Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rules of the game?

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m watching the **** v Chelsea game and have just seen Silva sent off for a reckless challenge. What I’m interested in though is when is it a foul and when is it not if the ball has been played? Earlier in the same game I think it was Werner put a cross in but was caught in the penalty area nothing given. Silva’s challenge was made after the ball had been played. The same situation with our game against the shot for their 1st penalty when Robinson had already played the ball but a penalty was given. Anyone care to explain the rules to me as I just don’t get it anymore.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody gets it.
If you see a dog earred rug do you purposely go and trip over it? No.
If you see a trailing leg that you can easily jump over after the ball has gone do you purposely make contact and fall to the floor? Yes.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i am pretty sure every decision is made at var hq and related ti the refs earpiece, with decisions made by throwing a blunt dart at a dart board.
A foul being given if it hits an odd number, with it being changed to a foul for the other side if it hits in treble 1.

A further variation for penalties is, if one of the big clubs a penalty is awarded if the dart stays in the board, and can land anywhere, the outer board included even if it goes into the wall.
smaller club gets a penalty if the dart thrown is a bounce out, but only of it fails to stick into the floor.

Last edited:

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i am pretty sure every decision is made at var hq and related ti the refs earpiece, with decisions made by throwing a blunt dart at a dart board.
A foul being given if it hits an odd number, with it being changed to a foul of it hits in treble 1.

A further variation for penalties is, if one of the big clubs a penalty is awarded if the dart stays in the board, and can land anywhere, the outer board included even if it goes into the wall.
smaller club gets a penalty if the dart thrown is a bounce out, but only of it fails to stick into the floor.
It’s the only explanation.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
I’m watching the **** v Chelsea game and have just seen Silva sent off for a reckless challenge. What I’m interested in though is when is it a foul and when is it not if the ball has been played? Earlier in the same game I think it was Werner put a cross in but was caught in the penalty area nothing given. Silva’s challenge was made after the ball had been played. The same situation with our game against the shot for their 1st penalty when Robinson had already played the ball but a penalty was given. Anyone care to explain the rules to me as I just don’t get it anymore.
Has to be some allowance for fouls after the balls played otherwise it would be mayhem.

You could wait for someone to take a shot and once the ball has gone then slide in with 2 feet from behind.

Wandering_Wolf93

Reaction score
I've not seen the incidents you are referring to but generally referees are more lenient when it comes to a defender trying to block a shot in the box and tend not to give the penalty if they get the shot off unless it clear the defender has just wiped out the striker.
The boly foul was a foul hes tried to make the tackle the striker passed the ball and boly caught him. Still not seen footage which convinces me it was in the box though.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many many years ago I passed an FA course which included knowing the rules.

I don't have a clue anymore.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Many many years ago I passed an FA course which included knowing the rules.

I don't have a clue anymore.
As a kid I used to have Shoot! magazine and there was a ‘You’re the ref’ section where various scenarios were described and you had to adjudicate it. I was pretty good at it back then. These days a fart in the area would result in a penalty.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All depends on the day of the week, direction your team is kicking and the refs ego

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
At least nobody has saiald 'laws' yet.

Harping back to my previous rant, nothing is clearer than Kane v Cash. Run away from the ball to trip over a leg. To be fair today Silva should have been sent off for a DOGSO after 2 mins.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a kid I used to have Shoot! magazine and there was a ‘You’re the ref’ section where various scenarios were described and you had to adjudicate it. I was pretty good at it back then. These days a fart in the area would result in a penalty.

It could clear the penalty area...

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These days a fart in the area would result in a penalty.
It could certainly clear a crowded penalty area when I played.

Come to think of it, the strength of the opposition's wind could be the reason why we always have so few players in the penalty box.

Back
Top Bottom