Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season ticket prices 24/25

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if there's a 12% rise I'd be very optimistic if I was you! As you've demonstrated, you don't need a ST to get into games as it is, so it's hard to imagine there are 10k people who want to come to them all. Missing Nuno's first two seasons would have been awful, since then it's been very mixed!
Midweek evening games have always been less popular, even in those first 2 seasons I remember a game (or perhaps 2) against palace when it didn’t seem to sell out.
We played crap and lost. Getting home at gone 1am before an early start for work really put me off attending those games. Add in the match by match ticket price and VAR …. Can’t blame people for not bothering, though that doesn’t mean they wouldn’t take up a season ticket given the opportunity.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a reminder how much they’ve already gone up by.

Billy Wright Upper £833 + 12% = £933.

That would be 70% price increase since 2018, what else has gone up by that amount in the last 6 years ?

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What did the percentage increase end up being last year?

I really can’t see it going up 12%… 3 or 4 tops.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simply isn’t worth it - particularly when you miss 2/3 games due to fixtures being rearranged, and another 2-3 at the end of the season due to the games being completely meaningless of fosun have someone running the club who is completely incompetent

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance. Would love to hear the reasoning behind any increase.

Actually no I won't because it'll be bull**** about increase costs due to current climate that they're having to pass onto fans.

Because we didn’t pay enough and we need to pay more to be competitive…..

Jeff already told us

Trade descriptions act must be close on this one so far since the club said it……

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My lad will be 14 next season so will be classed as an u17 and then 12% rise, going to be an expensive couple of season tickets

the genius

Reaction score
I echo many others. Raising season ticket prices yet again would be unfair to loyal fans who may already be financially stretched. It could/will alienate supporters who have been the backbone of the club's support through thick and thin. Loyalty should be rewarded, not priced out.

bigwolf

Reaction score
If 10% that'll put mine to £800 that's £42 a game, pushing working class people out of the game

£800 is 3% of the average annual net income in the UK. I appreciate that it will be more of a stretch for some more than others and when buying multiple tickets for a family it stacks up but 3% is not a signifiant ratio for something that means so much to the people who attend. Especially for 'The Greatest League In The World'.

It's the equivalent cost of a Iphone 15 mobile contract in a full works.plan.

I am not defending the cost as there is enough money sloshing about in the game and it simply means more money going into players and agents pockets. It's nuts that more money is needed.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£800 is 3% of the average annual net income in the UK. I appreciate that it will be more of a stretch for some more than others and when buying multiple tickets for a family it stacks up but 3% is not a signifiant ratio for something that means so much to the people who attend. Especially for 'The Greatest League In The World'.

It's the equivalent cost of a Iphone 15 mobile contract in a full works.plan.

I am not defending the cost as there is enough money sloshing about in the game and it simply means more money going into players and agents pockets. It's nuts that more money is needed.
Poor comparison though as a mobile phone contract is pretty much as necessary as anything else in this day and age, you can't really function without it if you're a working age person.

Not to mention how paying £40 to £50+ a game on average for a club with a depleted squad and a rotting stadium does not represent good value for money in any case.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
3879 but hasn’t been updated I think around 2k were offered this season so I should be around 1879
A lot at the front of queue have been offered one for a few years & refuse so they just stay where they are hoping one day they can afford one as they keep their place

bigwolf

Reaction score
Poor comparison though as a mobile phone contract is pretty much as necessary as anything else in this day and age, you can't really function without it if you're a working age person.

Not to mention how paying £40 to £50+ a game on average for a club with a depleted squad and a rotting stadium does not represent good value for money in any case.

I agree a phone contract is a necessity these days. But you don't need to spend £75 a month on one.

I have an unlimited data SIM only contract for £15 a month and buy a second hand £100 phone every couple of years. People can make choices.

I'd like a Lamborghini but I can't afford one so I have a car that meets my needs at a cost that i can afford allowing me spend money on things like a ST.

As I say the money sploshing about in football is ridiculous and fans should be treated better.

On the value view that's subjective I guess. I watched LG at the Civic and paid £75 for 45 mins. It was a great gig but some were not happy.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree a phone contract is a necessity these days. But you don't need to spend £75 a month on one.

I have an unlimited data SIM only contract for £15 a month and buy a second hand £100 phone every couple of years. People can make choices.

I'd like a Lamborghini but I can't afford one so I have a car that meets my needs at a cost that i can afford allowing me spend money on things like a ST.

As I say the money sploshing about in football is ridiculous and fans should be treated better.

On the value view that's subjective I guess. I watched LG at the Civic and paid £75 for 45 mins. It was a great gig but some were not happy.
Who spends £75 a month on a phone? If they were struggling financially they wouldn't anyway.

These are the same types of myths used to vilify people that are financially struggling and less well off, the old "oh well they wouldn't need benefits if they didn't spend on takeaways and Sky TV".

Less of the divisive language is required, part of the reason fans voices aren't heard in this country is that we're far too tribal and don't work together enough. Until then, we'll continue to be exploited by wealthy overseas consortiums and owners.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

LG ? Larry Grayson ?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has the 12% come from anybody reliable or just somebody on Twitter?

bigwolf

Reaction score
Who spends £75 a month on a phone? If they were struggling financially they wouldn't anyway.

These are the same types of myths used to vilify people that are financially struggling and less well off, the old "oh well they wouldn't need benefits if they didn't spend on takeaways and Sky TV".

Less of the divisive language is required, part of the reason fans voices aren't heard in this country is that we're far too tribal and don't work together enough. Until then, we'll continue to be exploited by wealthy overseas consortiums and owners.

Not sure what decisive language I've used or criticised anyone who in receipt on benefits.

I was simple making a comparison of cost to illustrate the point sometimes people need to make a choice.

I say again some will struggle more than others with the cost and it's truly sad that some fans will be giving up their ST due to the cost this summer. It really is.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My lad will be 14 next season so will be classed as an u17 and then 12% rise, going to be an expensive couple of season tickets
I can trump that.
Got one going from u17 to u21 (a skint student) and another going from u21 to adult (unable to work due to long term illness) next season. God help me/us.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

fleck1

Reaction score
If they stuck all 22,000 up £100 it would make them £2m (a place in the league table). In the grand scheme of things and the numbers brought in elsewhere it will mean very little to the club, but has the potential to make or break whether its financially viable for a fan to continue in the current climate. I hope the rumours of a 12% aren't true but fear they probably are and I feel the club and the owners will have really read the room wrong. People bring up the 10k strong waiting list from 6 or 7 years ago, there will be nowhere near that now the initial hype of promotion and Europe have died off. Id imagine even less when they receive an email saying they are lucky enough to get one can we have you £800. The facilities are becoming tired and worn (with no sign of that changing), we are bobbing around midtable and VAR is sucking the life out of the game, so what are we getting for an increase?
Personally if I'm lucky I can do a home game in a 4 hour round trip, though the M6 likes to treat me to the odd 6 or 7 to keep me on my toes. So the added travel cost and the rumours of an over the top increase really have me thinking and a number of others I know. They prey on it being habit you've always done it for 10,20,30+ years its what you do, so you'll find a way. We aren't a London club, we don't have tourists queuing up for a ticket, obviously we attract a few Koreans at the moment but they aren't going to be filling the stadium if you drive the heart and soul of the fan base away by pricing them out.

bigwolf

Reaction score
If they stuck all 22,000 up £100 it would make them £2m (a place in the league table). In the grand scheme of things and the numbers brought in elsewhere it will mean very little to the club, but has the potential to make or break whether its financially viable for a fan to continue in the current climate. I hope the rumours of a 12% aren't true but fear they probably are and I feel the club and the owners will have really read the room wrong. People bring up the 10k strong waiting list from 6 or 7 years ago, there will be nowhere near that now the initial hype of promotion and Europe have died off. Id imagine even less when they receive an email saying they are lucky enough to get one can we have you £800. The facilities are becoming tired and worn (with no sign of that changing), we are bobbing around midtable and VAR is sucking the life out of the game, so what are we getting for an increase?
Personally if I'm lucky I can do a home game in a 4 hour round trip, though the M6 likes to treat me to the odd 6 or 7 to keep me on my toes. So the added travel cost and the rumours of an over the top increase really have me thinking and a number of others I know. They prey on it being habit you've always done it for 10,20,30+ years its what you do, so you'll find a way. We aren't a London club, we don't have tourists queuing up for a ticket, obviously we attract a few Koreans at the moment but they aren't going to be filling the stadium if you drive the heart and soul of the fan base away by pricing them out.

They will have modelled various price increases and lapse rate impacts.

I think last year it was about 4% lapse rate (happy to be corrected). Assuming a 12% increase doubles the lapse rate to 8% that's circa 1.8k not renewing.

Question is how confident are they that they can fill that gap with waiting list. And I suspect they are pretty confident.

If they felt a 20% increase would drive a lapse rate could be replenishes with the waiting list I suspect t they would do it.

It's a balance.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

I think last year it was about 4% lapse rate (happy to be corrected). Assuming a 12% increase doubles the lapse rate to 8% that's circa 1.8k not renewing.

Question is how confident are they that they can fill that gap with waiting list. And I suspect they are pretty confident.

If they felt a 20% increase would drive a lapse rate could be replenishes with the waiting list I suspect t they would do it.

It's a balance.
I'm sure this is correct, but it's also the problem. The decisions are made entirely on the basis on maximising short term revenue.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's a balance.
I’m not sure you can expect the lapse rate and price increase to go up in a totally balanced way though. Eventually there is a tipping point where a lot of people will bail at the same time.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of people do. I don't. I pay £10 a month sim only and have become inventive with how I receive premium TV content. That's how I can afford my ST.
There's some truth here too. Purely anecdotal but I know people who say to me "I don't know how you can afford to go to football every two weeks"

These people smoke, have expensive TV subscriptions and regularly eat takeaways. I don't, I go to football.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham moving over to digital ST'S next season like West Ham /Brighton . Probably others I don't know about. Wonder if we will soon ?

Back
Top Bottom