Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Semedo situation

Extend or sell?

• Sell

Votes: 27 10.5%
  • Extend contract

Votes: 229 88.8%
  • He will run his contract down and leave for free

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Doesn’t matter we have Doherty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will he get a new contract

Or will we cash in

Not long left on his contract. Playing some of his best football at the moment.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Need to extend. Can sell him after next season and get his back up in ready in the summer.

May be 31 or so next summer but he definitely looks after himself.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Option c will not happen due to ffp
Option d terrifies me

He is playing well his stock is getting higher id cash in.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Still 18 months on his contract. Yes, we probably need to extend or sell in the summer, but given that he extended last year, hopefully that won't be a problem. He's gone from the list of terrible Mendes favours to the list of Wolves heroes.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Attacking more suits his skill set. Much better player without Traore in front of him, I did enjoy watch Traore but it is a team game.

Benefits from a footballing brain next to him. He thrives off playing with good players.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Extend but if he doesn't want to then we have to sell.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been a beast this season... extend but I think we'll sell him in the summer

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Option c will not happen due to ffp
Option d terrifies me

He is playing well his stock is getting higher id cash in.
I agree your comments about the options but doubt that we'd get anything like as good a replacement.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As our forward play evolves under GON, he’s looking better and better in an attacking sense, and he’s been pretty reliable at the back for a long time, as long as he doesn’t get caught 2 on 1 when he’s lacking support.

Extending his contract is an absolute no brainer for me.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As our forward play evolves under GON, he’s looking better and better in an attacking sense, and he’s been pretty reliable at the back for a long time, as long as he doesn’t get caught 2 on 1 when he’s lacking support.

Extending his contract is an absolute no brainer for me.
Always said he'd be better in a team which has the ball. He's generally very solid on the ground and has good skills, his issues are in the air (far post headers!) and delivery when attacking.

Last few months he's been really good and there's no point in selling him. We should, however, be looking for a young rb to ease in.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only put sell if we can recoup a bloody good fee.
We have remember the game we are now in with FFP, sometimes you have to sell when the stocks high.. not do a Adama and leave for nothing.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because of his age I can't see us getting a decent fee so clearly extend has to be the best option.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have been a definite sell six months ago but nobody would have bought him regardless but now he is finally actually showing some consistency so i wouldn't be against a short extension.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Extend him unless some team offers crazy money.

Sign a younger RB to learn under him but will also push him to keep being better.

I like Doc, but keep him as a leader / bench option. If he wants to play regularly, let him move on.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could be another Saiss situation.
We have to try and extend, as he’s been excellent.
You would imagine we would only want 1-2 years extension on top of current 18 months, whereas he’d be pushing for another 3 taking him to 34-35.

He’s certainly not showing any signs of slowing down yet, incredible engine. At one point yesterday, he was furthest man forward when we lost the ball, and he outpaced the whole Chelsea team tracking back as they broke.
When his ‘legs go’ though, it will likely be quite a sudden shock, and rob him of a huge part of how he plays.

Have to try and get another year sorted though.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been superb this season, this is the player Barcelona bought, and he'll be attracting the eyes of top level clubs again - even if only for a relatively short term. It'd cost a fortune to get someone in of his level, so try to extend

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Has proved me completely wrong this season after i have been heavily critical of him in the past. Been one of the standouts this year.
I would extend for a year but i want to see his replacement coming in the summer window. With sell to buy, and the policy the club is undertaking i would extend semedo while his replacement is signed and given rotation/clearly shows development.
Same with Dawson, although i think Dawson will be done due to age by end of 2025. Are these replacements S.Bueno and Lembikisa?? No idea, but succession planning is the key if the model is to be a success.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Class footballer. As is Sarabia. Sometimes people need a scapegoat. We are very lucky to have both in the old gold.
Agree with both.

Sarabia apparently a good leader too. Could turn out to be a Mountinho.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we afford his big wages is the question
Theres about 20k a week between our top earners depending what site you look at
Sarabia is top on £90k i believe Semedo 10-20k less not fantastic money in todays market
Its not like hes on £120k a week so yes we can
Most of first team on £50k plus so no great saving
Ofc if a good offer comes in anyone is for sale nowadays

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Theres about 20k a week between our top earners depending what site you look at
Sarabia is top on £90k i believe Semedo 10-20k less not fantastic money in todays market
Its not like hes on £120k a week so yes we can
Most of first team on £50k plus so no great saving
Ofc if a good offer comes in anyone is for sale nowadays
Be interesting to see how wages are affected by the new rules though. Clubs simply won't be able to offer what they did before.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting better, but would sell due to:

his age
wage
Our FFP and recruitment strategy

If we can get good value on a sale, he is someone that could generate interest from decent clubs so is a very saleable asset to help the rebuild

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope the club try to retain all the best of our squad for the season 24/25, and if players want away then we get every £ we can having identified suitable replacements. Who knows, IF we have made it to Europe by that time the players we fear we will lose will be happier staying at Molineux than warming benches for 50% of their playing careers.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As good as he has been (and he has been bloody good), he's probably one of the more replaceable players.

That said, I can't see us getting more than £15m for him and we'd need to spend that on a replacement.

It depends what Fosun's attitude is. If they want to bring players on and sell them when their stock is at it's highest, now is the time.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the defence needs some major work done this season, especially if we are ever to move back to a 4, so I would be cashing in whilst he still has some value.

Back
Top Bottom