Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Say something nice about the baggies

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My dad went to see west brom when he was a lad, he doesn’t support a team though. He said blokes would get their dicks out on the terrace and just urinate there and then.
Happened at Molineux too. I remember streams of pee running down the old terraces.... Don't even mention the original Wembley either.....

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The late Bobby Hope was one of the finest midfielders of his day. I used to live near to him and often saw him out walking. Bobby was a lovely, friendly and generous person, and he wasn’t too bad at football.
Indeed, was a great player.

Jeff Astle's a hero in Brazil.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Years ago (about 1997) I nearly employed one, he sailed through the interview and we got on great until the last question.. ‘You live quite close to Sandwell Valley, who’s your team?’
He proudly said he was a STH at The ****. Interview terminated. My secretary had to explain I was deadly serious and had to assist him and his gobsmacked tears out of the building.
I would never get away with it these days - but my ‘nice’ thing is I did consider employing him.

Last edited:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interesting article that tries to explain football rivalry. If you can read past the psychological stuff it suggests it's about community, us v them.

I would suggest the reason the older mixers hold strong views about the Albion is that they were close to being equals, whereas today they are nowhere near our level. As a result, we are developing more of a rivalry with Villa. Just a thought.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Living in Stafford I only know one Baggie fan who is a fine fellow. Now lives on Skye and times his visits to see his parents when they have back to back home games. Undoubtedly the rest of their fans are ****s.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interesting article that tries to explain football rivalry. If you can read past the psychological stuff it suggests it's about community, us v them.

I would suggest the reason the older mixers hold strong views about the Albion is that they were close to being equals, whereas today they are nowhere near our level. As a result, we are developing more of a rivalry with Villa. Just a thought.
Football is just tribal,harking back to our ancestors
WBA are our closest rivals so we hate each other
Theres some truth in the fact that we were on the same levels for many years so that sharpened the senses somewhat
As for Villa i dont think theres much in that as we have never really seen them as locals, so have no affinity with them at all apart from them being in the same division, much the same as Forest no love lost, but no hate as such either
WBA will always be the main rivalry no matter what division we are both in its just ingrained with both sets of fans

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

My loathing was set in stone the night of the Billy Wright chants. Their delusions of a Brazil-type style of footballing heritage (despite them only being a Warnock away from a full set of footballing dinosaur managers), their insistence on comparing their Poundland versions to our players (Taylor < Bull, Hughes < Keane etc), their lack of comprehension that West Bromwich is also historically in Staffordshire, their strange relationship with Walsall, their lazy theft of dingles as a derogatory nickname (it actually has relevance for Burnley) and many other things further etched my contempt deeper.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My loathing was set in stone the night of the Billy Wright chants. Their delusions of a Brazil-type style of footballing heritage (despite them only being a Warnock away from a full set of footballing dinosaur managers), their insistence on comparing their Poundland versions to our players (Taylor < Bull, Hughes < Keane etc), their lack of comprehension that West Bromwich is also historically in Staffordshire, their strange relationship with Walsall, their lazy theft of dingles as a derogatory nickname (it actually has relevance for Burnley) and many other things further etched my contempt deeper.
Me and my dad was in the old rainbow stand, for the match when Darren Bradley scored the winner for them.
Unless my memory is playing tricks on me I’m pretty sure Bob Taylor missed that match, but in the second half Bully also went off injured. Numpty Albion fans infront of us were discussing, deadly seriously, how that now evened things up as Taylor and Bully were the same level.

Even over 30 years on, I can still picture them talking now. Absolute imbeciles. Only time I have ever sat in the away end for this fixture, never ever again. My dad celebrated Bully’s opener too. Thinking back, he must have been a ****in psycho back in the day taking me in there with him.

Woody

Groupie
Reaction score
They love their family.
Like, really, love their family.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There bunch of six fingered Tesco carrier bag wearing neanderthals and trust me that’s complimentary in comparison of what I could say. Haha.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don't have the confusion when it comes to birthdays of whether they buy the card with fiancé or fiancée on.... just buy the one that says sister!!! ;)

Kennedy

Reaction score
My dad went to see west brom when he was a lad, he doesn’t support a team though. He said blokes would get their dicks out on the terrace and just urinate there and then.
I've been told that too!

Kennedy

Reaction score

Very true.

Kennedy

Reaction score
I play football with some Albion STH and they are lovely people and know their football.

I've got another Albion mate who knows his football except for when it comes to us. Won't give us ANY credit.

Neves is crap, Raul was crap, Nuno was crap. E is still saying we are going down....

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are so many of them that have decided not to make Sandwell their home. Good idea. It’s one of the most rat infested sewers of a ****e-hole that has ever been inflicted on this green and pleasant land.

loppers86

Reaction score
i don’t mind them. they’re a plucky little team like walsall, a bit better than stourbridge.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nice about the Baggies?
Might have a better chance of splitting an atom with bare teeth.

Back
Top Bottom