Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oh FFS... Just what we needed now, Villa doing bits!
Remember everyone panicking when Everton signed James Rodriguez. Didn’t work out well for them.

I’m not saying we are any better. Just it’s seems Villa’s strategy is the same as Everton’s was, throwing money around and names etc. Barring another Watkins purple patch they are just a mid table side.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I won’t claim to watch Madrid super regular, but the past two seasons he’s been solid for them despite not being a regular starter.

22/23 - 18 starts out of 50, 12g + 8a, Goal contribution every 98 mins

21/22 - 23 starts out of 42, 12g + 2a, Goal contribution every 150 mins

Total - 41 starts out of 92, 24g + 10a, Goal contribution every 119 mins

Only 27, wages will probably be very high though. If he does sign, It’s not conference that has got Villa this either as he could easily join another team with UCL if he wanted on a free - It’s having Emery + owners that are willing to back him.
Stats look good, but tbf so did Sarabia’s

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember everyone panicking when Everton signed James Rodriguez. Didn’t work out well for them.

I’m not saying we are any better. Just it’s seems Villa’s strategy is the same as Everton’s was, throwing money around and names etc. Barring another Watkins purple patch they are just a mid table side.
Except our overspend over the last year or so is higher than theirs. What have we done but throw big money on names?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard Ait Nori was dropped due him having pleasantries with another players wife.....dont shoot the messenger.
The rumour I've heard about RAN and why he's been out of the team is nowhere near as sordid.

I don't want to repeat it online, because if true I have sympathy for him and don't want to help spread what would be a baseless rumour...

It's so far away from carrying on with a teammates missus though.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The rumour I've heard about RAN and why he's been out of the team is nowhere near as sordid.

I don't want to repeat it online, because if true I have sympathy for him and don't want to help spread what would be a baseless rumour...

He's signed for the baggies?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By this do you mean Villa have offered him terms alongside a load of other clubs including PSG?

He hasn't gone anywhere yet as far as I can see
He hasn’t, but the attempts they are making and the calibre of player they are trying to get does show a marked difference in what we did when we got into the Europa league.

We were a better team than they are now, so we had an amazing launch pad to achieve great things, but the powers that be fumbled the bag big time.

Nuno built an incredible foundation and it is so sad to see all that he built and set up to built upon and kick on from just decay in front of us over the last few years.

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score

Don’t tease us like this!

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
He hasn’t, but the attempts they are making and the calibre of player they are trying to get does show a marked difference in what we did when we got into the Europa league.

We were a better team than they are now, so we had an amazing launch pad to achieve great things, but the powers that be fumbled the bag big time.

Nuno built an incredible foundation and it is so sad to see all that he built and set up to built upon and kick on from just decay in front of us over the last few years.
But we made attempts at players out of our reach like Cancelo when we made the Europa League. If he goes to Villa fair play to them but the wording of the message saying Asensio to villa on a free is just baiting currently.

It's currently no more than us making offers for Ruben Dias and João Cancelo when we did.

As for us fumbling the bag big time from where Nuno built us to I completely agree. It's a shocking indictment of our higher management.

Hopefully Hobbs will continue to be a marked improvement

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we made attempts at players out of our reach like Cancelo when we made the Europa League. If he goes to Villa fair play to them but the wording of the message saying Asensio to villa on a free is just baiting currently.

It's currently no more than us making offers for Ruben Dias and João Cancelo when we did.

As for us fumbling the bag big time from where Nuno built us to I completely agree. It's a shocking indictment of our higher management.

Hopefully Hobbs will continue to be a marked improvement
Big thing is we pulled out of the Dias deal by all accounts and he was willing to join us. That shows a massive lack of foresight.

Like pulling out of the Botman deal too.

We have had two opportunities to sign players who have taken to the prem like ducks to water and didn’t pull the trigger on either.

Back
Top Bottom