Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Second goal on Saturday

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had the biggest wow factor since the Neves Derby goal in my book. If it had been one of the BBC's favourite teams they'd have wet themselves over it. Doesn't figure in their poll of the best goals from the weekend, of course. Was it just me who found it so delightful?

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was a thing of beauty from the BQ, I've gotta say - Podence's clever turn, Ait Nouri's razor penetration down the left and a perfect ball to a steaming Semedo. Bang. 2-0.

When Semedo lifted it a bit, I thought for a horrible moment he'd ballooned it; but perfect calm placement on his part in fact.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have been a very similar chance for Yanited last night, with Rashford running clear down the right, with at least 2 touches in which he could have played a simple cross to Greenwood for a tap in.
Made an absolute mess of it, unlike the young LWB with probably 200 fewer senior appearances.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The media dont seem at all bothered with us as a club. I am not surprised the goal isnt in the goal of the weekend poll. We are constantly ignored this season.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant, RAN's legs were a blurr, reminded me of the road runner.
But the key to the move was Podence's turn and perfect weight to the pass which enabled RAN to get to top speed before reaching the ball.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had the biggest wow factor since the Neves Derby goal in my book. If it had been one of the BBC's favourite teams they'd have wet themselves over it. Doesn't figure in their poll of the best goals from the weekend, of course. Was it just me who found it so delightful?
I called it orgasmic on another thread! I also loved that the ball went into the top left hand corner rather than smashed under the gk or in bottom right. Beautiful. Best Wolves goal for ages imo.

R

reanswolf

I agree, it was a real top class goal, right up there with the best.
Podence's Cruyff turn isn't done justice on TV, you had to be there to appreciate it, then a lovely through-pass for the speeding Alt Nouri who fired in a precision pass for the rampaging Semedo to steer into the top corner.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love when Podence does that shimmy/turn. He did it closer to the touchline against someone last season and left them going the wrong way. Can't remember which team it was, but it was fantastic.

Reaction score
I love when Podence does that shimmy/turn. He did it closer to the touchline against someone last season and left them going the wrong way. Can't remember which team it was, but it was fantastic.
Wasn't that Sheffield United actually?? He played it into Jimenez?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Against Chelsea, and it was Havertz.
Think he took at least another 3 steps before realising he wasn’t there.
Although I might be getting confused, was it jonny that did Havertz?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best since Rauls winner in the 3-2 v Spurs. That has the edge, for me. Higher class opponent. End-to-end like lightening. Brilliant trickery, run and pass by Jota. And bonus points for Raul tying the defender in knots before as good a finish as you will ever see.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Against Chelsea, and it was Havertz.
Think he took at least another 3 steps before realising he wasn’t there.
Although I might be getting confused, was it jonny that did Havertz?
Think you may be right - Chelsea seems to ring a bell. Cheers.

King Henry VIII

Groupie
Reaction score

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea and Havertz, he then megged Havertz not long after. Have rewatched those clips quite a few times!

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was a thing of beauty from the BQ, I've gotta say - Podence's clever turn, Ait Nouri's razor penetration down the left and a perfect ball to a steaming Semedo. Bang. 2-0.

When Semedo lifted it a bit, I thought for a horrible moment he'd ballooned it; but perfect calm placement on his part in fact.
Yeh I thought he skied it too haha.

D

Deleted member (smith)

I saw the bbc poll and thought I have to vote for this ….and WTF it isn’t even on their list.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The media dont seem at all bothered with us as a club. I am not surprised the goal isnt in the goal of the weekend poll. We are constantly ignored this season.
Suits me fine!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody know the significance of the bird flapping thing?
Maybe:
Robin defenders of their balance., making the defence look right Tits
Swan-ning past players, leaving them Quail-ling in their boots
Making the opposition rEgret they didn't tackle him, leaving us all Raven about the goal
(enough, already)

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who was in the poll?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute best thing about it was the breaking of the Sheff Utd press before hand. Some fantastic quick passes under pressure before Podence's turn and long ball.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute best thing about it was the breaking of the Sheff Utd press before hand. Some fantastic quick passes under pressure before Podence's turn and long ball.
That sort of move and pass over the top of a pressing team should be meat and drink for Traore but he rarely gets that free or we just can't get that type of ball to him. I know he's missed several 1 on 1s but with his pace, apart from Sa, no one has really tried to get him in on goal.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That sort of move and pass over the top of a pressing team should be meat and drink for Traore but he rarely gets that free or we just can't get that type of ball to him. I know he's missed several 1 on 1s but with his pace, apart from Sa, no one has really tried to get him in on goal.
That's because he never makes the run.

The second Podence turns, RAN knows its on and is off making the run.

Back
Top Bottom