Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season ticket prices 24/25

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hadn’t the prices been released by this time last year. Why the delay ?
We are not going down and we won’t get into Europe , so hit us up
What do we think ? I’m guessing extra £2 per game so around £75 hoike

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Minimum of a 5% rise I’d imagine

Money is the name of the game

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£2 a game is £75 increase? Didn’t realise we were playing all 38 games at home, that’s an innovative way of increasing our match day income!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Guessing we're going to hear soon about it's been a fabulous season and Gary is the saviour, but we need to back him, so we all need to dig a little deeper. Even though every extra £1 a game on a ST contributes about £400k to a turnover of £170m.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I purchased/paid for mine on 31st May last year, my friend is on the ST waiting list and she's usually had her position in queue by now ( was end Feb last year) , she emailed club to ask where she was and they said its all in hand being finalised as we speak, shouldn't be too long now

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully those who make decisions are looking at the bigger picture. There was a lot of ill will last summer (rightly) having just stayed up, some very big players leaving and the whole JL debacle. GON has steadied the ship and the feel good factor is slowly returning, it’d be a big PR own goal if it’s a big increase.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I purchased/paid for mine on 31st May last year, my friend is on the ST waiting list and she's usually had her position in queue by now ( was end Feb last year) , she emailed club to ask where she was and they said its all in hand being finalised as we speak, shouldn't be too long now
I’m hoping they don’t abandon the OAP reduction

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should consider doing so, or at least target it more effectively at those who actually need it. You've got younger people who are paying ever extortionate rents after years of high inflation hitting their wages while many pensioners own assets (i.e. homes) worth hundreds of thousands with both a state and private pension to help support.

Help those who need it, but the club shouldn't be subsiding those pensioners who are quite frankly in a much better financial situation than a lot of working-age people who are expected to pay full price.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should consider doing so, or at least target it more effectively at those who actually need it. You've got younger people who are paying ever extortionate rents after years of high inflation hitting their wages while many pensioners own assets (i.e. homes) worth hundreds of thousands with both a state and private pension to help support.

Help those who need it, but the club shouldn't be subsiding those pensioners who are quite frankly in a much better financial situation than a lot of working-age people who are expected to pay full price.
Please explain how much better financially I will be by taking a 75% drop in income when I retire , with no private pension , rent to pay , utility bills to find and inflation busting food to put on the table

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ah yes you mean those pensioners with houses worth worth 100s of 1000s -- you mean the lucky ones that were given those houses for free even though inflation during the 70s was up to 20% , the same ones that didnt spend their own money on a pension --perhaps they would be in a better position had they spent it all on the latest Iphone 68 for a grand or so or perhaps the latest Aididas trainers for small fortunes.

Hazza

Reaction score
What grates on me is the prize money per position in the league.

Last year it was £2.2m per position, so difference between 13th and 7th is a whopping £13m.

If 20,000 season tickets go up by £75 each that generates £1.5m, not even the same as one place in the league.

Why not make a huge gesture and say if the team finish above expected position (which let’s face it was 17th or up) those that have invested in the season (existing ticket holders) don’t get an increase as the income would be far higher than originally budgeted for.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please explain how much better financially I will be by taking a 75% drop in income when I retire , with no private pension , rent to pay , utility bills to find and inflation busting food to put on the table
As said, younger working people are expected to pay full price when they own no assets, are likely paying high rents or even mortgages, and ever increasing bills as you say.

Why should OAP's be treated differently? After years of triple locked pensions and an ever increasing disparity in generational wealth. As said, the club should help long term supporters of all ages/backgrounds out where it can, but this blanket approach makes little sense. Struggling young adults expected to pay full price but affluent OAP's can get a discount, how does that work?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As covered on the other thread.

We're already overpriced in comparison to league position - something they used to justify the initial increase.

You could just about accept a prise rise if there was investment into the team or stadium. Even though the price rise is minimal, you accept that if they're putting more money in, then us putting more money in is acceptable within reason.

However, we basically know that there will once again be a zero net spend this summer, and there will be no investment into a stadium that is already poor.

So, there's absolutely no justification whatsoever.

If anything, the prices should be reduced, but I'm not naive enough to think that will happen.

Realistically, they stay the same and it's satisfactory for all.

As for the delay, I suspect they're waiting for a win. After a terrible January and poor form, it's not a great time to raise prices (if that's what they do). If results continue to be poor, I expect a few exciting transfer links to come out, and a bit more talk of going for it next season before they then release the price rise.

#OnePack

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to those who renew and fair play to those who don’t I totally get it

We are still the pack ay we

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As said, younger working people are expected to pay full price when they own no assets, are likely paying high rents or even mortgages, and ever increasing bills as you say.

Why should OAP's be treated differently? After years of triple locked pensions and an ever increasing disparity in generational wealth. As said, the club should help long term supporters of all ages/backgrounds out where it can, but this blanket approach makes little sense. Struggling young adults expected to pay full price but affluent OAP's can get a discount, how does that work?
Not all OAP's are affluent so your system would have to be means tested across the board as there are some of a younger age who are making a good living.
I guess if you've followed the club for decades and paid full whack season after season then it could be considered a benefit or reward later in life.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to those who renew and fair play to those who don’t I totally get it

We are still the pack ay we
Completely agree. It’s such a personal decision based on individual circumstances. It’s definitely not a “one size fits all scenario”. I’m sure some won’t be renewing at all regardless of the price.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not all OAP's are affluent so your system would have to be means tested across the board as there are some of a younger age who are making a good living.
I guess if you've followed the club for decades and paid full whack season after season then it could be considered a benefit or reward later in life.
The humanitarian in me (or leftie snowflake depending on opinions!) thinks we should look after OAP prices the same we look after the next generation prices. It’d be an own goal for me to remove concessions for OAPs, albeit unfortunately one I think will happen.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah yes you mean those pensioners with houses worth worth 100s of 1000s -- you mean the lucky ones that were given those houses for free even though inflation during the 70s was up to 20% , the same ones that didnt spend their own money on a pension --perhaps they would be in a better position had they spent it all on the latest Iphone 68 for a grand or so or perhaps the latest Aididas trainers for small fortunes.
I mean, you've indulged in a number of silly myths there. Ridiculous and lazy stereotypes aside, the facts speak for themselves.

Attachments

• 7t146welfv041.png
    7t146welfv041.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 84

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. I want the club to help long standing fans of all ages where it can but I just don't think the blanket approach of saying when you get to a certain age you get X amount off is the best way to do it.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They need to do something, I've said around this time every year the club have a problem FOSUN inherited where the most expensive seats (Billy Wright) were massively under priced compared to other clubs and it's compounded even further by being filled with those on discounted tickets OAPs in the upper and family tickets in the lower.

They've ended up being unable to relocate people to other areas (as clubs usually do to fix this) so the solution so far has been to uplift prices around the ground and raise the BW Upper faster but it's ended up with our other areas now far more expensive than at counter parts whilst not solving the subsidised fans sitting in the BWU.

Selling half season tickets in 17/18 was an incredibly short sighted decision with this problem in mind though and removed any spare capacity to resolve it in a reasonable way.

I'd hope they at least they look into removing it from the Billy Wright Upper, as increasing other areas of the ground to make it more palatable to those sitting in the BWU is just another short sighted exercise.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean, you've indulged in a number of silly myths there. Ridiculous and lazy stereotypes aside, the facts speak for themselves.
No silly myths , ridiculous or lazy stereotypes from me at all just straight forward facts--I am indeed a pensioner , I purchased my first house in 1972 so enjoyed the 15-20% inflation and also contributed to a private pension and was always flat broke so dont think what I have said is a ****ing myth.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No silly myths , ridiculous or lazy stereotypes from me at all just straight forward facts--I am indeed a pensioner , I purchased my first house in 1972 so enjoyed the 15-20% inflation and also contributed to a private pension and was always flat broke so dont think what I have said is a ****ing myth.
The whole thing about iPhones and expensive trainers is lazy stereotyping that's designed to somehow paint young people as wasteful and that's why they can't buy a house. As you can see from the chart attached above, you bought a house when they were on average around 2.7 times the average salary (for a man anyway, guess I'm assuming a bit here that you are), compared to today where it's over 11 times that amount, so the ratio has effectively quadrupled.

You may not like that fact, but it's still true. Anyway, back to the larger point regarding STH prices, the increasing generational wealth gap is why the club should be looking to at least help long standing, younger fans out if they're going to keep the blanket OAP discounts. Or they should do away with such a blanket approach and attempt to diversify the pricing in a way that allows for more affordable tickets for people of all age groups, which I fear won't be possible until there's some sort of stadium expansion anyway and demand eases a bit.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole thing about iPhones and expensive trainers is lazy stereotyping that's designed to somehow paint young people as wasteful and that's why they can't buy a house. As you can see from the chart attached above, you bought a house when they were on average around 2.7 times the average salary (for a man anyway, guess I'm assuming a bit here that you are), compared to today where it's over 11 times that amount, so the ratio has effectively quadrupled.

You may not like that fact, but it's still true. Anyway, back to the larger point regarding STH prices, the increasing generational wealth gap is why the club should be looking to at least help long standing, younger fans out if they're going to keep the blanket OAP discounts. Or they should do away with such a blanket approach and attempt to diversify the pricing in a way that allows for more affordable tickets for people of all age groups, which I fear won't be possible until there's some sort of stadium expansion anyway and demand eases a bit.
How on earth does having a house worth 1/2 million put anymore money in my pocket --what do I do offer the club a few bricks out of the West Wing ?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How on earth does having a house worth 1/2 million put anymore money in my pocket --what do I do offer the club a few bricks out of the West Wing ?
If its in Low Hill you could offer them the garden to train on?

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
So forget pensioners, are we selling all the tickets for next season following an assessment of disposable income?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference in my dads ticket (oap) and mine has already been cut significantly (with both rising) over the past few years.

Last year renewals were priced as the same as ‘new’ were priced at the year previously so would expect to see that again with the gap between oap and adult further reduced.

Would be nice to have a freeze, but simply cannot see it given the way we are operating.

One pack…

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So forget pensioners, are we selling all the tickets for next season following an assessment of disposable income?
Affordability checks incoming. Club will need to see 3 months worth of pay slips and bank statements.

If you're retired, the club will need to see your pension slips/letters showing your income and the related bank statements.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So as someone who is planning to retire early in the next 12 months whilst I still have my health and faculties I've been looking forward to a free bus pass, free TV licence, two for the price of one lunches in The Chestnut and a cheaper season ticket coming my way in the next few years. One, by one it looks like all these benefits will slowly disappear, but still holding out hope for my OAP season ticket reduction in a few years time.

Hence I started reading this thread with a great deal of interest, then to my surprise one of the beneficiaries of my estate is on here planted firmly on the abolition side of the debate!!!

As a result I am now looking at Equity Release plans and will be calling Jeff to enquire as to the price of an executive box before I can then figure out how many years it will take to burn through their inheritance ;)

Back
Top Bottom