Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saunders in Birmingham mail

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saunders in Birmingham mail

Was it one of those offers where you pick up a Dean saunders at WHSmiths?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Having listened to an articulate Norwegian for half a season (and yes I know the lacking should be done on he pitch) I find it very difficult to read anything Deano has to say and remain interested.

I listened to his post match interview on the Football League Show he had nothing to say.

Sent from my brain using some software or other...

T

Tettenhall Wolf

“There are players being released from clubs, players who can’t get into Premier League teams who become available - some are on £50,000 a week, some on £60,000 and some on £25,000 a week.

Some of the comments are really pretty daft when you re-read them.

Surely if players are released, they are on nothing?

Also PL players that become available on loan, yes some are on £50k, £60k or £25k, but I'm sure there are also plenty on £5k-£20 PL too.

Tomorrows chip paper quotes.

E

Essex Wolf

Sad to say but Saunders is fast turning into another Connor and I fear he will be just another Morgan/Moxey cheap and cheerful option.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to say but Saunders is fast turning into another Connor and I fear he will be just another Morgan/Moxey cheap and cheerful option.

Turning into? this bloke is worse than Solbakken, that's for sure....joker, should never have been appointed.... he'll be gone without winning a game

E

Essex Wolf

Turning into? this bloke is worse than Solbakken, that's for sure....joker, should never have been appointed.... he'll be gone without winning a game

I fear you may well be right RW, re not winning a game that is and if so he deserves to go.

Most annoying thing is the amount of money that has been wasted on taking on sub standard managers, likely cost more than just getting the right one from the outset.

I'm more than prepared to give DS a chance but already the waffle and BS he is now already trotting out has $$$$ed me off. Just do the bloody job and STFU spouting drivel about what you should be doing.

He was another easy cheap option and for me the longer Morgan stays the more damage he does.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sad to say mick is still the best manager for our set up, ie looking for triers not quality, even the signings were looking at wont come for what we are offering them.i believe stale could have been the long term answer given time to sign his players. as it is we have a decent coach in charge as we did in connor last year. short term planning is such that were still going down quickly.

E

Essex Wolf

sad to say mick is still the best manager for our set up, ie looking for triers not quality, even the signings were looking at wont come for what we are offering them.i believe stale could have been the long term answer given time to sign his players. as it is we have a decent coach in charge as we did in connor last year. short term planning is such that were still going down quickly.

Certainly looks that way right now but this is another major $$$$ up by Morgan. The whole timing of MM's sacking was wrong and he then wanted a total change but when he got it he failed to give it time albeit from my POV it was another wrong decision to start with.

Upon sacking Stale Morgan again makes another mistake and is clueless.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
would you be happy with half decent coach then? which ever way you look at it were only shopping in the bargain shops for staff.

E

Essex Wolf

Agree wallace re bargain shopping but didn't Moxey and/or Morgan indicate Wolves didn't have to sell their better players but none the less still did so. Didn't Morgan say money would be diverted from other projects for players.

More bloody lies.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not really worth quoting what they say essex, its all dodgy salesman chat from those two.

E

Essex Wolf

not really worth quoting what they say essex, its all dodgy salesman chat from those two.

Oh spot on mate, I wouldn't trust Steve Morgan and Jez Moxey if they told me thay were Steve Morgan and Jez Moxey.

Mind you if they said they were totally devoid of ideas, commitment to the cause and wanted to bring about the demise of the club I might believe it because boy oh boy they are doing one hell of a job in destroying it.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:
P

procrastination wolf

Having listened to an articulate Norwegian for half a season (and yes I know the lacking should be done on he pitch) I find it very difficult to read anything Deano has to say and remain interested.

I listened to his post match interview on the Football League Show he had nothing to say.

Sent from my brain using some software or other...

Just because he wore a scarf and could speak a few different languages doesn't hide the fact he was a god awful football manager.

Dean's certainly not the brightest but the stuff he comes out with isnt far away from the cliche riddled guff that Solbakken spouted for 6 months.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saunders in Birmingham jail

Sometimes when you look at a line of text, your brain automatically makes a subtle change.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least he tels the players not to go to McDonald's and that he can beat them in a fight. Real talent.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“There are players being released from clubs, players who can’t get into Premier League teams who become available - some are on £50,000 a week, some on £60,000 and some on £25,000 a week.

Some of the comments are really pretty daft when you re-read them.

Surely if players are released, they are on nothing?

Also PL players that become available on loan, yes some are on £50k, £60k or £25k, but I'm sure there are also plenty on £5k-£20 PL too.

Tomorrows chip paper quotes.

Don't think it's that hard to understand really, just take it how you read it. He obviously means being released at the end of the season, we are not going to attract the players on 50k or 60k, and are the players on 25k any better than why we already have??

C

crasm98

Everything is too commercial and that's where the money is going

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“There are players being released from clubs, players who can’t get into Premier League teams who become available - some are on £50,000 a week, some on £60,000 and some on £25,000 a week."

Yes. And the parent club in a loan can quite reasonably be expected to front the majority of the wage. It happens all the time. Please don't talk to us like imbeciles.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. And the parent club in a loan can quite reasonably be expected to front the majority of the wage. It happens all the time. Please don't talk to us like imbeciles.

Not always and they mostly expect a loan fee as well.

F

FLEET WOLF

Whether Mick would have got more out of the current squad than SS and DS is not clear. I suspect he would have done.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether Super Mick would have got more out of this group of players is debatable, a debate that pretty much every thread descends into eventually, usually ending up in a cyber-brawl between two of Molineux Mix's resident keyboard warriors.

Dean Saunders is our manager now, there's not a lot we can do about it. He doesn't come across as the most media savvy but then in his previous tenures at Wrexham and Doncaster he probably didn't have as much focus on the words that come out of his mouth.

To be honest I haven't got a problem with what he's trying to say, he seems to be trying to encourage the players whilst also trying to instill a little bit of discipline; however it seems like he doesn't really believe what's coming out of his mouth, I imagine he practices his interviews in the car on the way to training.

Just pick the best team you have available Dean, that's the best team you have based on what you see on the training ground day in day out and what you have seen in the games you have been in charge of. Don't pick a team based on whether they are a big name or how much they get paid.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just pick the best team you have available Dean, that's the best team you have based on what you see on the training ground day in day out and what you have seen in the games you have been in charge of. Don't pick a team based on whether they are a big name or how much they get paid.

He says himself he does not know what his best team is!

P

penn wanderer

Mick had gone stale and the players were bored of hearing his voice. He would of been no better this season unless he dissmantled the squad.

Once they get used to his voice and tea cup throwing the wheels come off. Should of been sacked the day after blackburn at home 3-2 defeat and bought in mon or curbs.

F

FLEET WOLF

Mick had gone stale and the players were bored of hearing his voice. He would of been no better this season unless he dissmantled the squad.

Once they get used to his voice and tea cup throwing the wheels come off. Should of been sacked the day after blackburn at home 3-2 defeat and bought in mon or curbs.

I don't necessarily disagree that MM perhaps should have gone after that game, but it is easy to say in hindsight. I am glad that Curbishley didn't get the job-he is now football history. Mon?

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He says himself he does not know what his best team is!

To be fair the players available don't know what a 'team' is. He probably means he doesn't know what his best ramshackle 11 individual players is.

As a starting point Doyle on the right wing shouldn't be part of his best team!

F

FLEET WOLF

To be fair the players available don't know what a 'team' is. He probably means he doesn't know what his best ramshackle 11 individual players is.

As a starting point Doyle on the right wing shouldn't be part of his best team!

Doyle anywhere shouldn't be part of his best team.

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's the manager and I'll give him a chance but day by day I am getting more and more disillusioned with everyone at this club.

F

FLEET WOLF

He's the manager and I'll give him a chance but day by day I am getting more and more disillusioned with everyone at this club.

Same here, I am still prepared to give DS a chance, but as the weeks go past, my little faith in him will diminsh, although to a large extent, his hands have been tied by the clowns who own and run our club.

Back
Top Bottom