Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sellars what now ?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont blame him, its not his fault , but he was useless at this level.
He should never have been appointed by Shi to such a high level - that was bordering on arrogance , stupidity or complacency by Shi.
I doubt he was well paid, that really would compound stupidity.
But the question to be answered is "Where is his place now ?"
Out the door , youth coach , or is he still the number one football man at our club ?

Anyone ITK ?

Last edited:

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s obviously good in the youth development set up as shown by our improvements in the academy, I’d like to see him refocus on that rather than be got rid of altogether to be honest.

I think it’s currently a case of The Peter Principle and we’ve put him in to a role he’s not good enough for at the detriment of taking him away from a role he was previously doing well with.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
He’s obviously good in the youth development set up as shown by our improvements in the academy, I’d like to see him refocus on that rather than be got rid of altogether to be honest.

I think it’s currently a case of The Peter Principle and we’ve put him in to a role he’s not good enough for at the detriment of taking him away from a role he was previously doing well with.
They’ve probably promoted Sellars to keep him happy and stop him getting poached by other clubs.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Unless he's on stupid money at Wolves, what chance he decides to seek pastures new? Or he's pushed. Dunno.

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
If a DoF is appointed then surely he drops down the pecking order or he moves on.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s obviously good in the youth development set up as shown by our improvements in the academy

Personally I think the academy can be attributed more to the EPPP than Sellars.

10+ years of consistent ££££ investment in the academy.
A lot of academies are now producing a lot of talent.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve probably promoted Sellars to keep him happy and stop him getting poached by other clubs.
May well be, problem is we’ve taken him away from a position he was doing well in and out him in a position which is detrimental to us as a club.

I’d be suggesting a return to a more academy based role with a DOF focusing on the first team.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think the academy can be attributed more to the EPPP than Sellars.

10+ years of consistent ££££ investment in the academy.
A lot of academies are now producing a lot of talent.
Perhaps, but our academy has seemed far more cohesive in the last 5 years or so and he was a part of that.

I feel we’ve over promoted him in to a role he doesn’t suit at the moment to the detriment of him and us.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should never have been appointed by Shi to such a high level - that was bordering on arrogance , stupidity or complacency by Shi.
Out the door , youth coach , or is he still the number one football man at our club ?

Anyone ITK ?
So, let's just consider your post.

You are quick to accuse Shi of arrogance, stupidity or complacency but then you ask "Anyone ITK?"

This would indicate you aren't in the know or that you know anything about the decision or the actual situation. Why throw around such negativity? One might be inclined to call you arrogant or stupid on that basis.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, let's just consider your post.

You are quick to accuse Shi of arrogance, stupidity or complacency but then you ask "Anyone ITK?"

This would indicate you aren't in the know or that you know anything about the decision or the actual situation. Why throw around such negativity? One might be inclined to call you arrogant or stupid on that basis.
That is because I can make my own judgements , and use a bit of analysis from external observation. and experience of why most organisations fail and attending all matches.
Number one reason for a company failure is because of the top man in that company makes poor decisions on whom to delegate responsibility.
I hope that answers your criticism.

Did you read what Saiss said about us ? And he was ITK.

Last edited:

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is because I can make my own judgements , and use a bit of analysis from external observation. and experience of why most organisations fail and attending all matches.
Number one reason for a company failure is because of the top man in that company makes poor decisions on whom to delegate responsibility.
I am happy if you can explain our place in the relegation zone after vast expenditure.
So, did you notice who we appointed this week?
Did you notice that those who you accuse now have given us our best team and best performance in decades?
As regards our current position, sometimes it happens in football when a coach fails to address the situation. Those you accuse fired him.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, did you notice who we appointed this week?
Did you notice that those who you accuse now have given us our best team and best performance in decades?
As regards our current position, sometimes it happens in football when a coach fails to address the situation. Those you accuse fired him.
I was talking about the last three years. Not last week .

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps, but our academy has seemed far more cohesive in the last 5 years or so and he was a part of that.

Again, is that because of him, or because they're the first cohorts to come through the EPPP system as a whole (having had 25M spent on them) with an emphasis on coaching, psychological support, and technical ability Vs the old style of emphasis on physical attributes over technical ability

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did you read what Saiss said about us ? And he was ITK.
I wouldn’t read too much into Saiss tbh, basically a disgruntled ex employee who is bitter he didn’t get the contract he wanted. Add into that for years plenty of fans wanted him replaced

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t read too much into Saiss tbh, basically a disgruntled ex employee who is bitter he didn’t get the contract he wanted. Add into that for years plenty of fans wanted him replaced
I suppose I felt what he said rung true.
We hear very little and only the leavers can speak out.
Marcal, Ruddy and Coady appeared very disgruntled , I know they would if they left but I really liked all of those guys .Their presence reassured me.
I felt those four were the experienced ‘adults in the room ‘ . Along with Patricio Moutinho and Neves.

Last edited:

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plus players usually have their own biased views but rarely do they know what is going on in the bigger picture. None of them have a say in who we recruit or fire. None of them really know the inner workings of how the club is planning on doing things. They do have a close insight into how things are going and their and other players roles in the plan and they can most certainly affect whether a coach is successful or not.

I listened to Roman and can quite understand his comments as it appears from various comments made by people who have left that Bruno wasn't exactly a people person. Players need to feel valued and it's clear that Coady, Big John and Roman weren't. I'd also guess Dendoncker wasn't but he hasn't really said much.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marcal, Ruddy and Coady appeared very disgruntled , I know they would if they left but I really liked all of those guys .There presence reassured me.

I felt those four were the experienced ‘adults in the room ‘ . Unlike many they left behind .
question is was it Sellars of Shi making the decisions they were unhappy with, or were those down to Bruno. So then maybe question is who was the main decision maker on his appointment ?

If Shi then seems he should not be that involved (finances aside) and question then about Sellars was he just a yes man with no real power if so something needs to chance in that relationship, if Sellars was the decision maker then can look at how good or not a job he has done. Anyway you look at it there need to be some changes, either in the personnel or in the way they are working

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again, is that because of him, or because they're the first cohorts to come through the EPPP system as a whole (having had 25M spent on them) with an emphasis on coaching, psychological support, and technical ability Vs the old style of emphasis on physical attributes over technical ability
It might well be, I guess we’ll find out in a few years if he does go.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
question is was it Sellars of Shi making the decisions they were unhappy with, or were those down to Bruno. So then maybe question is who was the main decision maker on his appointment ?

If Shi then seems he should not be that involved (finances aside) and question then about Sellars was he just a yes man with no real power if so something needs to chance in that relationship, if Sellars was the decision maker then can look at how good or not a job he has done. Anyway you look at it there need to be some changes, either in the personnel or in the way they are working
For me Shi either delegated or did . He is culpable . He is on site in a relatively small company . Big men left this club to be replaced by boys.

Last edited:

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Julen was bringing a DOF with him or was that twitter bs?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marcal, Ruddy and Coady appeared very disgruntled , I know they would if they left but I really liked all of those guys .Their presence reassured me.
I felt those four were the experienced ‘adults in the room ‘ . Along with Patricio Moutinho and Neves.
Yet they were all ****e when we got hammered 3-0 by Brighton last year.
That was about the time the rot sunk in.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet they were all ****e when we got hammered 3-0 by Brighton last year.
That was about the time the rot sunk in.
I am sure you have worked in places where ****ed off disengaged employees produce poor performances.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any sight of him at the game yesterday with his Pictionary board?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me Shi either delegated or did . He is culpable . He is on site in a restively small company . Big men left this club to be replaced by boys.
Boys?…..really?……that’s nonsense.
Shi has run this club since 2016……and we’re in our 5th PL season.

And in those previously 4 seasons, our WORST finish was 13th. ……….not too shabby at all.

So, contrary to what many seem to believe, that indicates some level of competency.

Things not going too well right now?…….well, this is football and fortunes are constantly changing.
Look at where Newcastle, Liverpool and Leicester are right now.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right, clearly Sellars has his apologists on here but he needs ****ing off asap.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boys?…..really?……that’s nonsense.
Shi has run this club since 2016……and we’re in our 5th PL season.

And in those previously 4 seasons, our WORST finish was 13th. ……….not too shabby at all.

So, contrary to what many seem to believe, that indicates some level of competency.

Things not going too well right now?…….well, this is football and fortunes are constantly changing.
Look at where Newcastle, Liverpool and Leicester are right now.
Sorry . I take a very rational long view . Put your case by all means, but try not to be condescending.
The longer a good man is in position the better things should get .Do you not agree ?
Nuno is probably the reason we got to that exulted position . Over 3 years ago.
We have declined every year since Nuno left.
Nuno left and Sellars and Shi ran the ship
Now can you counter that without calling us boys !

Last edited:

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Anyone ITK ?
Not ITK but I suspect his place is exactly where it has been. He's a decoy for Mendes' involvement in our transfer policy (not a dig at Mendes). He's essentially there for Jeff to point at when the governing bodies ask "who's responsible for recruitment?"

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not ITK but I suspect his place is exactly where it has been. He's a decoy for Mendes' involvement in our transfer policy (not a dig at Mendes). He's essentially there for Jeff to point at when the governing bodies ask "who's responsible for recruitment?"
That sounds right. So who let our experienced men leave ? So we are rudderless .

Back
Top Bottom