Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic & Fabio Silva

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Can't help but feel for the bloke if it's true. As a club we are still well and truly feeling the effects of Scott Sellars, can't remember a single fan who didn't mention his injury record when his signing was announced. This is **** luck but also somewhat predictable.
It's really awful news for Sasa.

Shocker of a transfer window!

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a mess. We should have kept him at Wolves 1) because we didn't have money for another more suited striker anyway and 2) to manage his minutes and rehabilitate him appropriately, which clearly Frankfurt haven't done

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Sussex Wolf (with his daughter's expert knowledge) said when we signed him, the original injury, going down off the ball, no contact, was basically a red flag on his biomechanics.

Really feel for the guy, must be devastating, hopefully the insurers sort him out and he's set for life financially at least.

Yeah, the only hope we had really was that he’d received poor medical care previously, and that we could do better, but seems that’s not the case.

Feel really sorry for him, as he comes across as a really likeable person, and clearly wanted to get fit and fulfil his potential.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, the only hope we had really was that he’d received poor medical care previously, and that we could do better, but seems that’s not the case.

Feel really sorry for him, as he comes across as a really likeable person, and clearly wanted to get fit and fulfil his potential.

It's harsh to judge us on him being injured less than 45 minutes into his debut. All his workload and conditioning would have been done in Germany prior to that.

Once we got him fit, a process which he described as completely different to his previous rehab in Germany, I think the start of this season until his loan (roughly 6 months) was the longest injury free run he's had at any stage during his career to date.

So you could argue that we were doing a better job of managing his workload and providing him with better overall care in order to keep him fit, and that it wasn't until he went back to Germany that his knees gave up again!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's harsh to judge us on him being injured less than 45 minutes into his debut. All his workload and conditioning would have been done in Germany prior to that.

Once we got him fit, a process which he described as completely different to his previous rehab in Germany, I think the start of this season until his loan (roughly 6 months) was the longest injury free run he's had at any stage during his career to date.

So you could argue that we were doing a better job of managing his workload and providing him with better overall care in order to keep him fit, and that it wasn't until he went back to Germany that his knees gave up again!
Staying injury free by not playing really isn't a viable long-term approach though.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Staying injury free by not playing really isn't a viable long-term approach though.
It's noticeable that he played more minutes in 5 weeks on loan than in 5 months with us this season. Then again injured 11 minutes into a game, suspect it was only ever a matter of time, he surely won't have lost the conditioning he got in his Wolves rehab.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a mess. We should have kept him at Wolves 1) because we didn't have money for another more suited striker anyway and 2) to manage his minutes and rehabilitate him appropriately, which clearly Frankfurt haven't done
i disagree. Politely. he was very vulnerable. he is massively ungainly and his legs arent built for football. its not frankfurts fault

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, agree entirely. It seems like he’s been thrown in to playing 90mins from no football at all and it’s happened.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone said he already had a bandage on his knee before he went down injured for frankfurt. Had something happened in training?
I can't see him coming back from three acls to play at this level again.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's not intentional and not digging anyone out but a lot of talk about insurance and us recouping money. Absolutely valid but for me I don't care, can't even imagine mentally what must be going through his head. Hope he gets all the support he needs to deal with this, another horrible setback

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I know it's not intentional and not digging anyone out but a lot of talk about insurance and us recouping money. Absolutely valid but for me I don't care, can't even imagine mentally what must be going through his head. Hope he gets all the support he needs to deal with this, another horrible setback
This. Some things are more important

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
This is very very sad news for Sasa, if I have read the reports correctly this is the ACL which he injured prior to his transfer to us.
As mentioned earlier, it is possible that a better reconstruction than was originally carried out could be performed but, personally, I wouldn’t be pinning too much hope to that one.

I wish him the very best of luck with his next surgery and rehabilitation, it will be very disheartening for him and his wife - the recovery-road is a long and lonely one :(
He is such a nice fella that I hope he can come back to close to his best level, hopefully not just wishful thinking on my part.

greg

Reaction score
Terrible news, all the best to him and his wife. Met a young football mad girl today, both waiting for knee ops, Her career maybe over before it really starts.
The other side of the sporting coin.

greg

Reaction score
Terrible news, all the best to him and his wife. Met a young football mad girl today, both waiting for knee ops, Her career maybe over before it really starts.
The other side of the sporting coin. I am 75 with wonderful sporting memories

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your heart has to go out to the lad. Somethings are more important than football and as a young man with a new family this couldnt have come at a worse time. Forget the football aspect, I hope he gets all the support he needs from the club whether he plays for us again or not

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The poor lad must have a fitness record plummeting towards or below 30% when he is able to start training again after the surgery.

It is just brutal for the lad!
to do your right knee acl/ligaments after doing your left twice.

He from my experience with knee injuries needs to retire.

I dont think you can recover and have any explosion left in your joints

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
to do your right knee acl/ligaments after doing your left twice.

He from my experience with knee injuries needs to retire.

I dont think you can recover and have any explosion left in your joints

I did my ACL and LCL at 16 and was told to retire from academy standard due to the long term damage at the age, but also the strain of still growing and playing in goal where stability, power and durability is fairly crucial……

So god knows the advice after a third one….. even if it is a different leg.

Both knees having issues is going to cause life long or later life issues that will need to be thought of is it even worth trying to play again

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wishing the young man all the best, must be heart breaking for him and his family and friends. Keep the Faith

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did my ACL and LCL at 16 and was told to retire from academy standard due to the long term damage at the age, but also the strain of still growing and playing in goal where stability, power and durability is fairly crucial……

So god knows the advice after a third one….. even if it is a different leg.

Both knees having issues is going to cause life long or later life issues that will need to be thought of is it even worth trying to play again
I did my right knee and cracked my patella, alongside ACL and basically lost glamorgan contract (cricket) they basically said dont even think about it.

Even now playing village cricket i get issues

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did my right knee and cracked my patella, alongside ACL and basically lost glamorgan contract (cricket) they basically said dont even think about it.

Even know playing village cricket i get issues

It is a bad one…. Cracking a patella is no joke on its own!! That can be a career ender right there, no ACL in addition!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Devastating for him and of course, we all hope it goes well and he suffers no long-term problems to his mobility. It's unlikely that he'll play at any sort of professional level again I'd guess and there will be all sorts of insurance implications.
Sasa's time at Molineux was pretty-much ended when he was sent out on loan, certainly under this regime, and lots of us thought we'd need to off-load him and take a large financial hit. None of us expected this to happen, but **** does!
While Sasa is still under contract at Wolves, the club has a duty of care towards him, but from a practical pov; they must surely be planning for life without him, next season, possibly with an insurance payout, possibly without, but he's extremely unlikely to grace the Molineux turf again.
Although it sounds heartless, life goes on and while Sasa is part of the Wolves' family, he gets my support, but players leave that family for all sorts of reasons, usually without much thought to Wolves and us fans after they've moved on. This is different, but in due course Sasa will be an ex-Wolves player who's time won't be looked upon with any fondness. Hopefully, Wolves learn from this and the 'Silva episode' and future players are more carefully considered than appears to have been the case in the past.
This situation is still raw, but Wolves will be looking beyond this, even now, I'd think.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Even know playing village cricket i get issues

Sorry to hear that.

Shows how lucky Pedro was with his patella injury. Could have been so much more serious.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

Shows how lucky Pedro was with his patella injury. Could have been so much more serious.
No need to be sorry ha, **** happens, but the physio i had to come back was intense, i just lost all manner of explosive power, and im only 5ft 7 so i cant imagine how that would affect such a rangy tall striker like sasa

Back
Top Bottom