Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for that, if we got €25m instead £ for Dendonker I’d be happy.

I’d be unsurprised by the Lopetgui rumour of true. He was the original first choice, we didn’t get him because of circumstances and the stars haven’t aligned since. Fosun do appear to be fairly ruthless with their managers and it doesn’t get leaked before it happens. Nuno left Porto in similar circumstances and Lambert had had a similar season to Bruno, highs and lows, and was talking about the following season. Likewise last season people had heard we’d spoken to Bruno but very few knew Nuno was gone until it happened, those that did and shared it were poo pooed.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be a good package of changes. Obviously I don't want Neves to go, but that's a given (hope the price is right).

Lopetegui would be great.
I can cope with the Neves sale just, due to inevitability and years of good service.
Selling Donk for a ridiculous fee would be a hell of a sweetener.
Having £80m and no midfielder that’s scared of the ball isn’t the worst foundation for a midfield rebuild.

SuziQ

Reaction score
I saw him and said girlfriend walking hand in hand through Bantock not long back. Both were smiley and she looked like she loved her surroundings.

I hope that is the case, what's not to love about Wolvo?

Isn't she moved over now?

I have no idea, I'm not stalking Neto or rummaging through his bins to try and find out. :p

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't get your knickers in a twist. There are no facts here. Only third hand rumours as passed on by a friend of mine (knows his stuff, normally what he hears is pretty close to the truth) and an acquaintance (in my experience, he's full of ****. Most of what he says about life, politics and football is total *******s) who have actually said the same things...

1. Lopetegui apparently in talks.

2. Neves leaving (that's pretty obvious).

3. Dendoncker to Lazio for £25M!!! (Unbelievable business if true).

4. Moutinho staying.

Sources - Staff at Compton and a beautician FFS (works for WAG's) lol just passing on what I heard.

I get rumours from mostly outside of English football. Forgive me the vagueness of that because I just want to state I'm absolutely NOT an ITK when it comes to Wolves. But I hear from press and staff elsewhere. And FWIW on 1. I've heard Newcastle want him and on 3. I've heard there are definitely two Italian clubs who want him. I've heard nothing lately on 2. and I agree with the general sentiment that he's probably leaving, but around the time news broke that he was being offered a new contract I was talking to a footballer who GUESSED that Neves would stay one more year because the World Cup being mid-season changes things, and why would Neves want to move now, start settling somewhere, then almost immediately have the World Cup. Whereas in a normal WC year he'd have a full season to bed in and settle at the new place first. But again, personally I agree with the pub rumor that he's going.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some meat on the bones of the Moutinho rumour - apparently he and his wife are very happy in the Midlands, they like that they can go places as a family and be recognised but left alone. They don't mind being stopped for selfies and a chat, but love that they're not mobbed.

I'm hoping the fact the child(ren) are in school here would be a factor in their decision and that they see some value in sticking around for them.

I read somewhere that one of his kids prefers it here to Monaco because there's more hobbies to pursue

The kids being settled and happy could be a huge factor. JM is financially set for life now so quality of family life should be priority

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
For those of you who, like me, keep having to go back to the original post to decipher the coded responses:

-----------Cut here-------------
1 = Lopitegui
2 = Neves
3 = Dendoncker
4 = Moutinho
5 = Neto's Girlfriend
------------Cut here------------

Press Crtl P and cut out and keep by your keyboard for future reference

Footnote Will all subsequent Pub scouted rumours follow the number sequence? e.g. Neto's Girlfriend is she confirmed as No. 5?

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs to be a permanent feature this
Much better than the in the know brigade,usually know nothing more like it
We can all quote from the myriad of click bait sites,so refreshing getting a real rumour or two from local sources,even if theres nothing in them eventually
Keep em coming :)

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those of you who, like me, keep having to go back to the original post to decipher the coded responses:

-----------Cut here-------------
1 = Lopitegui
2 = Neves
3 = Dendoncker
4 = Moutinho
5 = Neto's Girlfriend
------------Cut here------------

Press Crtl P and cut out and keep by your keyboard for future reference

Footnote Will all subsequent Pub scouted rumours follow in in the number sequence? e.g. Neto's Girlfriend is she confirmed as No. 5?
If she can play CM yes

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I read somewhere that one of his kids prefers it here to Monaco because there's more hobbies to pursue

The kids being settled and happy could be a huge factor. JM is financially set for life now so quality of family life should be priority

The thing I've heard about Moutinho (a year ago, not linked to this summer) is that happiness is important to him, his family is important to him, community is important to him (he and his partner did a LOT to help people back home during the pandemic) but that he also genuinely still wants to win things. He wants to win every game. So if Wolves are still ticking all those boxes for him, I don't see a reason he'd leave. If they're not, maybe he'd want to move on.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice one. I hear a few snippets now and then that would be more relevant for a 'down the pub' thread than pretending to be an ITK that gets pelters. So would be good for this to stay.

Lopetegui would be quite exciting. Never thought I'd want a manager that scratches his armpit and sniffs multiple times during games but our Bruno isn't the most inspiring on the sidelines either.

Shame about Ruben but we all kinda know it's coming.

As for Dendoncker, if we get decent money then fair enough, but think we'll struggle to find a third or fourth choice centre mid who's better and also happy to sit on the bench without moaning.

Moutinho must be a sub next season. If we're starting with him in August, that means we haven't replaced Neves and Dendoncker adequately, so lord help us.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you spread the cost for him, ( £5 and wages ), over the time of his service, then it’s peanuts for the quality he has brought.
After all, we got him for a song in the first place.
Obviously he doesn't have the potential of Neves but he's been the better of the two. Illustrated by his POTS award.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing I've heard about Moutinho (a year ago, not linked to this summer) is that happiness is important to him, his family is important to him, community is important to him (he and his partner did a LOT to help people back home during the pandemic) but that he also genuinely still wants to win things. He wants to win every game. So if Wolves are still ticking all those boxes for him, I don't see a reason he'd leave. If they're not, maybe he'd want to move on.
I also wonder whether he’ll move into coaching and be involved in that side of things at Wolves.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great thread and agree ‘Rumours from the pub’ thread needs to stay, as this thread needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, and no-one claims to be ITK.

my two pub rumours are…
1. Hwang apparently is already gone. Despite us buying him in January.
2. Wolves will listen to offers from Newcastle for Coady.

like i say, totally bull**** probably, but thats what i heard down the pub.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can cope with the Neves sale just, due to inevitability and years of good service.
Selling Donk for a ridiculous fee would be a hell of a sweetener.
Having £80m and no midfielder that’s scared of the ball isn’t the worst foundation for a midfield rebuild.

Though if Moutinho leaves too, we will have literally "no midfielder". Is 5-0-5 the future?

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some meat on the bones of the Moutinho rumour - apparently he and his wife are very happy in the Midlands, they like that they can go places as a family and be recognised but left alone. They don't mind being stopped for selfies and a chat, but love that they're not mobbed.

I'm hoping the fact the child(ren) are in school here would be a factor in their decision and that they see some value in sticking around for them.
Neves likes that too. He loves the area. Thats why he is emotional about leaving

SuziQ

Reaction score
Great thread and agree ‘Rumours from the pub’ thread needs to stay, as this thread needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, and no-one claims to be ITK.

my two pub rumours are…

Even though it may be complete rubbish, I'll be very happy if the first of those is true!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Though if Moutinho leaves too, we will have literally "no midfielder". Is 5-0-5 the future?
Well, I've seen many a match down the Mol where the defence did little other than boot the ball with full force to the strikers, and the midfielders would be subbed after an hour, all suffering from stiff necks.

Could be Bruno's new attacking masterstroke?

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
id absolutely keep Joao based on a significant wage/playing reduction and maybe segway into a coaching role providing 1-2-1 support to Cundle, Perry, Griffiths et al

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I knew about Neves ages ago said about he will have to leave people didn’t really understand the self sufficient model

Coady to Newcastle would be good for the club while he has a sell on fee

One of Semedo or Jonny to be sold?

Moutinho would be a good player coach would he accept that role? Talks ongoing

Dendoncker to Lazio for £25M - on the lap of honour it looked like he was waving the fans goodbye to me!!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The Dendoncker fee of twenty five million is not as crazy as it sounds!

How much would we expect to pay for a current Belgium International?

Wouldn't expect to pay £25M for a majority of that squad.

If Joao stays should be on a massively reduced contract and he shouldn't be a regular starter short of injuries

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just add a bit of info on point 2 (heard from a work colleague who has a contact) - when he was injured, Neves and Mendes attended a meeting in a hotel in Liverpool with representatives from an interested club (no idea which one).

Same source also told me the reason Neto isn't performing to his best is because he's very frustrated that the bird he's dating in Portugal doesn't want to move to Wolverhampton and he wants to be with her.
Bloomin Everton again! Guess he'll join up with Traore as they spunk another £160m on players!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive heard Coady to Everton (if they avoid the drop).

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you sure he didn't miss out a decimal point in Dendoncker's fee?
Well, he is a reasonable player and all that, but not he is worth 2,5 billion.

Oh...million... I get it now ;)

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

my two pub rumours are…

That would be like a club buying a player that's been on loan and then selling them within a week for more money to a third club. And we all know that would never happen!

Back
Top Bottom