Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

San Francisco World Cup Watch

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
alright fellas I know I’m not the only one who lives in the Bay Area.

Any interest in watching a few games together? I’m planning on being at Fiddler’s in Millbrae on Friday to watch the Spain Portugal game.

Happy to drive up to SF to watch any games with any molmixers. I’m in Half Moon Bay so I can commute to the city, peninsula or east bay. Lmk.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In SanFran, from Sep 22 - Sep 30. Depending on fixtures, be good to get together and watch a Wolves game on one of those weekends?

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did a three week tour of the East coast for our honeymoon a few years ago, starting with three days in San Francisco. Absolutely fell in love with the place.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
The San Francisco Wolves flag, very impressive.

Do you know these guys Barnet?

31676517_10215434279191720_5568100034664202240_o.jpg

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not personally,I believe the one on the left is San Fran Wolf who does the transfer sticky. Was hoping he'd reply......

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Alright Barnet, alas i’ve repatriated back to sunny blighty.

I’m still in San Francisco regularly though - i was in town last week (just in time to see the warriors take the NBA finals).

The last World Cup we did McTeagues which had a brilliant atmosphere - maybe even the best atmosphere i’ve Seen outside of a stadium. The doors were locked at midday for afternoon kickoff’s when the USA played. I expect they’ll be doing something similar.

@Edmund Dantes might be about - he has the flag and is a top bloke - might be a good excuse for a flag outing!

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the message @SanFranWolf shame you've left the Bay Area, glorious day today and much celebration with the announcement that the 2026 would cup will be held in Canada, US and Mexico....CUM2026:eek::D

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
thinking of a trip to SF end August, to take the mother (75)

looking at air bnb, anyone recommend regions to stay to make it fairly easy to get her to see places? most of them dont seem to have parking, is that a big problem if i got a hire car?

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

looking at air bnb, anyone recommend regions to stay to make it fairly easy to get her to see places? most of them dont seem to have parking, is that a big problem if i got a hire car?
SF is not a senior friendly city, it's all uphills and downhills. Stay close to Fisherman's wharf, it's touristey but it's on the bay, near all the attractions and you can see golden gate bridge from there too.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Black Horse London Deli pub on Union Street,may or may not be showing World Cup games, but my Wolves scarf is hung up in there,so thats one place in San Fran thats definitely got a Wolves presence!

Stingray II

Reaction score

I recommend you ditch the car idea. Parking is hard to find, and traffic can gridlock during rush-(3)hours. The city is small with good public transportation. I only use my car at weekends. Maybe rent a car for a day or two if you're planning trips outside of the city. You can purchase "Muni clipper card" passes for a week that will give you unlimited travel on buses, street-cars (trams), muni underground and cable-cars.

Barnet is right about Fisherman's Wharf. I can't stand the place, but it has plenty of restaurants and bars, is on the water, and handy for catching ferries to Alcatraz, and Sausalito. The ferry trip to Sausalito is about an hour, takes you past Alcatraz, and gives you great views of the Bridge and the Bay. From Sausalito you have great views of San Francisco. If you are looking at accommodation elsewhere, send me a pm and I've tell you what's good and bad about the locations.
August is often foggy. If you can stall until September, you'll get better weather.

Back
Top Bottom