Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ron Flowers - alive and well.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he the oldest surviving Wolves player? I had a look online a few weeks ago I think he was the oldest I could find. Are there any older Wolves players still with us?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fond memories of Ron playing for the Wolves and Telford.

One of three (player-) managers of Telford from the 1966 World Cup squad, and for me the best of them.

Power, drive, you name it he had it. What would we give for a Ron Flowers in our midfield today?

Edit: International class central defender AND international class central midfielder. That's how good a player Ron was.

Last edited:

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is the oldest. The only two still going strong that come near are Colin Booth, who is 86 and Bobby Mason, 85

Although not a regular this chap is 90.
Glad he finally got his medal.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does he still own the sports shop in the City centre? If so does he still work in there? Back in the day he certainly did so and if not busy was often up for a football chat.
I think the shop is still in Queen Street WW.

Ron‘s son (I think) is in charge.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Although not a regular this chap is 90.
Glad he finally got his medal.
He must be the oldest. According to "Wolves: The Complete Record", he played 8 league games in 53-4 (includng the first three games of the season), all at inside-forward (that is, either as No 8 or 10) and didn't score any goals.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does he still own the sports shop in the City centre? If so does he still work in there? Back in the day he certainly did so and if not busy was often up for a football chat.
I remember being taken in to meet the great man as a nipper. He was always a gent, signing autographs etc. Confirmed me as a lifelong Wolves supporter

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was also manager of Northampton Town 1968/9 who played at Northampton Cricket County Ground at the time (terraces on 3 sides only, with temporary seats on the 4th side).

Great man on and off the field - great is an overused word but deservedly so for Ron.

Happy birthday and very many more.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God bless you Ron - an absolutely brilliant player for us - truly one of the legends. Huge happy birthday.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Ron. A true Wolves legend. I still remember your tremendous goal from a good 35 yards against Burnley in '65.
I remember it too. Last game of the season when we went down. I also remember a very similar one of his in happier times: the 3rd one out of 9 against Fulham on a warm Wednesday evening in September1959: absolute pile driver into the top corner from about 35 yards. Happy Birthday, me mon!

Back
Top Bottom