Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sharp link.

E

Essex Wolf

Sharp

May be just made up media waffle but then again?

Seems to be out of the picture at Sheff Utd and he and Keogh did form a good pairing at Scuny. Only problem is what would MM do with all the other strikers? He'd struggle to keep Bothroyd, Eastwood, Elliott and Ward happy besides these two as well.

A

Aylesbury Wolf

Great - another striker to add to our collection of those that score infrequently.

Keogh and Sharp may have done the business in League 2 but although we cannot fault Keogh for his workrate, he isn't going to be one of the league's deadly strikers is he? And now we want to pair him with Sharp who struggles to get into Sheff. Utd's team let alone find the back of the net!

IMO this would be one gamble too many.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meanwhile Rob Hulse and Lee Hendrie appeared for the Reserves during last night's 1-0 defeat by Hull in the Pontins League East.

Hendrie put himself in contention for Coventry by completing the full game while Hulse, who suffered a badly broken leg at Chelsea in March, was substituted in added time.

That's the important bit...if Hulse is fit they may let Sharp go.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was muted a couple of weeks ago when Sharp and Keogh appeared together on Soccer AM. No smoke without fire.

O

Oxford_Wolf

Depends how much we could get him for. If we could pick him up for less than a million he may be worth a punt we could play a 1-3-6 formation. It woudn't matter as we have Wayne Hennersey in Goal

---------- Henersey ----------
------------------------------
---------- Craddock ----------
--Kightley - Olofinjana - Jarvis-
----Keogh -- Elliot -- Ward ---
-Eastwood - Sharp - Bothroyd-

And we would still only win 1-0 against Colchester.

E

Essex Wolf

Great - another striker to add to our collection of those that score infrequently.

Keogh and Sharp may have done the business in League 2 but although we cannot fault Keogh for his workrate, he isn't going to be one of the league's deadly strikers is he? And now we want to pair him with Sharp who struggles to get into Sheff. Utd's team let alone find the back of the net!

IMO this would be one gamble too many.

Can fully understand your POV AW but who knows whether Keogh and Sharp would struggle in the CCC?

Should this deal happen I'd expect to see at least one forward leave though.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love all these rumours especially after looking at the teletext this morning which said that misfit Billy Sharp has been told by Robson that he still fits into his plans.

C

cooper_J

Depends how much we could get him for. If we could pick him up for less than a million he may be worth a punt we could play a 1-3-6 formation. It woudn't matter as we have Wayne Hennersey in Goal

---------- Henersey ----------
---------- Craddock ----------
--Kightley - Olofinjana - Jarvis-
----Keogh -- Elliot -- Ward ---
-Eastwood - Sharp - Bothroyd-

And we would still only win 1-0 against Colchester.

Looks a little defensive to me.

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sharp to Wolves rumours are indeed old hat .................

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silliest part of this lazy bit of jounalism is them citing his lack of first team chances being a reason why he would want him to leave and come to our happy strike force !

E

Essex Wolf

Sharp to Wolves rumours are indeed old hat .................

Because most are just made up, this at least had a link.

Not saying it's correct or fact but a tad more substantive than the usual " I heard a bloke in the pub say..................."

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it? i tend to think it's just lazy provincial journalism regurgitating the speculation about Wolves' interest in Sharp .....................

E

Essex Wolf

Is it? i tend to think it's just lazy provincial journalism regurgitating the speculation about Wolves' interest in Sharp .....................

LW, I posted a link I thought may be of interest to some. Clearly you are not intertested so why bother to keep posting on it? Don't read it or post on it if it perturbs you that much.

Others have read it and posted without the need to keep going on about it.

The idea of MM is for Wolves fans to debate, discuss etc etc. Without people posting links they'd be sweet FA to chat about would there?:rolleyes:

P

Paul76

Hunch Paul or do you know something?

It's just a hunch.

If another striker does come in January and I fully expect a target man to be signed, then in my imo MM will sell Jay.

I don't think Jay features in MM long term plans.

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't state that I wasn't interested. I merely opined the need for another Billy Sharp thread, as opposed to updating an existing one. You are the one going on about it .......................

BTW I'm well aware of the purpose of MM ..............................

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Essex Wolf

It's just a hunch.

If another striker does come in January and I fully expect a target man to be signed, then in my imo MM will sell Jay.

I don't think Jay features in MM long term plans.

It's hard to tell who does Paul. MM has signed quite a few players now that don't seem to feature that often even when available.

D

duanepipe

You've got to be joking. Jay Bothroyd is the best player at Wolves by some considerable distance. The abuse he gets never fails to amaze me.

People talk about this attitude problem but I've still never seen proven examples of it. He's a lazy player. We seem to prefer less talented work horses at this club. No wonder we've struggled for years. We'd HATE some of the players Portsmouth have got.

P

Paul76

You've got to be joking. Jay Bothroyd is the best player at Wolves by some considerable distance. The abuse he gets never fails to amaze me.

People talk about this attitude problem but I've still never seen proven examples of it. He's a lazy player. We seem to prefer less talented work horses at this club. No wonder we've struggled for years. We'd HATE some of the players Portsmouth have got.

I agree but I have the feeling that MM will never see him as an integral part of the team.

Jay has done brilliantly to change his game to suit MM style but I'm not convinced he could ever satisfy MM completely.

Expect a 6"7 Ox In January!

E

Essex Wolf

I agree but I have the feeling that MM will never see him as an integral part of the team.

Jay has done brilliantly to change his game to suit MM style but I'm not convinced he could ever satisfy MM completely.

Expect a 6"7 Ox In January!

It's difficult to know or even take a guess at what sort of a player suits MM's style. Since his arrival at Molineux he has certainly signed a fair few.

B

Black Suit

Perhaps a loan deal would be best in January for Sharp, with a fee agreed at the time if we wished to go ahead. Less risk all round.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheffield United misfit Billy Sharp has been told by boss Bryan Robson that he has a future at the club. (The Sun)

As soon as Rob Hulse is back in the frame at Bramall Lane it'll be bye bye Billy.

If Billy comes to us it'll be bye bye Jay. Mick won't renew his contract and Jay's signing in the first place just seems a temporary measure to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Essex Wolf

Sheffield United misfit Billy Sharp has been told by boss Bryan Robson that he has a future at the club. (The Sun)

As soon as Rob Hulse is back in the frame at Bramall Lane it'll be bye bye Billy.

If Billy comes to us it'll be bye bye Jay. Mick won't renew his contract and Jay's signing in the first place just seems a temporary measure to me.

Good point Wolv3nsam and since when has what a manager said been a guarantee it will be what he does or sticks to?

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point Wolv3nsam and since when has what a manager said been a guarantee it will be what he does or sticks to?

Very true, Billy was omitted from the starting 16 altogether during the Blades 3-0 drubbing of Charlton I believe. I still think Sharp is a talented youngster as good (or decent) players don't turn bad overnight. I can't see much going his way as soon as Rob Hulse is back to full fitness and would the lure of a 4th placed team in the Championship owning his best mate at Scunny be too powerful?

Afterall, we'd promise him AT LEAST a bench place if not a starting spot. I just don't know if we can keep Billy and Freddy happy should we have both on the books.

E

Essex Wolf

Only time will tell Wolv3nsam but with December almost here we will only have to wait about another 5 weeks(ish) to find out.

I agree that players don't turn bad overnight but being virtually ignored can't be doing Sharp's confidence or match sharpness(no pun intended) a lot of good so the thought of teaming up with his old mate Keogh could go a long way to getting him to Molineux.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only time will tell Wolv3nsam but with December almost here we will only have to wait about another 5 weeks(ish) to find out.

I agree that players don't turn bad overnight but being virtually ignored can't be doing Sharp's confidence or match sharpness(no pun intended) a lot of good so the thought of teaming up with his old mate Keogh could go a long way to getting him to Molineux.

It'd probably be the case of playing him at reserve level for a short time and hope he starts gaining some rhythm. I agree with whoever it was on here that said we should take him on loan at first with the view to a permanent deal should all go merry, I wouldn't pay any more than £1.5m for him though in all honesty.. if that.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i think a gamble on sharp would be worth it, loan maybe depends what sheff u are willing to do, but think we could give them something to think abit, sniff around abit try and unsettle sharp aswell.

though if he did come i would not want to see JB go, he is our most talented striker and really starting to come good. i do not think we would have to many strikers remember we had quiet a few here under DJ when we got promoted and warnock was never affraid of having a couple hanging around. seems to be the formual that works to get you out of this league.

would also say do not judge any player on how he performs for bryan robson, he is the most helpless manager there is and why anyone would ever employ him is compleatly beyond me.

W

wolfie smith

get him in, does anyone see stephen ward as a striker???? he is micks main left winger no room up front for him.
i cant see any striker we sign or have signed hitting 15-20 goals this season, its the way we play and the creators behind the strikers that we are lacking.

Welwyn Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If we are going to sign a striker in January then it should be someone stronger than Billy Sharp.

What about Rasiak at Southampton? They are struggling financially and he doesn't seem to play every week.

Welwyn Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I haven't seen him enough to comment on whether he is lazy or not, just know he has scored quite a few goals at this level and Southampton have said they need to sell players.

Maybe his lack of workrate is what is keeping him out of the side then.

G

Gratters

Who gives a $$$$ if they are lazy or not its the goals scored that matters - Keogh 'runs his socks off' pundits take note !

3 goals in NINE hours of football - our defence can't hold out for ever !

Back
Top Bottom