Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Science Park parking.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Since the ring n ride car park has become a charging car park ive notoced the arrival of multiple very large blue trailers lining the side street along the science park that leads to the stafford road. A lot of people park here for free and walk into town. Today i arrived a bit early and waiting in my car to pass some time. I noticed the same guy driving a truck and pulling in new trailers and parking them along that road. He'd dump the trailer and about 10 mins later come with a new one.

Me thinks the council are doing this to minimise the space and force people to use the charged car parks. The parking around there is horrendous, but it was useful for keeping cars out of the town, and people would walk up.... seems underhanded to me.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Since the ring n ride car park has become a charging car park ive notoced the arrival of multiple very large blue trailers lining the side street along the science park that leads to the stafford road. A lot of people park here for free and walk into town. Today i arrived a bit early and waiting in my car to pass some time. I noticed the same guy driving a truck and pulling in new trailers and parking them along that road. He'd dump the trailer and about 10 mins later come with a new one.

Me thinks the council are doing this to minimise the space and force people to use the charged car parks. The parking around there is horrendous, but it was useful for keeping cars out of the town, and people would walk up.... seems underhanded to me.

Underhand, but horribly typical. Gone are the days when car park income was for car park maintenance and extending capacity. It has been a huge income generator for many councils for two or three decades. Where I used to live the district levied hefty payments 24/7 365 days of the year, and the county council operated a vicious Residents Only policy with desperately keen Traffic Wardens (or whatever they are called ....). Dislike 'em with a passion.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
That's disgusting if true, the bloody park and ride is always full anyway so they aren't even gaining anything.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Now we're established premier league (touch wood), everyone wants a piece of the cake, squeezing out every extra penny they can...

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They were L & J Packaging limited lorries.

Suggest we all go on google and help their rating review.
They were there for united game doing the same thing. Its all very suspicious, watching the same dude drive back and forth with a new trailer... on a Sunday too... something doesn't seem right. I bet Thursday night theyll be all lined down that road!

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone on here park near their business address on a match day? Just thinking if they do match day parking there then it makes good snidey sense to move trailers to the area where there's free parking.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone on here park near their business address on a match day? Just thinking if they do match day parking there then it makes good snidey sense to move trailers to the area where there's free parking.
Thats a good point. They are behind screwfix down foxs lane?

Ive left a review on google, i urge anyone who uses science park to do the same.

Its causing people to leave there cars on grass verges and pavements causing obstructions.

Yes... it would be a shame if something was to happen to the trailers parked down there....

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As ive previously posted this season, The Clarendon/ Marstons brewery in Chapel Ash is now closed to non employees. There was someone stopping cars going in. So Marstons are paying someone to not use an empty carpark. Madness and rubbish PR.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can park in Town for £1 after 5.30pm on Thursday.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Had a look on google maps. This is definitely them, about 10 trailers, they even put that grey loader down there yesterday. They have a lot of space so no need to do it, its clearly a scam of some sort, is this the space they make for a carpark for matchdays. Screenshot_20190826-110348_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190826-110403_Chrome.jpg

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With parking being at a premium more so than ever, especially that side of town, it’s a shame to read what a locally owned company sounds to be doing. Hopefully, the issue being highlighted on here results in it stopping.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A number of cars in the Science Park area got parking tickets yesterday. They seemed to have been given a little randomly - some cars on pavement areas got them, others parked in a way that caused more obstruction, did not. All those on the grass verge got tickets despite not obstructing anyone. Clearly a money-making policy and I'm sure the presence of trailers is not a coincidence.

Wombourne Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Parked up at the Science Park (Coxall Avenue) around 11am as we went to WV1fest before the game, the trailers were nowhere insight and both sides of the street were virtually empty.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

L&J Packaging Depot - it's the new stake out a la Compton Tree/ASDA. Brilliant! :D

One of the lorries has DENNIS on the front........

.......Bergkamp?

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To add to the match day parking problem, Cambridge street parking is severely restricted since the introduction of double yellow lines. Why have they done this after years of match day parking in this area?.

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To add to the match day parking problem, Cambridge street parking is severely restricted since the introduction of double yellow lines. Why have they done this after years of match day parking in this area?.
Pushing the parking further & further away
Only going to be worse

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always park on Sainsburys now. 3 hours is plenty for me as I don’t go into town

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I guess it worked people!

No trailers or trucks today! Unless its because its a weekday, we'll see when its a weekend game.

Back
Top Bottom