Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sarabia

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Have never been much of a fan. He's another Nunes, does the occasional pieces of super skill but it's a real rarity. It's easier to be anonymous up front though than in central midfield so he's gotten away with it for longer. Like Nunes, this is the wrong league for him. He just doesn't have the fire in his belly for the rough and tumble of English football.

Hopefully with only a year left on his deal, we push to get him off the books in the summer. His wages must be huge in return for very little.
Wouldn’t say 4 goals and 7 assists is very little.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say 4 goals and 7 assists is very little.
2 goals from open play in 31 appearances is hardly up to much. If he was just an up and coming squad player who could still develop, that's okay, but he's about to turn 32 and is one of our biggest earners.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs movement and quality around him, he's not good or explosive enough to make things happen of his own accord like Neto and Cunha can do.

Unfortunately, he's not had that recently and it's shown. Was awful last night.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs movement and quality around him, he's not good or explosive enough to make things happen of his own accord like Neto and Cunha can do.

This..
People keep pointing to his lack of pace, but he never had that, yet has performed well at an even higher level than Wolves. I personally watched him being one of Spains best players here at Parken Stadium as they beat Croatia in the Euros. He was brillant that night. Linking play together, scoring and setting up chances. I did notice he wasn't fast. But that didnt matter. Other players around him provided that..
We finally saw it with us too when GON found a role for him, not surprisingly involving other players around him with pace.

Without that as we saw last night he's pretty useless, but it's absurd to say it means he's a rubbish player

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree, we saw the best of him when he's had those two playing with him.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One good game in 10 is simply not good enough, him and Hwang as a front two does not work, they both run around but hardly ever put a tackle in, they are both good at falling over and then waving their arms and pointing, Pablo has been disappointing no matter what anyone says needs moving on and a more consistent player brought in, people say he plays better when Cunha and Neto play if I remember right Sarabia was mostly on the bench when both of those played.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One good game in 10 is simply not good enough, him and Hwang as a front two does not work, they both run around but hardly ever put a tackle in, they are both good at falling over and then waving their arms and pointing, Pablo has been disappointing no matter what anyone says needs moving on and a more consistent player brought in, people say he plays better when Cunha and Neto play if I remember right Sarabia was mostly on the bench when both of those played.

Of course he's been disappointing. No denying that. He himself has admitted that he's struggled to adapt. So there's that aude to it, as well as the points about the need for players with pace around him.
However the point lot of people make that he's simply a rubbish player doesn't make sense when you look at his pedigree.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think he needs to be surrounded by better attackers, we don't have adequate attackers.
He is a supplier of opportunities. But we have a blunt forward line IMO .
If I was playing his role I would look up to find no one further forward to pass to.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I know it's not easy, I know how we're playing doesn't suit him, I know he'd be better playing narrower than he was last night, I know he's never had any pace. None of that means he can't make a 5 yard pass or protect the ball when he's in possession.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He would probably be better off in a side like City, where every other player is quality. The problem is, Wolves don’t have that luxury. We need everyone to be up and at ‘em. One or two cogs not putting in a 100% means our system isn’t efficient. In a side like ours he is a bit lightweight and we can’t afford that.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Sarabia was angry at being substituted last night, kicking out at the dugout chair. I wonder if he was as angry about the team performance on the whole or just his own performance.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia was angry at being substituted last night, kicking out at the dugout chair. I wonder if he was as angry about the team performance on the whole or just his own performance.
How would it have been if he used the same emrgy as he did to the chair actually on the pitch?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He always comes off muttering and scowling as though it's completely unfathomable that he could be taken off.

I don't know if he's just egotistical, utterly deluded, thinks he needs to do this so the coach starts him next game to prevent him kicking up a big fuss or if it's just a little act for the fans so show how "passionate" he is.

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
How would it have been if he used the same emrgy as he did to the chair actually on the pitch?
Yep he was miffed but I would rather have a player really angry to subbed off than one who was happy to be benched.... (we have had a few !! :eek:)

It was poor all round but I did say to my mate at the game, in the last 10-15 when it was all squeezed into their box, he was the one player we actually needed on the pitch......we move on, he is a quality player but needs to right situ to perform to max and currently we are in that space.....:(

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
Yep he was miffed but I would rather have a player really angry to subbed off than one who was happy to be benched.... (we have had a few !! :eek:)

It was poor all round but I did say to my mate at the game, in the last 10-15 when it was all squeezed into their box, he was the one player we actually needed on the pitch......we move on, he is a quality player but needs to right situ to perform to max and currently we are in that space.....:(
err....NOT in that space......

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is just too slow. He has had some bright moments this season but the last 7 or 8 games he has been really poor. Would drop him for Chirewa at the weekend who showed far more intensity when he came on last night.

fleck1

Reaction score
Quality footballer, but he's a creator. His form tailed off with nobody to actually create for. With Hwang, Cunha and Neto running around off him he looked a different player, now he just looks absolutely knackered.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs more options around him realistically and the system we play, without Cunha/Neto/Hwang make him look worse than he is.

That said some of his recent performances have been poor. Poor passing, slow on the ball & losing possession far too cheaply.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never rated him. Too hot and cold, passing is poor and way too slow. Like a lot of this side, he is a 5 or 6 out of 10 player which if we have ambitions for top 8 he needs to go.
We have ambitions for top 8? When did that happen and why wasn't I told? :rolleyes:

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
I was one of those conned into believing he had adapted to the Prem but my god he has been so poor recently! No pace, no passion in the tackle, loose passes, missing sitters and opposition players just ghosting past him far too often! Moments of brilliance as some have stated but very rare unfortunately. Needs to play in a slower paced and less physical league where he has time on the ball…that’s not the Prem.

Back
Top Bottom