Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Semedo

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies if missed it but has there been any news on Semedo after he went off? Looked like the outside of his knee gave in.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It didn’t look great at all did it. Looks like an ACL to me.
That was my concern too. He did walk off though, not sure if that’s a good sign? I can’t remember if players usually have to be carried off when they do their ACL.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was my concern too. He did walk off though, not sure if that’s a good sign? I can’t remember if players usually have to be carried off when they do their ACL.
They can often walk off, and walk back on! (when Jonny did his ACL against Olympiacos he walked back on after the game for that huddle around the centre circle). Did look like he was holding the outside of his hamstring to me though, so hopefully it's that, either way we won't see him again this season

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They can often walk off, and walk back on! (when Jonny did his ACL against Olympiacos he walked back on after the game for that huddle around the centre circle). Did look like he was holding the outside of his hamstring to me though, so hopefully it's that, either way we won't see him again this season
Hopefully it was his hamstring then! I thought he was holding his knee but I didn’t have a great view. Fingers crossed it’s nothing serious either way.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was a recurrence of his hamstring injury. He touched the hammy before going to ground.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Looked more like side of his knee to me
Hopefully this is true. I can’t recall the incident well. Was it a collision?
Then Medial ligament damage perhaps. They are usually impact injuries suffered on the side of the knee. Not ideal but not really serious. Neves had the same I think.

It’s when they go down without anyone around them is a real concern. If it’s not a muscle tear which is usually clear right away then more often than not it’s the wretched ACL giving away. Can be as simple as a change of direction or misstep.

If it’s a recurrence of his hamstring injury I’d be worried too. That would not be a good sign.

Last edited:

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it was a recurrence of his hamstring injury. He touched the hammy before going to ground.
It was the opposite leg to the one he had the black strapping on so assumed it was probably a separate injury but did think it was hamstring.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was defo his outer knee that went, I too was surprised that he was helped up to walk off though

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seemed like back of the knee ligaments to me
Certainly done for this season, and probably a relief to him after the teams performances lately

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked a recurrence of the hamstring
Another player we've rushed back and paid for it

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
This might be my unreliable memory again, but seem to recall playing at Vale and two players going down in the same game, having treatment playing on and then going off, then finding they were both ACLs. Corica might have been one of them? Might just have been a nightmare though, half the squad seemed to be long term injured in those days!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive blow to lose him, knowing the way he has played this campaign and in the process shut up 99% of his critics!

Not sure what is injury was, from the angle I had in SW1 but it certainly didn't look positive

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This might be my unreliable memory again, but seem to recall playing at Vale and two players going down in the same game, having treatment playing on and then going off, then finding they were both ACLs. Corica might have been one of them? Might just have been a nightmare though, half the squad seemed to be long term injured in those days!
Michael Gilkes the other? I'm not saying from memory, just taking a wild guess at a player we had at a similar time! I think it was quite common 25 years ago for players to do an ACL and initially try to carry on, they're usually such innocuous incidents that cause them I guess it was pretty easy to mistake one for something as simple as a jarred knee or a twist

Back
Top Bottom