Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
Very easy to nip onto the M6 from there. 90 mins to Old Trafford or the Etihad. Just saying...
This is the other theory if the School & House rumour are true, plus Wolves issuing the £70 million price tag.

Doesn’t want to disrupt the kids schooling and he only just over an hour from Manchester. This is more likely to be more believable than him staying at Wolves I suppose.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the other theory if the School & House rumour are true, plus Wolves issuing the £70 million price tag.

Doesn’t want to disrupt the kids schooling and he only just over an hour from Manchester. This is more likely to be more believable than him staying at Wolves I suppose.
I bloody hope not. Two clubs that l want Ruben nowhere near are ManUre and the Dippers.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I really wouldn’t want to do that commute everyday. It’s horrible with roadworks for miles and guaranteed traffic.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really wouldn’t want to do that commute everyday. It’s horrible with roadworks for miles and guaranteed traffic.
But plenty of people make similar commutes and worse. Footballers hardly have early starts or overfull weekly schedules. I am always amazed that they would bother moving house if staying in UK.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

And maybe Ruben wants to stay. 70m for him is a huge chunk which will put pretty much everyone off buying him.
Maybe Guo found some folding down the back of the sofa!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey, maybe we are funding Palinha with cash down the back of the sofa, and Neves is thinking ‘sod it, might as well play every week before the World Cup with likely international midfield partner. I’ll give it another year since Yanited are crap and Barca are skint’.

Can live in hope.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Kids are 1/3/5, so not really "settled" don't get the they don't want to disrupt kids theory, he will move at some stage the kids ain't gna stay in and around wolvo for next 15+years

17miles

Reaction score
I did that commute for 18 months, horrible journey and constant delays.
I ended up leaving home an hour early just to try and get in on time.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he bought a house with a helicopter pad in the garden?

*******s to a daily commute - I took a significant salary decrease so I didn't have to suffer one. My commute was theoretically 1hr. Usually 1.5 (each way) occasionally much longer.

3 hours a day (unpaid + fuel unpaid)

Time is money - so here's my back of a fag packet calculations

52 weeks of 5 working days = 260 days,
(minus 33 days B/H & leave = 227 days)
227 days x 3 hours commuting = 681 hours.

This equates to 28.36 FULL days
Or 91 work days (based on 7.5 hours per day) ...of unpaid travelling to and from work each year.

The average full time salary in the UK is £31,285 divided by 260 days = £120/day
(You'd need your head looking at to even consider such a commute on that salary)

Multiply £120 by 91 work days = £10,950. This is the value of your
redundant time spent travelling, it's without even factoring in travel costs, which are going through the roof.

Commutes are soul destroying. The inevitable Friday evening accident road closures. Crawling through bottlenecks.

Clearly none of this will effect Ruben but it does show that if you work full days and value time (home, hobbies, family, friends) then chasing the £ doesn't always make sense.

So to summarise - please stay Ruben. Commuting to work is crap.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour from The Mount. Leaving the Memorabilia fair on Sunday there was a Bugatti type car in the car park with a number plate of 12 OX. Maybe an injury prone player from Liverpool perhaps on his way ?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell to buy works if you have good buyers.
Who are our buyers ?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, too optimistic by far. Surprised nobody has added 2+2 together and realised it means Ruben and his wife are splitting up. :oops:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate was telling me last night we have a Portuguese starlet who scored a hat trick and an assist for the U-21s expected to be with us next season.

Sorry didn’t catch his name but sounded positive.

Think his name is...OIBAF AVLIS. :tonguewink:

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I commuted from Dudley to the Isle of Sheppey for 6 months back in the 80’s. That was horrendous
I commuted from Wolverhampton to Hereford for 18 months, before moving down here - was 120 round trip door to door everyday.
Had a 3 month old baby at the time when I started, and saw her for 30 mins every evening.
Wasn’t too bad during the summer months but was a nightmare in the winter. Remember one day it snowed heavily and took me best part of 5 hours to get home. In hindsight should have just booked a hotel that night :rolleyes:

that being said for £150k a week I’ll drive wherever you want me to :p

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves has 3 kids under 5, his Mrs isn’t taking a job doing anything. That’s as likely as Gazza getting a job in a gin distillery
Kids in childcare and a part time job for something to do during the day?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour from The Mount. Leaving the Memorabilia fair on Sunday there was a Bugatti type car in the car park with a number plate of 12 OX. Maybe an injury prone player from Liverpool perhaps on his way ?

Interesting. We tried to get him when we sold Jota but he said nope. True story. Apparently.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It's a Lamborghini Huracan.
Can't see anything on line to suggest he drives one. May be looking in wrong place.

Back
Top Bottom