Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Romaine Sawyers

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not often that I like to talk about them lot down the road, but just saw that Romaine Sawyers has been subject to racist abuse from one of their own fans. Absolutely vile behaviour. Can't believe this is happening in 2020. I hope no Wolves fans do this to any of our players - or any player for that matter.

Edit: Just realised it is 2021...i must now admit that I'm a time traveller and got confused regarding where I am.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Not often that I like to talk about them lot down the road, but just saw that Romaine Sawyers has been subject to racist abuse from one of their own fans. Absolutely vile behaviour. Can't believe this is happening in 2020. I hope no Wolves fans do this to any of our players - or any player for that matter.
It’s 2021
but agreed same had just happened with Man Utd fans after losing to Sheffield Utd

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly there was an incident at Molineux a season or two ago. An AH in the SBU, near to where l sit, was convicted of racially abusing Tammy Abraham.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly there was an incident at Molineux a season or two ago. An AH in the SBU, near to where l sit, was convicted of racially abusing Tammy Abraham.
Ah yes, now that you mention it, I do remember this. I think it was 2 fans who were convicted, if I remember correctly?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're no different to them in this regard. Thankfully most people will stand up now and tell them to shut the F up or get a steward, would've been impossible 20 years ago.
Football is probably just the same as the rest of society for racism.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah it was just one bloke. I'm glad to read that people testified against him. I've been going to the Mol for years and never seen anything like this.
I remember some pretty bloody awful behaviour in Watford town centre a few years ago sadly. Racist chants etc.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah it was just one bloke. I'm glad to read that people testified against him. I've been going to the Mol for years and never seen anything like this.
Lucky you,

Luton away in the FA Cup a good 25-50% of our away end (an away end made up of STH's and AST's only so no 'it was the non regulars' excuse) sang racist songs.

More recently there was a fair bit of racist/pro Tommy Robinson songs being song around Leicester and on a train prior/post to our game there. Various reports on here and witnessed (and called out) it myself.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think its easy (especially for the main stream media) to just label it a football problem though. Its clearly not!

Is someone sending abuse on social media who may have never even been to a football match automatically considered a football supporter?

Remember it turned out most (if not all) those 'Wolves fans' who were racially abusing Troy Deeney on twitter turned out to be Mexicans who you were more Raul fans than actual Wolves supporters.

Social media reflects society even if the subjects football it rarely reflects the match going supporters.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet some would have you believe this still isn't an issue. Crazy to think that in 2021, we still have this.
And sadly, despite not having a whole season with fans, arrests for "racist and indecent chanting" at games doubled last season compared to the previous one (and as a % of all arrests actually tripled).

Last edited:

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lucky you,

Luton away in the FA Cup a good 25-50% of our away end (an away end made up of STH's and AST's only so no 'it was the non regulars' excuse) sang racist songs.

More recently there was a fair bit of racist/pro Tommy Robinson songs being song around Leicester and on a train prior/post to our game there. Various reports on here and witnessed (and called out) it myself.
That's really shocking to hear!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll still have this issue in 2031 unfortunately. It’s near impossible to stamp it out.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An Albion supporting friend of mine says that Sawyers is that bad he wouldn't even wish him on Wolves. And despite the player not being popular among Albion fans, that does not excuse such behaviour.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

If something racist has taken place it’s despicable and has no place in today’s society.
What has been said before complete condemnation as all the info so far I have is a post by the OP.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If something racist has taken place it’s despicable and has no place in today’s society.
What has been said before complete condemnation as all the info so far I have is a post by the OP.
I think of a racist more as a scourge on society , akin to a drug dealer, or a corrupt business man ,rather than part of our society.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reported a post on here after the albion game for racism and the poster was banned for a month. It's still very prevalent everywhere sadly and we're certainly no better than anyone else.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reported a post on here after the albion game for racism and the poster was banned for a month. It's still very prevalent everywhere sadly and we're certainly no better than anyone else.
Speak for yourself;):):cool: . The irony is it’s because people feel they are better than anyone else that is the route of racism.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think of a racist more as a scourge on society , akin to a drug dealer, or a corrupt business man ,rather than part of our society.
Sadly I do agree with those who say it remains part of society. It’s largely covered by a veneer of decency but events of actions which highlight racial differences quickly reveals how thin the veneer is in places. It is not just black vs white, it’s manifold and often bidirectional. Losing a football game being just one example.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly I do agree with those who say it remains part of society. It’s largely covered by a veneer of decency but events of actions which highlight racial differences quickly reveals how thin the veneer is in places. It is not just black vs white, it’s manifold and often bidirectional. Losing a football game being just one example.
Oh agree you could say everyone is a racist and be right.
But there is human nature and abhorrent behaviour .
Go to any part of the world and find a society that is non racist. Impossible.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed to some extent. The important thing to me is society making it damned clear that it's unacceptable.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speak for yourself;):):cool: . The irony is it’s because people feel they are better than anyone else that is the route of racism.

I don't think that's the full story. It's that they feel better than anyone else based "purely on the circumstances of their birth", with skin colour being the most obvious aspect. People who are genuinely better than others at anything you can think of ... I don't think that is the route to racism.

Presumably most of us, deep down believe that "we are the good guys" and that it's "the others" who cause the problems. But most of us are not racist/sexist/whatever-ist.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think that's the full story. It's that they feel better than anyone else based "purely on the circumstances of their birth", with skin colour being the most obvious aspect. People who are genuinely better than others at anything you can think of ... I don't think that is the route to racism.

Presumably most of us, deep down believe that "we are the good guys" and that it's "the others" who cause the problems. But most of us are not racist/sexist/whatever-ist.
Like this vile git who thinks that his skin colour makes him superior. Whatever your views of the current Home Secretary his comments are appalling. Glad to see that he was promptly moved out of football....

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Phycologists would differ . It is human nature to want to feel different than others ,regardless if you are rich or poor , Japanese or Scottish, a Wolves supporter or a Villa supporter, you identify yourself and then feel better . I have seen very poor people in other parts of the world be racist about other poor people, and rich being racist against rich. If we don’t understand it we can’t stop it. People use it .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member yltz11841

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good!

Sadly Chelsea reporting Reece James has had similar crap.

D

Deleted member 11157

Phycologists would differ . It is human nature to want to feel different than others ,regardless if you are rich or poor , Japanese or Scottish, a Wolves supporter or a Villa supporter, you identify yourself and then feel better . I have seen very poor people in other parts of the world be racist about other poor people, and rich being racist against rich. If we don’t understand it we can’t stop it. People use it .

Always a desire to offend (and it's easy to do that) but using somebody elses colour should be met with the law ( And it works both ways)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Name and shame the cretin. Thankfully 99% people appalled by this.
If and when charges are made l agree. Would be harsh to name now only to find that no charges follow - arguably smearing an "innocent" (until proven guilty) person. I wouldn't want to be labelled a racist potentially unfairly.

R

reanswolf

Sadly I agree.
If people expect there to be no occurences of racist behaviour, they are sadly wrong.
Sadly again, the Sky policy of actively promoting BLM for instance, just adds fuel to the fire, because it is not educating people it is thrusting a view on people, and hence it is simply but inevitably becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Back
Top Bottom