Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season over in March!

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Start the abuse but we may as well start planning for next year and play some kids.

How worse can they be.

No Desiré out there at all and seemingly clueless.

Fosun need to step up and invest or we will just be like Spurs.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Start the abuse but we may as well start planning for next year and play some kids.

How worse can they be.

Being like Spurs seems alright

Lycaon

Reaction score
Fact! Fosun won’t invest, well not in the way other clubs do, might be a good thing or maybe not?!

Personally, think there’s too much emphasis on bringing young Portuguese lads through the door whilst not looking further afield for a few experienced “hard men” to shore things up in key areas.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fact! Fosun won’t invest, well not in the way other clubs do, might be a good thing or maybe not?!

Personally, think there’s too much emphasis on bringing young Portuguese lads through the door whilst not looking further afield for a few experienced “hard men” to shore things up in key areas.
Considering our latest young Portuguese lad was about the only one to put himself about today perhaps nationality or even age isn’t the issue but desire and type of player is.

We’re too lightweight, across the pitch. Palace were stronger, more powerful and more dominant than us. We have good players, but we’re lightweight and easily bullied.

Last edited:

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun need to step up in the summer or we're having an incredibly tough few years.

Big rebuild definitely needed.
Massive rebuild. Might as well start doing it know and bedding-in the likes of Mosquera, Gomes, Chiquinho, Silva, RAN, Cundle and Fraser. At least then we could console ourselves with the fact the team is so young. They might even score a goal!

Donck, Marcal, Hoever, Raul, Saiss, Hwang, Boly, Mouts...the list of players who need shifting is extremely long.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive rebuild. Might as well start doing it know and bedding-in the likes of Mosquera, Gomes, Chiquinho, Silva, RAN, Cundle and Fraser. At least then we could console ourselves with the fact the team is so young. They might even score a goal!

Donck, Marcal, Hoever, Raul, Saiss, Hwang, Boly, Mouts...the list of players who need shifting is extremely long.

We have big depth in areas of the pitch where we really shouldn't.

Absolutely stacked at inside forward, but midfield and backwards we're absolute poverty.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering our latest young Portuguese lad was about the only one to put himself about today perhaps nationality or even age isn’t the issue but desire and type of player is.

We’re too light weight, across the pitch. Palace we’re stronger, more powerful and more dominant than us. We have good players, but we’re lightweight and easily bullied.
Unfortunately, the other 7 or 8 were shocking. Podence was like a schoolkid playing against men.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the other 7 or 8 were shocking. Podence was like a schoolkid playing against men.
My point was it’s nowt to do with nationality or age, it’s type of player and desire.

Podence being Portuguese is irrelevant, Podence, like most of the rest of our squad being lightweight is. Not by himself, but when no one around him is strong and powerful either it’s an issue.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point was it’s nowt to do with nationality or age, it’s type of player and desire.

Podence being Portuguese is irrelevant, Podence, like most of the rest of our squad being lightweight is. Not by himself, but when no one around him is strong and powerful either it’s an issue.
I understood your point. Just stating that the other Portuguese were awful as well as the English, Spanish, Moroccan, Mexcian, Brazilian and South Korean.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Just wish we could move away from the 'project,' if only for a couple of more physical & PL experienced heads to come into the fold. There is a core of young potential, who may yield success eventually. They should be utilised for the remainder of this season. Given my pre-season relegation concerns, I am not in the pits of despondency. We all dreamt when Top 4 (on paper anyways) seemed a possibility. But realism soon bites. Ok, pains me to see Vile tear an @rsehole out of S'ton - but the Saints have been like a genuine Top 4/6 outfit this last few weeks. Outside City, L'pool & Chelski, there is much of a much-ness. Bruno definitely got the last games wrong. Slight worry I must admit. Also the fact that the opposition have worked us out - press high against the defence.

Lycaon

Reaction score

We’re too lightweight, across the pitch. Palace were stronger, more powerful and more dominant than us. We have good players, but we’re lightweight and easily bullied.
This is true, but unfortunately we can’t rely on one player, as you say showing a bit of desire to affect the final result.

Sadly, we’ll have the reputation of just bringing players on only to “flip” them at a later date for profit?

Put it this way, if Neves wears a Wolves shirt at the start of next season I’ll be mightily surprised!?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is true, but unfortunately we can’t rely on one player, as you say showing a bit of desire to affect the final result.

Sadly, we’ll have the reputation of just bringing players on only to “flip” them at a later date for profit?

Put it this way, if Neves wears a Wolves shirt at the start of next season I’ll be mightily surprised!?
Neves is gone. He knows it, Bruno knows it, the rest of the players know it. Hopefully its Barca or Juventus and not somewhere else in Premier League.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m not sure players moving on affects our reputation too much as we haven’t been that much of a conveyor belt to-date.

Our issue to me is we were a team well setup to defend deep and spring a counter but we’re moving away from that, Traore has gone and we’ve currently got no real identity as we’re between two ideas.

More work is needed in the summer to adapt the squad in to one that can play how Bruno wants them to.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves is gone. He knows it, Bruno knows it, the rest of the players know it. Hopefully its Barca or Juventus and not somewhere else in Premier League.
It's amazing how distractions can affect a football player? I suppose it's the cliched 'head's gone' syndrome. Neves today was a shell of the player he has been; he's on a beach near Barcelona now. And Kilman, with his country in turmoil, was again not ready for this game. he needs resting and bring Boly in.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's amazing how distractions can affect a football player? I suppose it's the cliched 'head's gone' syndrome. Neves today was a shell of the player he has been; he's on a beach near Barcelona now. And Kilman, with his country in turmoil, was again not ready for this game. he needs resting and bring Boly in.
I agree that Kilman needs a rest. Only concern is Boly has always looked better on the left than his natural right.

Mosquera looked shaky in the U23 game so he isn't ready.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've stalled like a Russian convoy in the Ukrainian mud.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don't think anyone could believe we were thinking about Europa never mind CL the way we've played this season. Now we know those that did were just kidding themselves. We've done well to get enough points on the board not to worry. I can't see Neves staying and without him we have nothing but well organised but average defenders playing miles away from a disjointed powderpuff attack. I'd struggle to remember 9 days when our hopes evaporated so quickly.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The season is far from over. Its all about staying ahead of the Villa to avoid the fickle fans turning nasty. We have a few winnable games before they show up, I really hope we get some points on the board, I don't want to see them go ahead of us that day.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fear you're probably right, which is a bummer, as the daughter had the 3rd kit with Neves' name and number on it, on her birthday list...and I just bought it!!! FFS!!!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester. But we were fortunate in that one.

Missing his and Semedo’s running power massively.
Our lack of attacking ability is when we have abject wingbacks, semedo and ait nouri are so critical to our play and its scary to see how poor we are when you then see marcel and hoever playing....

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The season is far Fromelles over, there are still plenty of games to play, and I think if Wolves finish 8th. it will be higher than most of us thought back in August. Yes we are on a bad run at the moment, but the sign of a good side is how they react to adversity.

One question. Everyone seems to be saying Neves is leaving in the summer. Where has that come from? I don't recall either the club or the player saying this is his last season at Molineux.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The many fans of Private Fraser on here.
At this stage in his development he must be wanting european football. He's stuck around hoping it would be with us but there's no chance of that this season so I think he will be off in the summer.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At this stage in his development he must be wanting european football. He's stuck around hoping it would be with us but there's no chance of that this season so I think he will be off in the summer.
Not sure how long his contract is, but at least we'll get a half-decent fee for him (hopefully!)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, fancy buying a player who helps you to your best seasons for 50 years, just to flip him a mere 5 years later. Terrible business. Will be forever rooted in the Championship mid table running a club like that. No, the sensible approach is to buy ageing players and keep them until they can barely run, then sell them at a huge loss. You know, like we did in the 1990s and well into the 2000's.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an embarrassing thread

We are in march and more than comfortable in the top half
A fantastic effort considering some thought Bruno would be sacked by the first international break

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an embarrassing thread

We are in march and more than comfortable in the top half
A fantastic effort considering some thought Bruno would be sacked by the first international break
I think many said on here, me included, he'd last far longer than Nuno at Spurs. The question for me is whether he will get the support he needs in the summer to refresh/rebuild the side in his likeness. You could see his frustration on the side-line yesterday and his comments after the game indicated that perhaps all is not so great in the dressing room. He is obviously an ambitious manager, a studious tactician but he needs the players to be able to carry out his instructions. If he doesn't get the support from Fosun in the summer will he stick around?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to win Thursday we drop points again then forget it will be amazed if we reach over 52 points

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watford will be organised under Hodgson, certainly no pushovers, but if you have aspirations of europe we simply have to win these games, especially to right the last 3 wrongs. Season certainly not over, 5 points behind with a game in hand. Keep the pressure up with a win on thursday. when its 7 or 8 points behind and played the same then you can say been a good season now time to play a few youngsters. But until then keep fighting, would argue we have better run in but need to be ahead before the last few games of the season with Chelsea and Liverpool away.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How worse can they be.

As if being like spurs would be the end of the World. You are completely detached from reality, hardly deserving of a reply.

You're now on my own personal pre-mod before deciding to add you to my ignore list or not.

Back
Top Bottom