Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ron Baynham RIP

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Former Luton Town and England goalkeeper Ron Baynham has died at the age of 94.

Baynham made 434 appearances for the Hatters, arriving in 1951 and playing his last game for them in 1965.

He earned three international caps and Luton Town said he was England's oldest surviving international player at the time of his death.

I remember him well from the fifties.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember him well. We played Luton at the end of the 58-59 season when we were already nailed on Champions of England. In fact the game v Luton was the game we clinched the title IIRC. Luton played a weakened side because a few days later they were due to play Notts Forest in the FA Cup Final. at Wembley. Anyway, Wolves annihilated them 5-0. It could easily have been 10-0 but for Ron Baynham The headline on the back page of the Sunday Express was:

WOLVES 5 BAYNHAM 0!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was offered a trial with us but turned it down and went to Worcester City instead.

binners

Reaction score
I remember him well. We played Luton at the end of the 58-59 season when we were already nailed on Champions of England. In fact the game v Luton was the game we clinched the title IIRC. Luton played a weakened side because a few days later they were due to play Notts Forest in the FA Cup Final. at Wembley. Anyway, Wolves annihilated them 5-0. It could easily have been 10-0 but for Ron Baynham The headline on the back page of the Sunday Express was:

WOLVES 5 BAYNHAM 0!
I was at that game too. I remember playing in Cyprus while in the army in 69/70 and his son was playing too although he never really liked football.

Back
Top Bottom