Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mods have a baseball bat under the keyboard for the unruly...

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
just reading about grasshoppers, lafc brought 90% , so i assume fosun still own 10 % ?

any idea of sale cost ? i was just wondering if we sold it cheaper to them with the idea they invest in us ?

too early to be drinking in this pub !!!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just reading about grasshoppers, lafc brought 90% , so i assume fosun still own 10 % ?

any idea of sale cost ? i was just wondering if we sold it cheaper to them with the idea they invest in us ?

too early to be drinking in this pub !!!
Fosun didn't own Grasshoppers. It was Gua's wife, Jenny Wang, who did.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can you hit me in the face and leave the kneecaps please……

I am already an ugly bugger and don’t need my bad knee to make my already funky walk worse…… if the knees go again, I will walk worse than Quasimodo and that ain’t a good look

Hahaha

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you hit me in the face and leave the kneecaps please……

I am already an ugly bugger and don’t need my bad knee to make my already funky walk worse…… if the knees go again, I will walk worse than Quasimodo and that ain’t a good look

Hahaha
You got the hump @wolfslair? If so give @Mutchy a bell..... lol

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Chad Hurly is meant to be worth over $700m now. The rest of the ownership group must be worth many billions.

They have some serious money behind them. An £80m investment is nothing to them, the question is how do they get a return?

I don't like the Americanisation of football, I don't want sin bins and quarters for extra commercial breaks - but if they respected the culture and tradition of our game I think I could let them build a new Steve Bull, I don't have enough leg room!
The return on investment may come when enough teams are owned by Americans and they introduce rules to ensure all clubs make a profit. The problem for them is they are used to owning teams in leagues with no competition so players can’t go elsewhere, however football is different and other leagues will welcome them with open arms.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In answer to your question, …..I don’t know. Haven’t been there in a long time which is my only solution.

But we’re cool and move on and that’s that. There are more pressing things in life.

“ …….and now for something completely different.” :)

Footy……..
You should go back on the joke thread if you enjoy it, and ignore those in poor taste (I know 'taste' is very much an individual thing).
Most are very good, some cringy and a few in poor taste, you're cutting your nose off to spite your face, (is that an Irish saying?)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You should go back on the joke thread if you enjoy it, and ignore those in poor taste (I know 'taste' is very much an individual thing).
Most are very good, some cringy and a few in poor taste, you're cutting your nose off to spite your face, (is that an Irish saying?)
Thanks for the thought.

So, to all readers, change of topic……… we now move back to football and look forward to Sunday’s game.
P.S. ……don’t you all hate having to wait til Sunday instead of tomorrow.?

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I do. Although It also means I can enjoy the whole of Saturday regardless ... playing on a Sunday (and losing) means only one day of the weekend is a bit affected (not that I get too bent out of shape about defeats, these days)..

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the thought.

So, to all readers, change of topic……… we now move back to football and look forward to Sunday’s game.
Crap kick off time for you guys unfortunately.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Thanks for the thought.

Not fond on Sunday games but this one seems like a particularly pointless move. The big game of the day is the Carabo Cup Final, and barely anyone outside of the own teams' supporters will be interested in Wolves v Sheffield United. Our game won't even be finished by the time Liverpool v Chelsea kick off (3pm) and both games are on Sky. Not sure what Sky's thinking is having both games playing at the same time. It also means we have less rest than Brighton before our FA Cup tie on Wednesday. Without the Sheffield United game being played on a Sunday, we could have played Brighton on Tuesday (with both teams having the same amount of rest days) and then had an extra day of rest before the Newcastle game on the Saturday. It's annoying.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crap kick off time for you guys unfortunately.
Not at all……..even a 4am game has me jumping up at. 3.20 am and making coffee and enjoying a blueberry strudel muffin.
I could tape it but I have to watch it live…….haven’t missed a PL game since promotion.

Remember, when I came here mid 70s, the papers usually didn’t have the scores or the tables, only every other week. All us footy mad people missed so much in those days.
And no games at all on tv. ……until DAZN and now FUBO

So now, I never take a game for granted…….absolutely luvvvvvvvv to see the before games aerial live shots of Molineux ….

Last edited:

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t included;

The conclusions
8 x broken nose
Broken ankle
Multiple broken fingers toes and bones in the main part of the foot….

Sport at the higher level is brutal on the body!
I never played sport at a particularly high level, but have dislocated all the main joints from hips down, fractured my shin, broken too many metatarsals, plus nose and fist!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope you played Rugby, or that’s one proper rough Sunday league

I played rugby after the ACL and LCL injury at 16 ended my chances to play football.

Took a full two years to rehab and do s&c well enough to play.

I appreciate wasps as they never let me down as they kept looking after me long after my footy club pushed me to “retire” and get me off the books. Wasps for two years, set me up a place a very good college, paid for a %age of all my rehab and then when I was back playing got me trials at other clubs back in the Midlands as my dad moved for work.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t included;

The conclusions
8 x broken nose
Broken ankle
Multiple broken fingers toes and bones in the main part of the foot….

Sport at the higher level is brutal on the body!
I’d recommend some calcium and milkshakes. That body has been under some serious stress

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to you ‘lair. Hope you aren’t in too much pain

Is what it is…. You pay your money you make your choice. I knew I wouldn’t be pain free or escape without issues to get the lifestyle the rugby and footy allowed when combined with my “normal” job I got to have.

It is why I will never have a player moving on to another club for money and shouldn’t play or be risked when injured!

Player health is always paramount for me!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all……..even a 4am game has me jumping up at. 3.20 am and making coffee and enjoying a blueberry strudel muffin.
I could tape it but I have to watch it live…….haven’t missed a PL game since promotion.

Remember, when I came here mid 70s, the papers usually didn’t have the scores or the tables, only every other week. All us footy mad people missed so much in those days.

So now, I never take a game for granted…….absolutely luvvvvvvvv to see the before games aerial live shots of Molineux ….
You’ve certainly got us beat there we’ve got three different services to pay for and we still don’t get all the games.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That took me back.

Up until the early-1980's the local paper (Victoria Times-Colonist) had two editions - morning and afternoon.

As far as I could tell the only difference between the editions was the "Old Country Soccer Results" which were always included at the top of Page 2 on the afternoon edition. All four divisions from each of England & Scotland were included, no tables.

Anyways, I remember going absolutely mental when I opened the paper to see Wolves had won the 1980 League Cup Final.

RIP Paul Bradshaw

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That took me back.

Up until the early-1980's the local paper (Victoria Times-Colonist) had two editions - morning and afternoon.

As far as I could tell the only difference between the editions was the "Old Country Soccer Results" which were always included at the top of Page 2 on the afternoon edition. All four divisions from each of England & Scotland were included, no tables.

Anyways, I remember going absolutely mental when I opened the paper to see Wolves had won the 1980 League Cup Final.

RIP Paul Bradshaw
Remember this…….
About the same era, tv channel 13CKVU started showing 1st. division games at 12.05 am Sun.

They only showed an hour of the game with adds.
Still, it was better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom