Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Roberto Martinez

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roberto Martinez anyone?, if he feels he has come to the end with Belgium, he could be our equivalent of Rogers at Leicester. Good record in the prem, good style of play, can handle players and brings on younger talent. I don't know how this would sit with the Mendes angle though

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely no. He has no idea how to have a balanced side.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roberto Martinez anyone?, if he feels he has come to the end with Belgium, he could be our equivalent of Rogers at Leicester. Good record in the prem, good style of play, can handle players and brings on younger talent. I don't know how this would sit with the Mendes angle though

No. If you think our defending is bad now, wait until Martinex gets involved.

His achievements with Belgium have been masked by the fact he has world class players at his disposal.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing hell, if defending this season was shambolic under Nuno it ain't gonna get much better under Martinez!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we really have to start a new thread for every manager we can name?

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way. Manager of the best international team in world football? No thank you.

While you're at it, can you remove Pep and Klopp from the list and tell the transfer market that we don't want de Bruyne because of his hair colour.

Cheers.

westside wolf

Reaction score
my heart skipped a beat for a moment there. Thank God this was just speculation.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. If you think our defending is bad now, wait until Martinex gets involved.

His achievements with Belgium have been masked by the fact he has world class players at his disposal.
Surely you could easily argue he’s failed miserably at Belgium considering their squad.
They finished 3rd in the World Cup, knocked out by the eventual winners, but hard to say France have a better squad than them, probably equal.

D

Deleted member 11332

Have you seen our defending this year? Now imagine us defending 10 x worse and you have a Roberto Martinez team.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It’s useful to have separate thread there’s not going to be that many

it’s no from me though

D

Deleted member 4456

He speaks English, he knows the league and he serves up attacking football even if his teams don't defend especially well. I wouldn't totally dismiss him out of hand.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like him.

We have the players to fit his system and I think he could make a more attacking version of what we already do.

I have concerns over us having a zero net spend and trying to completely change our style/formation.

Ideally spend £100M and have a really attack minded 4 at the back manager. But if that’s not possible Martinez could be perfect to take over this team.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way. Manager of the best international team in world football? No thank you.

While you're at it, can you remove Pep and Klopp from the list and tell the transfer market that we don't want de Bruyne because of his hair colour.

Cheers.

Even Dean Saunders could get a tune out of Belgium. They've got ridiculously good players. Look at what he did at Everton. Moyes had them set up well, and by the time he left they were a defensive joke, conceding 18 points from winning positions in his last season

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we really have to start a new thread for every manager we can name?
I agree, especially when Shi mightn’t even be considering them. However, others like multiple threads on some topics.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you seen our defending this year? Now imagine us defending 10 x worse and you have a Roberto Martinez team.

What about our attacking though? Our defence is whats kept us out the bottom 6. Our feeble attack has kept us out the top 8. Hang on, we've had this conversation before haven't we? :D

Leeds have let in more goals than us...they also have 14 more points. Newcastle have conceded 10 more. Pipped us a the post.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His teams don't defend very well apparently. Finished 5th with Everton in his first season conceding 39 goals. The third best defensive record in the prem that season. Awful!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, especially when Shi mightn’t even be considering them. However, others like multiple threads on some topics.

You can never have enough opportunities to turn it into: "It's all Semedo's fault ". Either that or: "if you don't like it, go and support Leeds".

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a big appointment, we need to consider all, opinions is what its about, just saying "no thanks" is not really helping anyone, give a few reasons.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess Belgium are ranked the number one team in Europe as a result if years of youth development in the country, which Roberto Martinez has nothing to do with. He has done okay managing them, but nothing more.
And then at a club level what has he done better than Chris Wilder?
He would also probably cost a bomb, and for the price isn't worth the gamble.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't partucalrly like the NUNO OUT thread after every defeat, do you think Jeff was influenced by that?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't partucalrly like the NUNO OUT thread after every defeat, do you think Jeff was influenced by that?
Short answer.....NO!
Nowadays all big businesses closely monitor social media regarding their brand and I’m sure Wolves are no different. However, football clubs know that there will always be some fans who are critical and they don’t pay them too much attention when deciding how to run a club.

I think Wolves falling in the table and getting closer to the vortex of relegation is what got Shi’s attention.
That would have been a major red flag to Fosun.

All the losing of games must have had some negative impact in the dressing room. How much? We don’t know but a good executive keeps an eye on things like that. Could this have been a factor? Who knows?

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Short answer.....NO!
Nowadays all big businesses closely monitor social media regarding their brand and I’m sure Wolves are no different. However, football clubs know that there will always be some fans who are critical and they don’t pay them too much attention when deciding how to run a club.

I think Wolves falling in the table and getting closer to the vortex of relegation is what got Shi’s attention.
That would have been a major red flag to Fosun.

All the losing of games must have had some negative impact in the dressing room. How much? We don’t know but a good executive keeps an eye on things like that. Could this have been a factor? Who knows?

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
have to agree with you, so to that end i don't see a problem with individual manager threads, they in themselves will come and go with the interest shown

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No thanks. Rafa has to be up there with other candidates such as Fonseca

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No thanks. Rafa has to be up there with other candidates such as Fonseca
Looks like its Laga Fonseca or Rafa, i would take one of the Portuguese, i don't think Rafa would work with Mendes calling the shots on players, Rafa is quick to blame the board for not getting his players in, that is not a criticism good for him but in our position at least all the Portuguese contingent would be working on the same sheet. I would hope quality proven players would come in with that manager and not potential, we already have enough young potential, we can't take a risk with the next move.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess Belgium are ranked the number one team in Europe as a result if years of youth development in the country, which Roberto Martinez has nothing to do with. He has done okay managing them, but nothing more.
And then at a club level what has he done better than Chris Wilder?
He would also probably cost a bomb, and for the price isn't worth the gamble.

Has done OK managing them but nothing more :tearsofjoy:

42 wins 8 draws 4 defeats in approaching five years not to mention a world cup semi final losing to the eventual champions. No doubt some clowns will say he should be winning the tournament because we all know how easy it is to win world cups eh? Oh and number one in the FIFA rankings since 2018.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always liked Martinez. Imo a humble man who is very much like Nuno. If he got it right the fans would love him. It's a yes from me.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got a feeling about Gattuso if I’m honest but that’s just a personal hunch he would be a yes man and bring his own style and players

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please NO!!!!! You need to think. Going from Nuno to him would almost be as bad as going from Mick to Clipboard!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has done OK managing them but nothing more :tearsofjoy:

42 wins 8 draws 4 defeats in approaching five years not to mention a world cup semi final losing to the eventual champions. No doubt some clowns will say he should be winning the tournament because we all know how easy it is to win world cups eh? Oh and number one in the FIFA rankings since 2018.
I'll stand by what I said.
Marc Wilmots also got them to world number one in 2016. He's available and would be cheaper and no more of a risk.

The reason for Belgium's no 1 status is because of the talented players they have, rather than the coach. That comes from years of investment in youth football, and a golden generation which is now in it's prime.
They've never blown me away watching them play. He's never won anything with them. I doubt he will.

Back
Top Bottom