Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Roy Hodgson

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Can't find this on another thread. Palace manager Roy Hodgson fell ill during training this morning and is now in hospital, thankfully stable.

The rumour was that he was going to be replaced today. I am sure this incident is totally unrelated, but it is a sad way to finish. However, probably another reason to call time on his position at Palace. Hopefully he will fully recover. Best wishes to Roy.

Crystal Palace boss Hodgson stable in hospital - Crystal Palace boss Hodgson stable in hospital

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I quite like Palace as a club, always feels like they've got good community links and as the main force in South London they must have so much potential. The ground is 'characterful' (OK a bit ****, but not soulless). This looks so bad on them though, but if they were about to sack him and he fell ill and they've delayed the announcement, but it's got out anyway, hard to know what they could do?

Anyway hope Roy is OK, as I said the other day, whatever his connections to that lot, he's a true football man and a good guy.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
To be fair to Palace they haven't officially announced it yet. It was all going to through today but they obviously had to cancel the announcement out of respect after this unexpectedly happened. Fabrizio Romano obviously knows it's all in place and has leaked the news. If anything, it's poor judgement and disrespful by him

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
To be fair to Palace they haven't officially announced it yet. It was all going to through today but they obviously had to cancel the announcement out of respect after this unexpectedly happened. Fabrizio Romano obviously knows it's all in place and has leaked the news. If anything, it's poor judgement and disrespful by him
I think this is exactly what happened
Awkward for palace now

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
A thoroughly decent, proper football man. Came down to run a training session at our local club a couple of years back and was so generous with his time and knowledge.

Hated having someone who I liked and respected so much as Albion boss.

Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally I can't stand Palarse ... they always seemed to manage to do what we couldn't do; they always beat us; often beat us badly; every time I've been at their place I've found myself behind a slab of concrete and can't see much [in fact probably no bad thing given the previous points]; their place is a pain to get to and from; Zaha.

However, I'm very fond of Roy Hodgson. Even with his Boggies connection.

So - shame on you, Palarse.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Dignity. Hope they get relegated eagle poo poo

Given everything will have been agreed yesterday, what would you have them do? They've presumably held off on the announcement, but beyond that their hands are pretty tied.

Maybe they should pretend it hadn't happened until he gets out of hospital? Or pretend it hasn't happened and wait until they lose another game before doing it?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given everything will have been agreed yesterday, what would you have them do? They've presumably held off on the announcement, but beyond that their hands are pretty tied.

Maybe they should pretend it hadn't happened until he gets out of hospital? Or pretend it hasn't happened and wait until they lose another game before doing it?
He came out of retirement to bail their asses out last season when they were in deep trouble. The very least that they could do is treat him with respect as a result. I wish them relegation.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he recovers quickly and calls it a day from the football management circus - he doesn’t need the hassle and has more than earned his rest.
Agreed. I hope that Colin looks at what has happened too....

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ungrateful those palace fans.

25000 average attendance, mid table is as good as they can expect much like us.

If they force him out they will join the likes of Charlton and Curbishley, Bolton and Allardyce. Others I can't recall.

Get well soon Woy.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He came out of retirement to bail their asses out last season when they were in deep trouble. The very least that they could do is treat him with respect as a result. I wish them relegation.
There's worse out there than Palace, given Roy's illness happened after it had been leaked that he'd already been effectively sacked.

Forest, Brentford, Everton

That's my dream relegation trio - though unlikely to happen.

2025 can see Bournemouth, Palace and Villa go down. I think the last on that list are in for a big shock when waving goodbye to Emery and two good players.

Back
Top Bottom