Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Robert Pirez

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard on radio yesterday he has been released by V Real and training with Arsenal while hoping to get fixed up with a Prem club. As a free agent he is available to sign outside window, with our current lack of any creativity or supply in midfield we could do worse even if he is pushing 37.

T

TommyWilms

Even at 37 he d be better than anything else we have in terms of creativity

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now he was a good player. Doubt he could fly down the wing now but with his intelligence could play cm?

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But would he put in Le Sheeft

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pires was always quality at Arsenal but at 37 he must be past his best. That said, he could still be a great short term acquisition.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would any of you wanted him back on Aug 1st ? I think not :D
Funny how time changes

D

Doyle29

Get him in.

What a quality signing that would be.

Even at 37 he is lightyears better than the rest of our midfielders (maybe not Jarvis :D)

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have taken him in the blink of an eye and still would. A 67 year old Pires would be a better option than you-know-who down the right

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A 67 year old Pires eh......... How old is Kenny Hibbitt???

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have taken him in the blink of an eye and still would. A 67 year old Pires would be a better option than you-know-who down the right

Fully agree 100% you would be hard pushed to find a worse right sided midfield than what we have in the 2 top divisions.

D

Deleted member 3751

Haven't we already reached our squad limit until January?

Great player in his heyday though, if he was available to us he'd certainly be worth a look

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Haven't we already reached our squad limit until January?

Good point. How does it work with long term injuries like Guadiora. The Yanks have an injured reserve list in NFL for such occasions.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was watching the championship the other night and was watching Carlos Edwards and thought we could do with him atm, he was usefull with us when he reached his match fitness (all be it the championship). Any outlet on the right i would take atm.

M

MK Panther

Pires would show a degree of gravitas in the middle of the park, we are extremely poor, no excuses we have some real carthorses and that is down to the management seemingly fearful of skillful strong players in midfield. Henry is not skilful and needs to cut out the awkwardness, Jones is skillful but lightweight, Edwards and Halford are symptomatic of the mistakes that are being made, nobody else would want these players but they play a major part in our squad and first team.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching the championship the other night and was watching Carlos Edwards and thought we could do with him atm, he was usefull with us when he reached his match fitness (all be it the championship). Any outlet on the right i would take atm.

I noted his performances too. Not sure he'd have been the answer but he'd have been a darn site better than Halford or Edwards

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it would be great short term acquisition and would make our midfield a lot better than we have at present.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As my old dad says..."son, there's a reason racehorses don't pull carts and why a shirehorse has never won the Derby"

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perez Hilton would be better than any of the crap we currently have in our midfield at present.

With regards to Pires, heard a rumour yesterday that Blues were interested in giving him a short term deal.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With regards to Pires, heard a rumour yesterday that Blues were interested in giving him a short term deal.

Why does that not surprise me?? :rolleyes:

We should drive down to London, kidnap him & sit him infront of McCarthy.

Too much of a big personality for our Mick though, it will never happen.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you lot for real? Do you honestly think Pires is the kind of player MM would look at? Far too skilful and unsettling for his mindset, and foreign into the bargain.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too much of a big personality for our Mick though, it will never happen.

And there my friend, I think you have encapsulated the trouble with Mick in a single sentence, and why, though he may achieve limited success, his teams will never be great. He feels threatened by players he cannot dominate, especially if they are very skilful.

F

FLEET WOLF

I think he would be a decent short term signing, but the chances are he will want to be in and around London, so Fulham, probably.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Concur with all thoughts on why we should but won't even consider going for him......Mick confuses effort with achievement

W

we8wba

absolutely no chance of him coming here

will either go to london (i've heard qpr, but likely other destination would be fulham) or he will go where the $$$ is ie birmingham, sunderland

were not prepared to pay big wages nor is wolverhampton is on top 10 destinations for foreigners

so with neither money or destination in our favour....we're barking up the wrong tree

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
absolutely no chance of him coming here

will either go to london (i've heard qpr, but likely other destination would be fulham) or he will go where the $$$ is ie birmingham, sunderland

were not prepared to pay big wages nor is wolverhampton is on top 10 destinations for foreigners

so with neither money or destination in our favour....we're barking up the wrong tree

Location is not the issue as he could live in the same place whether he played for us or Brum.

Wages possibly. However at the minute the way we are going we would lose tens of millions by getting relegated so a little short term gamble on someone like Pires is naff all really in the grand scheme of things.

No way would MM pick someone like him though above the likes of Edwards and Ward etc.

R

RedWolf

I'm not convinced that he's the right signing for Wolves at this time. I think we're all remembering him from the Arsenal days 7-8 years ago and forgetting he's 37, looking for one last payday and will probably have to be made our top earner. No doubt he did have class but has anyone seen him play recently? Clubs don't let players go for no reason.

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
59 & please don't mention him in the same breath as Pirez

Why not?

Kenny is a Wolves legend no doubt. But Pires is a World Cup and European Championship winner, and has appeared in a Champions League final.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you've only been a Wolves supporter for a few seasons haven't you? Therefore you'd have never seen Kenny play?

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for pires read darren anderton.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

He's bloody awful these days. Once a player has shot it at the top level, they've shot it at all other levels. Case in point: Edger Davids.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's bloody awful these days. Once a player has shot it at the top level, they've shot it at all other levels. Case in point: Edger Davids.

Played the best part of 40 games last season and had a reasonable campaign. Certainly a gazillion times better than Edwards.

Back
Top Bottom