Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

S****horpe United

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another former league club in dire straits. S****horpe United will have to vacate their Glanford Park home after their owner withdrew funding for the football club.

The club has issued a statement saying that they will be playing home games at Gainsborough Trinity. The problem is that Gainsborough say they have no knowledge of this.

S****horpe have gone from the football league to National league north, and to add to their woes they are the subject of a winding up petition by HMRC.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're going to be Macclesfield, Bury, and all that all over again.

Sadly it looks that way. They have people interested in buying the club, but they have been put off by the debts they will have to clear before they do anything else. Who will go first, Scunny or Southend?

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My gaffer is a Scunny fan and I went with him to York last season..
They hate the owner who 'alleged ' hates the fans and wants to sell the ground for development.

They hoped he'd sell after the relegation, but made his hand stronger to liquidate the club..

Such a shame people like this can run/own a club, but won't upset the PL so not new worthy, but a PL Player caught picking his nose is news worthy.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all the money at the top level it's pretty Shameful what's happened to some clubs further down
Only going yo get worse

Agree 100% !!!

The Premier League should have the same motto as Marie Antoinette " Let them eat cake ! " as that is the attitude to anything outside of their world. A world that is about to get even richer when the new TV deals are signed.

cowshed

Reaction score
In 2007 -8 I had a sports bar in Bangkok and one of my customers father was the chairman of S****horpe, there was an Aussie who supported Scunny and the son got 2 signed shirts one for the Aussie and one for the bar, from what I remember the chairman was a potato farmer in East Anglia

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read the club statement...

https://www.s****horpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/september/club-update/

Sad times.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic news that they like Southend United, have been saved and taken over in the last 24 hours.

https://www.s****horpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/october/club-statement/

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news for the North Lincolnshire club. Hopefully, like Southend United, better days will lie ahead.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to note their ticket prices in one of the links. £20 (£18 if pre-purchased) ain't cheap!
For comparison Rushall Olympic charge £14 / £13.50 in the same division, although they have of course entered the league from different directions.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For comparison Rushall Olympic charge £14 / £13.50 in the same division, although they have of course entered the league from different directions.
For me that still seems a lot of money to go see lower non league footy

But then again the matches I go here are free and there's only about 30 people and a dog in attendance

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted already but it is an interesting article. The dodgy owner disputes what was in the article of course!

https://theathletic.com/4908999/2023/09/28/s****horpe-united-collapse-david-hilton-how/

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me that still seems a lot of money to go see lower non league footy

But then again the matches I go here are free and there's only about 30 people and a dog in attendance
I’d agree. Maybe should be £10 at most. Guess it’s like everything else these days though, prices just keep going up.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do those who use filters and use asterisks in the words they find offensive realise that by doing so it actually highlights that very word?

mroli74

Reaction score
Family are from Scunny. Really sad - this is a team that was playing in the Championship as recently as 12 years ago. A good football club is a source of civic pride (as we all know) and I can only hope that the new owner is able to put the club back on stable financial ground. I note that she thanked the old owner for handing it over for free and wiping out all monies he lent the club. I hope that includes the title to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom