Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sellars new technical director

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go on then, he studies our performance?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found the answer.

A Technical Director is, in essence, very similar to a DoF in the sense where he'll go out and try to make deals for the best staff members he can find. He can also act as an in-between between staff and manager, making the game a whole lot easier for you, with less of a workload to deal with.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found the answer.

A Technical Director is, in essence, very similar to a DoF in the sense where he'll go out and try to make deals for the best staff members he can find. He can also act as an in-between between staff and manager, making the game a whole lot easier for you, with less of a workload to deal with.

Does that make him Thelwells replacement but under another title?

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy is either really good at doing SOMETHING for the club, or he’s not good enough for his role because they keep moving him around. This is what? His third or fourth role at the club?
The guy is an exceptional coach, who has bought into what Nuno has wanted from day one and implemented it at the age grades below and from what I know from other clubs, his reports on developing players are top notch.

D

Deleted member 4008

I am not sure what the role is but hopefully one of more communication and clarity

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Staff I.e coaches etc or staff I.e players up for consideration I'm sure there will be a interview vid shortly
They put a few videos up the other week but then made them unlisted shortly after. Presume they'll repost them soon with this announcement being made

IMG_20210114_182539.jpg

Last edited:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy is either really good at doing SOMETHING for the club, or he’s not good enough for his role because they keep moving him around. This is what? His third or fourth role at the club?
He tried making the tea, but was **** at it....

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Keeps moving up, so obviously club (and Jeff) seem him as important and doing a good job.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if he is a bit of a 'yes man'? I do hope not and he tells Jeff/ Nuno what they need to hear rather than what they want to hear. He does seem to move around a lot within the Club which means he's either bloody good or he's not found a home yet?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy is an exceptional coach, who has bought into what Nuno has wanted from day one and implemented it at the age grades below and from what I know from other clubs, his reports on developing players are top notch.
Oh is this why we have so many successful youngsters playing regularly for the first team over his time here.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of his new duties is to advise which kids John Ruddy has to babysit on the expanded nine man subs bench.
even in the darkest times we can find humour.I was waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel until it was pointed out is was probably a train coming the other way

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh is this why we have so many successful youngsters playing regularly for the first team over his time here.
Not many players do make it to first teams in the modern game.

you can’t critique a coach of an academy if not many get through to a premier league first team. The % who make it at any club is very very small and can be dictated by catchment area too. The class of 92 was the exception and not the rule, also haven’t we got 7 under 23’s in the match day squad at the min? A few of whom played in our academy.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty, but wouldn't like to give you an estimate, depends on what you class at technicals, because technically it is a broad area
Whilst you may be technically correct, I actually think you're technically incorrect as I think in this case it is technically more specific, now back to your shoe. ;)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still don’t know what he does. I love bull**** titles, could we have a penalty box technical expert next please

Back
Top Bottom