will get a ticket.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Is there somewhere we can see how many tickets have been sold, other than adding up each section on the ticketing site?
No, sadly not SevernWolf.
Would be nice to have an automatic ticket counter installed, so fans could see how ticket sales are going for each match.
Showing, x amount sold, or x amount left. Which would be a good help for checking fans, if they weren't sure of their plans in advance.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No, sadly not SevernWolf.
Would be nice to have an automatic ticket counter installed, so fans could see how ticket sales are going for each match.
Showing, x amount sold, or x amount left. Which would be a good help for checking fans, if they weren't sure of their plans in advance.

Just done a quick tally, and there are 4,000 tickets left with 3 days to go, so apart from the empty quadrant, it might get close to selling out.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know why and I'm probably putting the mockers on this but I'm feeling very optimistic, about a good FA Cup run!!
A trip to 'Wemberley' beckons and we could heed the call !!!!

Wolves ONLY Wolves!!

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Don't know why and I'm probably putting the mockers on this but I'm feeling very optimistic, about a good FA Cup run!!
A trip to 'Wemberley' beckons and we could heed the call !!!!

Wolves ONLY Wolves!!
The daft thing is, FA Cup Final day is on Saturday, 14th May.
We are scheduled to play Norwich at home that weekend on Sunday 15th May, the second to last match of the season.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just done a quick tally, and there are 4,000 tickets left with 3 days to go, so apart from the empty quadrant, it might get close to selling out.
Doubt there’ll be a sell-out.

Agreed c4,000 tickets currently available: plus just under 2,000 in quadrant plus likely to be hospitality leftover. So likely to be over 6,000 to sell.

Have sold c1,000 today and so unless a new signing I’d suspect no more then 3,000 sold before the game.

Sheff Utd have sold 1650. May at best reach 2000.

I’d therefore suspect somewhere north of 25,000 which is still a decent attendance for two second string sides.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very poor from sheff utd they have hardly played for weeks, you would think the fans would be eager.
Apparantly not....

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed c4,000 tickets currently available: plus just under 2,000 in quadrant plus likely to be hospitality leftover. So likely to be over 6,000 to sell.

Have sold c1,000 today and so unless a new signing I’d suspect no more then 3,000 sold before the game.

I’d therefore suspect somewhere north of 25,000 which is still a decent attendance for two second string sides.

Second string?

Green Wolf

Reaction score

Sheff Utd saying only 1450 sold? Maybe out of date info?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very poor from sheff utd they have hardly played for weeks, you would think the fans would be eager.
Apparantly not....
I'm not coming down from Sheffield - I don't like driving down on me own, the trains are a right mess, and I can't afford the extra expense. I wouldn't be surprised if many of their fans are feeling the same...

*edit: I might come, but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for this one given the circumstances

kinyo298

Reaction score
Im taking along my two grandchildren to their 1st ever game. 7 and 11 with their new Wolves shirts. They are so excited as i am also.Im 64 and it takes me back to my 1st game all those years ago. Front of the North Bank here we come.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im taking along my two grandchildren to their 1st ever game. 7 and 11 with their new Wolves shirts. They are so excited as i am also.Im 64 and it takes me back to my 1st game all those years ago. Front of the North Bank here we come.

Have a great time with your grandchildren and let's hope we put on a show for them.

Back
Top Bottom