Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On the theme of sporting injuries, I moved on from football as my body just kept breaking down even playing socially in a semi decent game. Very frustrating. Started climbing and more specifically bouldering. Was great. Until I was completing a more different climb with a last move which was facing more out of the wall then towards, slipped and fell about 3 meters (no rope).

Dislocated elbow, which given the height and fall was best case scenario. However it takes some hell of a lot rest to heal, and the length of rehab is long, 5/6 months on I am just about able to get my arm straight. Had to change again and do more sedate exercise and join the gym, though just managed to start some very simple climbing again.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the theme of sporting injuries, I moved on from football as my body just kept breaking down even playing socially in a semi decent game. Very frustrating. Started climbing and more specifically bouldering. Was great. Until I was completing a more different climb with a last move which was facing more out of the wall then towards, slipped and fell about 3 meters (no rope).

Dislocated elbow, which given the height and fall was best case scenario. However it takes some hell of a lot rest to heal, and the length of rehab is long, 5/6 months on I am just about able to get my arm straight. Had to change again and do more sedate exercise and join the gym, though just managed to start some very simple climbing again.

Bloody hell! That sounds horrible!

Sports injuries are no joke! It is why prevention is so key!

Let alone the rehab….

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tommy Cooper "Doctor, my arm hurts when I do this"

Doctor " Well don't do it"

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My only sports injuries were when I played American football. And always in training rather than games as you were not going full tilt in training against team mates.

Worst injury I witnessed though was in school volleyball. The blocker caught his front teeth on the top of the net at the top of his leap to block.

Reaction score
My only sports injuries were when I played American football. And always in training rather than games as you were not going full tilt in training against team mates.

Worst injury I witnessed though was in school volleyball. The blocker caught his front teeth on the top of the net at the top of his leap to block.
Wasn’t luis Suarez was it?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone ever see one of those PE teacher horror stories?? A javelin going through someone’s eye lol. That’s it throw the foam one first
that actually happened at my school i believe.

Actually it was the girls school next door.

Hockey was the worst injury i saw, stick to cheekbone.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
that actually happened at my school i believe.

Actually it was the girls school next door.

Hockey was the worst injury i saw, stick to cheekbone.
I've seen horrendous injuries playing hockey! Saw one lads wind pipe crushed when he got and accidental stick in the throat. Luckily lots of medics play hockey and he was dealt with properly and rushed to hospital. But I still remember seeing his face going purple due to lack of oxygen

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen horrendous injuries playing hockey! Saw one lads wind pipe crushed when he got and accidental stick in the throat. Luckily lots of medics play hockey and he was dealt with properly and rushed to hospital. But I still remember seeing his face going purple due to lack of oxygen
Jesus. That must have been horrific to see.

What I forgot to add was after the cheekbone ended up in different postcodes, was a full on brawl between teachers pupils and spectators too....

I played rugby for seven years and saw naughty stuff but that still sticks in the mind.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus. That must have been horrific to see.

What I forgot to add was after the cheekbone ended up in different postcodes, was a full on brawl between teachers pupils and spectators too....

I played rugby for seven years and saw naughty stuff but that still sticks in the mind.
Yeah wasn't nice, I've seen more claret on a hockey pitch than anywhere else. Rugby is bad for it I know, but when accidents happen in hockey they can be pretty bad. Hockey balls and sticks are both dangerous

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah wasn't nice, I've seen more claret on a hockey pitch than anywhere else. Rugby is bad for it I know, but when accidents happen in hockey they can be pretty bad. Hockey balls and sticks are both dangerous
Every hockey player I've met seems to have done their Cruciate Ligaments as well as the horror stories of coming round lay in a pool of their own blood.

SuziQ

Reaction score

I got a hockey ball to the forehead whilst playing in defence at university. My vision was very blurry after from the way my eyes watered but I still had to defend a short corner before I could go for first aid. By the time I got home I had an egg-shaped lump on my forehead.

Hockey has also left me with ligament damage in my left ankle that makes driving a manual transmission quite painful. Thankfully automatics exist!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every hockey player I've met seems to have done their Cruciate Ligaments as well as the horror stories of coming round lay in a pool of their own blood.
Not done cruciate. Have had loads of knee and ankle injuries though. Also put 3 people in hospital myself. Worst blood I've seen is an undercut shot that hit a guy in the temple. It literally looked like a tap had been turned on!!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got a hockey ball to the forehead whilst playing in defence at university. My vision was very blurry after from the way my eyes watered but I still had to defend a short corner before I could go for first aid. By the time I got home I had an egg-shaped lump on my forehead.

Hockey has also left me with ligament damage in my left ankle that makes driving a manual transmission quite painful. Thankfully automatics exist!
Yeah like in my post just now, head injuries are the worst, both for blood and concussion! When I fractured my leg I played the rest of the game. I just figured it was badly bruised!

My ankles have been bad for years from hockey. Its only recently ive been managing to get mobility back in to them. That and the fact I don't play hockey anymore probably helps! :sweatsmile:

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, as we sometimes say over here……….went to a fight and a hockey game broke out:)
Field hockey doesn't quite have the same open fighting rules as slidy hockey. I've always quite fancied being a goon though. Unfortunately I have zero skating ability!!!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Field hockey doesn't quite have the same open fighting rules as slidy hockey. I've always quite fancied being a goon though. Unfortunately I have zero skating ability!!!
different game!!
Ahhhhhh……..youse is talking about field hockey.
Thought you were all talking about indoor men’s hockey, using a ball on a concrete surface…….and they’re fast.
Some use roller blades or sports shoes.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh……..youse is talking about field hockey.
Thought you were all talking about indoor men’s hockey, using a ball on a concrete surface…….and they’re fast.
Some use roller blades or sports shoes.
I've played both. Indoor is slower though as you aren't allowed to strike the ball.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen people lose most of their teeth when a ball hits…..Fractured eye sockets…..

You honestly couldn’t pay me to be on the line and rush a short corner striker!!! MADNESS!!!!
Totally agree. I was always taking the hit from the short corners. The only time I faced it was when I was playing in goal, there's no way I'd be first man out. I'm not fast enough or crazy enough!!!!

Back
Top Bottom