Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season 2021/22 Premier League Payments

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
The Facility payment is an interesting one. TBH we were that boring I can't grumble that we were shown 7 times less than Everton, 6 less than Newcastle, 5 less than Leeds and Villa.

At £1m per game and nearly £2m a place that's something we need to address. On top of that, not getting a Europa League spot that was up for grabs (c£5m), our end of season run has been an expensive one.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes the January transfer window all the more baffling - expenditure that would have more than paid for itself as we consolidated a European slot.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically the Norwich game was a £6m play off game and we bottled it. To put that into context to Shi

W maybe if he had told the players they all got £100k for winning it, told the fans raise the roof off the place abs no season ticket increases, and we had won (instead of it being like a pre season friendly) the club would still be £2m better off!!

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's also the cost of missing out of playing in Europe next season. In our season in the Europa League we earned around 22 million just from prize winnings from UEFA, let alone the additional ticket revenue and no doubt greater commercial revenues from the added exposure the club received.

The way we mismanaged the transfer window in January has had significant financial consequences (not least setting 13 million on fire in some sort of KLF-inspired stunt to generate internet views in Korea by needlessly committing to buy Hwang, while not managing to press a single peseta out of the Nou Camp paupers for Traore).

The club really has some nerve to raise ticket prices in light of their own financial fumbling, especially in a cost of living crisis, but the almost comical videos last summer already displayed the brassneck that they possess, so it was little surprise.

Last edited:

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's on Shi.

Disastrous leadership in January with a string of poor decisions.

Only the failure to develop the ground more serious mistake.

We still don't know the full impact.

May have also exposed Bruno to precisely those pressures he could not handle.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely horrednous decision making by the club yet us fans are the ones to pay increased season ticket prices

Absolutely stinks

Get Jeff shi, vinny Clarke, Scott sellers out of our club ASAP

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the place we were at it does seem infuriating at we in effect lost the best part of £5m we the end of season collapse.

But to play devils advocate just what could the club have done that would have guaranteed 8th?

There is an argument keeping Adama in January might have been enough to keep in 8th, but you have to contrast that with the potential money there were due to get (if Barcelona took up the 'deal'). OK it looks like that particular gamble hasn't worked, but I do wonder if any of us were in the same position as Jeff in January we would have taken a different decision? Especially when we were in possession of all the facts.

I refuse to believe they are stupid people running the club, some decisions only appear sensible when you know all the facts. I know right now it looks like the Adama 'deal' didn't work. But until we see how it plays out in the summer it's hard to really comment. Maybe Adama will see us right because we gave him the opportunity to rejoin his boyhood club. It might be a one year extension or a commitment to only join a club paying a fair price.

Maybe I am being nieve, but we did go out of our way to help him achieve his dream.

As for signing a player in January that could have kept us that extra £5m it would have been incredibly difficult and expensive. Even if you could find a player on a free anyone capable of making a difference would have wanted £5m in salary so we wouldn't have been any better off.

I just can't get past the manager being the root of the problem. I never call for anyone to be sacked (apart from Dean Saunders) but Bruno has the touch of the Saunders about him for me. I listen to what he says and it makes very little sense to me.

It probably needs a new thread and some extensive research to prove this point, but I do think we are in much better position as a club in regards strength in depth.

MGW, Sanderson, Giles, Bola, Cundle, Chinqiho, Ronan, Corbeanu, Sarkic, Campbell, and even Hodge all look capable squad players. There is the making of a comptative championship team there. I know it's a year or two early for those to make an impact in the prem (with the exception of MGW) but at the very least there is some funds to recover in that lot.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But at least we can rest easy that we didn't bankrupt the club just to move up a place or two in the league. Financial savvy, innit.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean you can blame Shi, but it was the players that didn't turn up for the last 10 games of the season.

I was at that Norwich game and that team had been pummeled for weeks and then also after. We got what we deserve for alot of crap performances.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean you can blame Shi, but it was the players that didn't turn up for the last 10 games of the season.

I was at that Norwich game and that team had been pummeled for weeks and then also after. We got what we deserve for alot of crap performances.

Bruno playing 5 at the back against a relegated side with a -56 goal difference didn’t help either.

Back
Top Bottom