Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

'See myself in him': Santi Cazorla says Arsenal now have a player in their ranks who's a lot like him

• Thread starter Giuseppe Labellarte
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Giuseppe Labellarte

Arsenal have very much risen from the ashes in recent years, going from a club that couldn’t seal a Premier League top-four place into one challenging for the title.

Since taking the Gunners reins, Mikel Arteta has transformed Arsenal into a club that can finally hold a candle to Arsene Wenger’s swashbuckling giants at the turn of the century.

One of the best signings Arsenal have made in the Arteta era has been Martin Odegaard, who has gone from a talented former prodigy to one of the best players in the league.

The Norwegian midfielder was one of the best youngsters in world football when he joined Real Madrid at just 16 years of age in 2015.

Photo by David Price/Arsenal FC via Getty Images

He was on their books until 2021, but only made a few senior competitive appearances for them.

Odegaard also took in four loan spells, including the one at Arsenal that led to Arteta signing him permanently.

Arsenal reportedly paid just £30million for the 25-year-old, and it’s already looking like a bargain, considering how important he is for the Gunners.

What has Santi Cazorla said about Arsenal captain Martin Odegaard?​

Now, Arsenal cult hero Santi Cazorla has spoken highly of Odegaard, telling The Guardian that he feels the Norway international is similar to him.

“I love [Martin] Odegaard and see myself in him,” said Cazorla.

“Like him, I found a coach [Arsene Wenger] who gave me confidence. He made me captain before I could say ‘hola’ in English.”

Odegaard will no doubt welcome Cazorla’s comments. He is, after all, a massive fan favourite at Arsenal, even years after leaving.

Cazorla also seems confident that the Gunners are on the right track, so let’s hope they can reap the reward in the coming years with major silverware.

The post 'See myself in him': Santi Cazorla says Arsenal now have a player in their ranks who's a lot like him appeared first on TBR Football.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom