Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
25 mill seems a bit steep for a guy with 1 year left on his contract, and his injury record doesn't inspire confidence
Not heard of him. 6ft 7 in sounds appealing for both boxes, but I have known big lads who shrink when they jump! Some of the best headers of goals were NOT especially tall. It's about being in the right place, getting the right crosses, and timing your jump. Agree he sounds worth a punt (as long as we have scouted him for a while), but his contract surely means a discounted price? Injuries COULD be a problem (not uncommon with very tall lads - knees & ankles) but his main one in recent years has been a shoulder. Hopefully now fully resolved.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Not the type of striker I had thought we needed. With our new midfield I was thinking of someone who could run through on goal from passes coming through the middle.

This signing suggests an aerial assault and from the wings.

I don’t get it !!
Surely having alternative styles is a good idea? Depends on opposition strengths & weaknesses as well as our own. As long as we know when to use which style of play and don't hoof long balls into middle when Podence & Neto there and play it along the ground for this guy.... Hopefully our midfield are bright enough to cope....

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Exactly what we need right now to balance out the squad. Seems to possess a good enough touch to feed off our little Portuguese skilful players. Or as an aerial battering ram when needs be.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Looks like a very handy player indeed, scores with both feet and pretty mobile for such a tall lad, could be the answer to our current problems?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not knowing anything about him I have watched all his YouTube clips - you don't score 24 goals in 58 games in Germany without having something about him.

You can see from his goals that he scores a lot of different types, there were a few nice little finks over the keeper. Obviously lots of headers and a couple of rocket shots. You can see that he can play a bit as well.

I actually think he could be an inspired signing. The chap has only just gone 25,strikers don't hit their peak until 28. He could really develop with the technical quality we have around him.

It's one of those signings that could be transformational if he works out.

I guess the question is, why him and not Ramos? Do they think Ramos is not ready to make an impact in the prem - or he is simply not available (or going somewhere else?)

Maybe they are trying to get him for £15m so they can spend more money elsewhere?

I think he would be unique in prem and well worth a punt at the right price.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not heard of him. 6ft 7 in sounds appealing for both boxes, but I have known big lads who shrink when they jump! Some of the best headers of goals were NOT especially tall. It's about being in the right place, getting the right crosses, and timing your jump. Agree he sounds worth a punt (as long as we have scouted him for a while), but his contract surely means a discounted price? Injuries COULD be a problem (not uncommon with very tall lads - knees & ankles) but his main one in recent years has been a shoulder. Hopefully now fully resolved.
Best header I have seen was Dennis Law. Not tall but very aggressive with an amazing leap.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His stats in the German league are really good, not just as a target man but his pressing etc too. Would be a fantastic signing.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

£25M way to much, but apparently Bayern liked him and seriously considered him.
If you leave it late in the window, prices do go up.
At least he'd be something very different to rest of our attacking players, if we can get him closer to £20M seems reasonable.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Not the type of striker I had thought we needed. With our new midfield I was thinking of someone who could run through on goal from passes coming through the middle.

This signing suggests an aerial assault and from the wings.

I don’t get it !!
I mean we threw in **** loads of crosses against Fulham. I'd have liked more pace but Guedes playing off him could work.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Question for those who may know more about ramos. Is he an out and out striker or is he a forward. Im just wandering if they may be thinking of 2 up front, Ramos and Sasa, or Sasa up top on his own supported by Ramos and guedes.

Basically youd have 4 at the back, with the full backs acting as wing backs offering the width. 3 in midfield with neves protecting the back 4 and nunes rampaging up and down the pitch with moutinho acting as the conduit in the middle.

It all feels very narrow and reliant upon the fullbacks getting up and down the pitch quickly which with jonny and ait nouri is a struggle as ait nouri seems out of puff after 60 minutes and jonny seems to be suffering a bit with his mobility or fitness. Semedo i reckon can do that job though. I seem to remember when bruno came in his system relied heavily on the fullbacks to provide the width with the midfield and forwards more narrow

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Age wise he is perfect, a link between Raul and Silva. We need a balance here, if we go for Ramos we have two inexperienced forwards in same age bracket, which most likely would require a few years to prosper in the inforgiving PL?
Must admit I have no clue about Ramos pedigree, but rarely 21-22 year old forwards are big hitters in PL?

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
offer them a bag of suck and traore.....jobs a goodun !

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting he sees himself as a 10 more than an out and out striker, plays in the hole behind the striker
Very interesting.. imagine a tasty finisher alongside him, feeding of knock downs and through balls.

modenawolf

Reaction score
Fits the profile of the kind of striker I think Bruno wants, a target man with good feet. Adds much needed height at set pieces too.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not our money, just pay it FFS
Sounds good until we are restricted by FFP from buying players further down the line when we desperately need them.

We are not Aston Villa so the rules will apply to us.

On top of that if a club just throws money around it quickly gets a reputation for being a soft touch in negotiations and the price gets increased for every player accordingly. Those who lived through the mid to late 90s as a Wolves fan should be well aware of this already.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's not our money, just pay it FFS
I know. This is the only thing about the fan base that pssis me off. Honestly who gets that upset over ZERO of their own money getting spent.

It’s the equivalent of people who work in retail who will go out their way to save a penny and argue with you for their multi millionaire bosses on minimum wage. I believe they’re called “Jobsworths”

WHO GIVES A FUDGE, ITS NOT YOUR MONEY.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds good until we are restricted by FFP from buying players further down the line when we desperately need them.

We are not Aston Villa so the rules will apply to us.

On top of that if a club just throws money around it quickly gets a reputation for being a soft touch in negotiations and the price gets increased for every player accordingly. Those who lived through the mid to late 90s as a Wolves fan should be well aware of this already.
Still though.. that is the concern of top level executives.. who by now, I am pretty sure, know what we can and can't do.

Does he increase our chances of scoring goals at the moment.. that is the only question I am asking.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, after finally replacing Kenny Hibbitt, we are now, at last, seeking to replace Derek Dougan!!

We could soon be be replicating those heady days of the early 70s…….

Those were the days, my friend….:) :cool:
Richards and Wagstaffe Frank Munro
No chance ;)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting he sees himself as a 10 more than an out and out striker, plays in the hole behind the striker
We don't need a no 10 playing in the hole. We need an old fashioned CF roaming round the penalty spot and who has an instinct for goals. If he's this guy then great.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thank you for your considered and well thought out reply to the idea of signing this guy.
Seems very similar to the guy burnley signed, good record in germany tall good in the air. And we all know how that panned out.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Seems very similar to the guy burnley signed, good record in germany tall good in the air. And we all know how that panned out.
What seems similar about him? He prefers dropping in and playing passes

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What seems similar about him? He prefers dropping in and playing passes
Tall, good scoring record in germany. Its not what we need, we need a cf a no 9 someone actually in the box, we have loads that can drop off link play and play passes. I want someone who will break the net inside the 6 yard box.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Tall, good scoring record in germany. Its not what we need, we need a cf a no 9 someone actually in the box, we have loads that can drop off link play and play passes. I want someone who will break the net inside the 6 yard box.
There are almost no players like that who are any good, unless you get a freak like Haaland.

Back
Top Bottom