Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saunders in League 1

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time since I've been on. A combination of being busy and disheartened.

I have an awful feeling that Morgan will use Doncaster's promotion as reasoning to keep Dean Saunders on. So I have just accepted that he will be our manager next season. I saw an article in the Daily Mail, link below, from Brentfords keeper talking about the season decider against Donny. It worried me to see that it looks like with Saunders here we will turn into Stoke city. Kyle Bennet is also a family friend and he has spoken to me alot about Saunders, lets just say the sooner he is away from our club the better. Its a big worry because next year im sure alot of the younger players will be in the team, which is a good thing, however if we play this" hoof ball" style it could ruin them.

The only positive I can see for next season is that it could be a chance to really start to implement a new "passing style", especially with the younger players.

For this I really think we should look at Brentford's manager Uwe Rosler. He has got a young Brentford team playing good effective and attractive football. I know people will say that his record was worst than Stale's before, however he has come to England and worked and had success with British players.

Just another bit of information, I cannot be too specific because it would be very easy to trace. My father was invited by a director of another club when wolves played their to sit in the directors box and have dinner. He got talking to a Wolves board member who our family have some links with. Anyway he informed my father that Steve Morgan has already been in the dressing room during Dean Saunders reign.

Link to article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...fers-beat-Brentford-final-promotion-push.html

Last edited by a moderator:
A

andyc225

The last thing I'd want is Saunders to stay on for even a second after 3pm on Saturday.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
[QUOTE

Just another bit of information, I cannot be too specific because it would be very easy to trace. My father was invited by a director of another club when wolves played their to sit in the directors box and have dinner. He got talking to a Wolves board member who our family have some links with. Anyway he informed my father that Steve Morgan has already been in the dressing room during Steve Saunders reign.

You are the third poster to come out with this info about Morgan playing an active role on the playing side, so hard though it is to believe, it looks like it might be true.

The unthinking arrogance of the man is breathtaking, but I suppose after all that has happened we shouldnt really be surprised any longer.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"League 1" is enough to make me ill. "League 1 and with Dean Saunders" makes me just want to end it all.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is happy if Morgan has been in the changing room ? He is the club owner, and regardless of his, or the managers failings, this group of players should have been good enough to do far better in this league. If he gave them a right rollicking, then fine by me.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Certainly share the thought that Saunders will probably stay despite everything, can't see why else they wheeled Bully out to soften us up for this idea (don't think anyone takes what he says about the club seriously any more though).

Obviously a chairman going into the dressing room is not a mistake per se. It could have been well done after Hull for example. Is this naive?

AndyP

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Uwe Rosler is a good shout. know's the division and plays good football

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is happy if Morgan has been in the changing room ? He is the club owner, and regardless of his, or the managers failings, this group of players should have been good enough to do far better in this league. If he gave them a right rollicking, then fine by me.

Agreed. He is being accused of not caring at the moment, knowing he has gave them a $$$$$$$ing would clearly show he does.

C

Ches

Yep, I've got a mate that's a Donny fan and he was chuffed when he left - said the team picked up points under him but played awful football - basically staying solid and pumping the ball forward and hoping someone would pull something out of the bag and snatch a win.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im sure Morgan does care, he just makes terrible, rash decisions. Blackburn with everything their owners have done over the past year or so have finished above us ffs!

Even though it worries me that Saunders will be in charge in div 1, we've had so many managers over the past 12 months that maybe sacking yet another isn't the answer, I'm not sure. If we could get a decent manager not chosen by SM, then I would say bye to Saunders.

D

Deleted member 3518

Feeling really down at the moment about all things Wolves but know deep down that come August I'll be at first game of the season, the only thing that will change that is if this clueless idiot is still manager! Simple equation for me, irrespective of any other changes made, Saunders in then me out:embarassed:.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Uwe Rosler is a good shout. know's the division and plays good football

I think its a good opportunity as hopefully just on individual ability we could be around the play - offs in league one, then over the season as we gel as a team we could start pushing higher.

Of course I thought we would do the same this season.....

F

Floydstreet

Right - if you wanted a manager who has been successful in div one, Saunders would feature

However, if you wanted a manager with strong championship record, you wouldn't go near Saunders. And that would have been true before he joined us.

Just makes the decision look even odder when you consider this

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong, but I had always thought this was one of professional football¨s no go areas, for directors to talk directly to the players. I can imagine an Abramovich getting away with it, but where Morgan is concerned I can see only disaster and embarrassment

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong, but I had always thought this was one of professional football¨s no go areas, for directors to talk directly to the players. I can imagine an Abramovich getting away with it, but where Morgan is concerned I can see only disaster and embarrassment

I agree with you Joe. Morgan going in V Liverpool effectively made Mick's reign untenable.

D

Deleted member 4099

[QUOTE

Just another bit of information, I cannot be too specific because it would be very easy to trace. My father was invited by a director of another club when wolves played their to sit in the directors box and have dinner. He got talking to a Wolves board member who our family have some links with. Anyway he informed my father that Steve Morgan has already been in the dressing room during Steve Saunders reign.

You are the third poster to come out with this info about Morgan playing an active role on the playing side, so hard though it is to believe, it looks like it might be true.

The unthinking arrogance of the man is breathtaking, but I suppose after all that has happened we shouldnt really be surprised any longer.

Mmmmmm told you so.

A

Apocalypse Now

He gave them a rollicking after the defeat to Liverpool last season? And what was the outcome? What did it achieve?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Greg Asbury asked what the long-term vision was and enquired: “Does Kevin Thelwell’s job cover (manager) appointments? Jez replied: “We will address those issues once the season has finished we have to focus on winning the next two matches. Kevin is new into his role but is very good and will be helping on all sort of football issues.†Jez approved of Tom Bason’s suggestion that it would be a good idea to have Kevin at a Parliament meeting.
Read more at http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/fans-parliament-minutes-250413-792150.aspx#LpW6VvCTGiYGdmS6.99

This gives me some hope.

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Link to article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...fers-beat-Brentford-final-promotion-push.html

Did you ask him what club Steve Saunders manages

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did ask on my Donny thread what sort of football they played under DS - I am concerned that DS's credentials for getting us up with a new-built side look good based on his efforts in S Yorkshire and may swing SM to keep him on. Against this he's proved he's $$$$ at 2nd tier level and he plays in the MM way, which is what SM wanted to get away from 12 months ago?
For a million reasons I wouldn't want to be in SM's shoes right now, but if I had to stake my life on it I reckon he'll wimp out of risking making another bad decision and hang on to DS and pray he can get us up - even if the football is crap? I think this is a shame because if we are going with youth let's get someone in who can build a young team together and get them playing in the right way. I do think the fans will get behind a new manager who is trying to do the right things with our youngsters, esp so as RJ, JOH, KH and the rest of the $$$$ers will be playing somewhere else!

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is....

Wolfion

Reaction score
I actually feel for Morgan. He is obviously a good businessman who is over his head in the football world. I honestly feel that he does have the club at heart, but he has not received good football advice from those around him causing him to make a string of bad decisions which have put us in this position. Who convinced him that building the stadium to a potential capacity of 45-50 thousand was ever a good idea should be shot.

He now has some massive decisions to make once the season is over. Surely as a football fan, growing us watching Liverpool of all things, he should be able to see that the performances and tactics on show are not good enough in this day and age in any league.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Yep, I've got a mate that's a Donny fan and he was chuffed when he left - said the team picked up points under him but played awful football - basically staying solid and pumping the ball forward and hoping someone would pull something out of the bag and snatch a win.

If Dean Saunders stays, and Wolves play like that, then we'll be staying in League 1. Especially if the better players leave like Sako.

I've never managed a football team but even I could just about manage to instruct a team to hoof the ball forward and hope for the best...

Are that any successful or half successful teams around playing the Wolves way?

oldsamdingle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
iv'e bin ta bed 4 time since saturday and still saunders has'nt bin sacked,why the $$$$ not:mad::mad::mad:

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right - if you wanted a manager who has been successful in div one, Saunders would feature

However, if you wanted a manager with strong championship record, you wouldn't go near Saunders. And that would have been true before he joined us.

Just makes the decision look even odder when you consider this

Saunders got Doncaster in the top two but I wouldn't class it as successful as he never finished the campaign. He got Wrexham up near the top but didn't achieve anything there either.

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
iv'e bin ta bed 4 time since saturday and still saunders has'nt bin sacked,why the $$$$ not:mad::mad::mad:
Love that expression, sir. You are a writer or a poet!

cheers!...

(answer? umm, maybe because there's still a game left, no idea here)
[also: not commenting on the opinion itself either way; just liked the poetry!]

A

andyc225

Hopefully Morgan can find him a position as a hod carrier. I feel that job would be more suited to Dean's abilities than the manager's job at Wolves.

S

Swansea Wolves

Saunders has to go. It is a no brainer. Hang on......

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like what I'm reading and hearing about Steve Davis.

I know a fair bit about Steve, he's an excellent coach, man manager and isn't afraid to try something new, one of the first things he did at Crewe was to introduce Yoga into the training schedule to improve player flexibility. He's managed to halt the slide at Crewe and turn around the clubs fortunes, before his arrival there was a real possibility that Crewe could slip further down the footballing ladder, now they've followed up promotion from League 2 with a comfortable mid-table finish and a JPT win. I believe he also turned down an approach from Burnley to stick with the Alex too.

The worry for me would be whether he'd be able to transfer his success from a relatively provincial side with an already well established culture of bringing youth through the ranks. In addition to that he also had a mentor in Dario Gradi, who as we all know pretty much single handedly turned Crewe from a bog standard 4th division side to a club that has produced many talented footballers.

Let's not underestimate the task at Wolves, can somebody that has been successful at a club like Crewe handle the pressure at a club like Wolves. It's going to take a lot more than a good and innovative coach to turn around the fortunes at our club. Walking out on a place like Crewe and turning up at our shambles and being expected to reproduce the same kind of success is a tough ask.

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dean Saunders on Gorkss:

Saunders added: “He is better than that but I haven’t had a chat with him yet because we have still got a chance.

“He’ll have his fingers crossed more than anybody that we can do something because he likes it here"

:afraid:

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What really concerns me is that Saunders is quoted in the papers today as saying that after the last game of the season, he, Morgan, and Moxey will sit down and formulate a plan to make Wolves great again. Going on the recent track record of two of these, does that staement really fill you with hope and optimism? These kind of simplistic platitudes are the kind of thing that really get up supporters noses as they obviously assume that the majority are guillable idiots. We need a fresh approach IMO. If I were Morgan, I would get rid of Moxey and get in an experienced football man at board/Technichal director level to advise me on where we should go from here, and listen to his advice regarding who should be manager for next season. The present regime is an abject failure, and I don't see why it should suddenly come up with a recipe for success now.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this $$$$ is still manager I am very tempted to not attend molineux next year, even if I have renewed my ST.

It is a $$$$ing disgrace to reward failure in this way

Back
Top Bottom