Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rob Edwards - Sacked

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sketchy results, sketchy performances, only ever getting one outcome at Watford with things going like that

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sketchy results, sketchy performances, only ever getting one outcome at Watford with things going like that
Basically the club cannot decide what sort of manager they want it seems .

We go from one sort to another every time .

They probably should have gone for a Bilic type of manager if the board wanted an instant impact rather than a young manager with a years worth of management experience.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with testing yourself at a higher level should have waited for a less dipstick club to come in for him though
Agreed.

Every manager that joins Watford goes in there knowing the outcome.

That’s why I think some of them just take the job for the inevitable pay-off.

HMRC should introduce a special windfall tax just for outgoing managers of Watford FC. :D

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rob Edwards always seemed like a good lad, guess he had his head turned (agent infuence?) Hope he gets a chance somewhere else.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They have fans? I think not.
They aren't a real club are they? I couldn't even tell you where they were based other than the bit of Gloucestershire where noone lives.
Every job is a step up from that one.
Ha! This is my hometown, and I'll have you know there are several people living around there.

I'll admit the number halved when I left, but have some manners, why dontcha :~}

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was Rob Edwards was being professionally naive or financially astute when he took that job?
I reckon managers take it knowing full-well they'll get fired after 10/15 games and then walk away with a payoff.
Why else would they take it?
It's like free money.

He was doing a great job at FGR, he should have stayed where he was.
I like him a lot and it is clearly a bonkers sacking considering their points return and all the upheaval around the club. I hope he finds another club soon and carries on his good work.

Hard to argue against Bilic as a replacement though, I’d be surprised if they didn’t go up.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watford fans forum has plenty who are not bothered that he’s been sacked, although they are also resigned to the club being a managerial merry-go-round. Thought he was a bit meh and would end up a middling Championship team.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watford fans forum has plenty who are not bothered that he’s been sacked, although they are also resigned to the club being a managerial merry-go-round. Thought he was a bit meh and would end up a middling Championship team.
Tbh a lot of the sackings themselves haven’t been criticised that much but the question is have the just made the wrong appointment in the first place .

Seem to be all over the place with our recruiting- gone from random overseas unknowns like Munoz and Ivic to 2 old school managers in Ranieri and Hodgson then to a young British bloke from League Two.

Going by the statement from the owner he seems to say it simply wasn’t good enough but Edwards was a young manager with just one season of management experience- surely they knew he would need time ?

Edwards did seem to have a connection with the fans too that other previous managers haven’t so there is more disappointment now .

And fans are asking is it worth supporting Bilic knowing unless he wins most of the games and has us pushing for promotion he’ll be gone in weeks?

Back
Top Bottom