Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Rowzed

Reaction score
I heard there was a young Albanian seen in Asda, he was in a blue tracksuit and asking where the nearest Waitrose was

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A made up rumour from Scally’s, coz I don’t know where else to post it!

Karim Benzema not happy in Saudi.
Rumours he could play in the Premier League this season.

Why not a cheeky loan bid?

Just think what he would offer to our front line and the lift it would give us.

Fanciful I know and a big wage, but no transfer fee and we have saved zillions in the last 7 months with all our outgoings.

He’s the type of player who could get us into the European places.

I’ve got my flak jacket on just in case!

Coops

Reaction score

Fanciful I know and a big wage, but no transfer fee and we have saved zillions in the last 7 months with all our outgoings.

You're safe... until he signs elsewhere :mad:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen a fair few of the Saudi games and the big players generally don't care. Mitrovic is an exception, but Benzema was the worst by far, he was truly awful in all the games I watched.

It's a bit of a pattern as well.

People were calling for Firmino but he was just as bad, and he doesn't even get in their team right now. Hasn't scored a goal in 16 league games, and last started a game in October. He also lost his place to a Saudi player, so not like another superstar replaced him.

Mahrez was dropped by Algeria last night because his performances were so bad. That's some going really isn't it. I know they have a talented squad but that's like Argentina dropping Messi for a must-win game.

Henderson not in the same bracket but he's already decided to pack it in, and Laporte moaning about it as well.

Delighted to see it failing to be honest.

Many are clearly losing motivation when they move there, and it's easy to see why. All the money you could wish for but no excitement/thrill must mean you lose that edge.

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score

Got yanited written all over it, similar to when they got ibrahimovic and cavani

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

If it helps get it over the line I pledge to buy a new shirt with Benzema on the back if this happens.

SingleMalt

Reaction score
Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up in the Premier League as is rumoured. Could well be in this window as well.

Wishful thinking on my part that it could be with us, but you never know what’s going on behind the scenes.
Firstly he wouldn’t touch us with a stick, we’re far too small a club for him. Secondly, he’ll want to play for a Champions League team.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, given how well he got on with Nuno in Saudi, Trees aren't a candidate lol....
Seems funny now his spat with Nuno....maybe benzema was hoping they got rid of him and backed Nuno ...maybe he was looking for the exit early and his plan back fired....

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen a fair few of the Saudi games and the big players generally don't care. Mitrovic is an exception, but Benzema was the worst by far, he was truly awful in all the games I watched.

People were calling for Firmino but he was just as bad, and he doesn't even get in their team right now. Hasn't scored a goal in 16 league games, and last started a game in October. He also lost his place to a Saudi player, so not like another superstar replaced him.

Mahrez was dropped by Algeria last night because his performances were so bad. That's some going really isn't it. I know they have a talented squad but that's like Argentina dropping Messi for a must-win game.

Henderson not in the same bracket but he's already decided to pack it in, and Laporte moaning about it as well.

Many are clearly losing motivation when they move there, and it's easy to see why. All the money you could wish for but no excitement/thrill must mean you lose that edge.
There's no adoration of them. Footballers tend to love being adored.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thought it daft when people starting saying European football was doomed to be honest. The Saudi league has absolutely nothing going for it in the current global football set up. If a global super league came about, which one day it will maybe 20 years from now, then Saudi sides would carry some weight playing the biggest clubs in the world, but until then there is absolutely nothing there for a pro with any interest in being competitive.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it daft when people starting saying European football was doomed to be honest. The Saudi league has absolutely nothing going for it in the current global football set up. If a global super league came about, which one day it will maybe 20 years from now, then Saudi sides would carry some weight playing the biggest clubs in the world, but until then there is absolutely nothing there for a pro with any interest in being competitive.
I think the Saudis are extremely serious about making a big impact in sports, especially soccer. Let’s revisit this in about 4 years and I suspect that they’ll have made a lot of progress.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the Saudis are extremely serious about making a big impact in sports, especially soccer. Let’s revisit this in about 4 years and I suspect that they’ll have made a lot of progress.

With how unhappy the non Muslim players are out there who have just gone, I severely doubt it!

I shared a list a few weeks ago that a number weren’t happy and a high profile player would leave.

The list is growing all the time.

Players if they do go, only want one season and break clauses to keep more money than they can now to go if they leave before two years.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see it myself as the lifestyle and culture is just too different from the western world.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see it myself as the lifestyle and culture is just too different from the western world.

The players main issues are around the playing conditions and the fact they are playing infront of stupidly small crowds and they are saying it feels like playing in the covid times! Then the bits you said too mate.

A few players are saying their mental health is suffering and others their love for the game is dying.

They took their money and made their choice, but it is going to impact the number of players who go. As players are really saying how bad it is and not holding back!

China had larger crowds and more “social” freedoms, so they put up with the drop in standards.

Saudi footy will come and go, with little impact other than massively inflated transfer fees and wages for a few years and then be a footnote in football history and a few trivia questions.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd agree they can dominate Boxing,Golf,F1 but the people involved only visit for the event, Living there full time like the footballers do will be very different.

Saudi I feel will continue to pour money into it but won't ever be able to replicate a top European/South American league, despite having an influx of top player the attendances are poor. I would guess the Premier League viewers in Saudi are quite high though.

Milijas

Reaction score
I mean who wants to live in a desert with:
No alcohol / night clubs, no bacon sandwiches and s### atmospheres and attendances.

Or alternatively do a Messi and move to Miami
and live the dream.

I'm surprised the MLS isn't number one after say England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France.

Ronaldo coming out and saying Saudi league is bigger than the French league is as stupid as it comes..

I'd rate Eredivise and the Turkish league streets ahead of the Saudi league in every aspect, quality of players, quality of life and just genuine love for the game..

Edit: and the Scottish league!

Last edited:

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my rumour from the pub is that it looks to be set for closure; short or long term is unknown. Last Saturday it opened late, no football tv and no heating! It's all happened very quickly. So, Trees or Foxes rumours or lies re United, City or Bin Dippers etc. have dried up. Very sad!

Back
Top Bottom