Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ryan Bennett to Leicester City

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just announce on SSN Ryan Bennett is going on loan to Leicester City. With a view to buy permanently in the summer

dennison11

Reaction score
Very strange from our point of view. Good move for Ryan if they're guaranteeing 1st team football for him

D

Deleted member 3545

Stating on talksport Bennett on his easy to Leicester

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised were letting him go to a competitor, suppose stranger things happen.

A

Amiga-wolf

To think we got him on a free, helping us gain promotion and an important part of the team that earned 7th place last season. Now selling him on for a possible fee sounds an incredible bit of business.

He
has played an important part in our rise up the ranks, and I'm sure all Wolves fans will wish him well.

Last edited by a moderator:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm surprised but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens for the rest of the day.

Leicester are pretty certain to be in Europe next season, but this season could be Bennett's best chance of winning a European medal. He's only an injury or two from being in the starting 11.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great move for him I reckon must have been discussion and he expressed a desire to move
Big step up for Kilman now. For me we need a striker even more so now he has gone.
Massive respect for Benno. Was brilliant in the team that got us promoted. Was solid last season with some great memories

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would Bennett have made bench? Ruddy, Giles/Vinagre, Kilman, Boly/Donck, Podence, Jota, MGW/Jordao and Campana. Likely to have needed 2 injuries to get onto bench?

So what does that leave us with?

Boly/Kilman/Saiss/Donck/Coady - 5 for 3 places.

Odd but not meltdown territory.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange one , thanks for your service Ryan!!!

Benny78

Reaction score
Ryan has been great for us and more than serviceable. With a run of games he is a worthy Premier League defender in my view. However, he is average on the ball and clearly we are looking for better in our back 3.

D

Deleted at own request member 8370

So now Boly is the only natural CB at the club. Absolute joke this window!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confusing move this one, going from one bench (when he was involved) to another. Something strange is afoot...

Cheers Ryan, did well for us mostly despite some shoddy treatment in the Championship season. All the best

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I like Bennett, done a good solid job for us. I wonder how Leicester fans feel about his arrival.

Sold Mcguire in the summer and got Bennett in january, doest really show ambition.

The mix would be on meltdown if we did similar.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame to see him go, has been fantastic for us. Wish him all the best.

Always be grateful for giving one of the most joyous moments with the goal against Bristol City.

D

Deleted member 5635

As much as I like Bennett, done a good solid job for us. I wonder how Leicester fans feel about his arrival.

Sold Mcguire in the summer and got Bennett in january, doest really show ambition.

The mix would be on meltdown if we did similar.
They did sign Tielemans, Perez, Praet and Justin for the price of 1 Harry McGuire though.

D

Deleted member 5910

Interesting move. As @TezzaWolf points out, I'd be surprised if Benno impresses enough with presumably limited game time to warrant Leicester taking up the option (unless it's a particularly cheap option), so I'm ultimately struggling to see the point of this move other than Nuno just wanting him off the squad list. Touch wood it doesn't happen, but if Boly suffers complications with his injury (which would leave us with only three defenders for four positions), this could backfire.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do we need a replacement? Boly, Coady, Kilman, Saiss, Donck.
Weve gone 3 months without one of the best defenders in the league, our season won't crumble on Ryan Bennett leaving. Whose played about 2 games in the last 3 month (Even though i did like him!)

F

Flynn

They did sign Tielemans, Perez, Praet and Justin for the price of 1 Harry McGuire though.

And Soyuncu has stepped up well this season. Think the above is really good business - as shown by their league position.

D

Deleted member 5635

And Soyuncu has stepped up well this season. Think the above is really good business - as shown by their league position.
He wasn't cheap either though. Looks a good player this season for Leicester.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair point, though 2 are midfielders, and a defender who has played 3 games this season. Would we be happy to replace Boly with Grealish?

D

Deleted member 4436

Why do we need a replacement? Boly, Coady, Kilman, Saiss, Donck.
Weve gone 3 months without one of the best defenders in the league, our season won't crumble on Ryan Bennett leaving. Whose played about 2 games in the last 3 month (Even though i did like him!)

Donk has made significant errors. Kilman looks good, albeit with limited appearances.

One injury away from an unnecessary problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

lycophilos

Reaction score
Its as if Leicester want some back up, just in case something happens to the main central defence pairing, a crazy idea.
Another crazy decision , now woefully light in defence as well as a striker
What a poorly run club Wolves are!!! It must be a real miracle what has happened in the past two and a half seasons, as it's almost as if the great success of the club has come about despite the people running the club (which includes Nuno).

However, perhaps this may be because Nuno, or someone else, appreciates what Ryan has done for the club, and is helping him find a more promising situation for himself?

I remember Kenny Dalglish, when he was manager at Blackburn during the time they were at the top of the league, being widely praised for allowing one of his players who was a regular back-up move to another club. Comments like "typical of Kenny, always thinking of the well-being of his players".

Perhaps Nuno is another such manager - and perhaps that is one of the reasons he has managed to inspire such a strong team spirit/family feeling in the club. His players know that he cares for them too as human beings.

Back
Top Bottom