Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rob Edwards - Sacked

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
Not the whole story, but they are 1 point off the playoffs and 6 points off 2nd. With 36 games to play.

Edwards probably had longer than they wanted, surely they put off announcing this until after all the national mourning.

W

WasStefan

on course for 64pts, play off numbers. Watford are a crazy club

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've rarely known a club to get through so many managers/coaches as Watford.
I'd love to know how much that club has paid out in compensation over the past few years.

The initials on the coaches traing gear must be held on with a safety pin so they can be easily removed when the next incumbent arrives.

Last edited:

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
edwards went for the money. he will need to start all over again now. watford are not a club i would join

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
Was Rob Edwards was being professionally naive or financially astute when he took that job?
I reckon managers take it knowing full-well they'll get fired after 10/15 games and then walk away with a payoff.
Why else would they take it?
It's like free money.

He was doing a great job at FGR, he should have stayed where he was.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Billic is available you obviously take him over Edwards.

Appointing him in the first place was madness. But that be Watford.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Was Rob Edwards was being professionally naive or financially astute when he took that job?
I reckon managers take it knowing full-well they'll get fired after 10/15 games and then walk away with a payoff.
It's like free money.

Nothing wrong with testing yourself at a higher level should have waited for a less dipstick club to come in for him though

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watford pay out more for sacking managers than they do for buying players!

I was surprised he got the Watford job in the first place after one successful season in League 2 with FGR.

It amazes me how any decent career minding manager would want to go to a irrational, unstable club like Watford. It must be because they know a big payoff awaits after a couple of months.

God knows what the players think, having to get used to a new manager with new playing styles, tactics etc every few months!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's like free money.

Really?
You would rather stay at Forest Green than Watford?
I know which one is more likely to play top division football any time soon. Forest Green have been taken as far as they can realistically get.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really?
You would rather stay at Forest Green than Watford?
I know which one is more likely to play top division football any time soon. Forest Green have been taken as far as they can realistically get.
Agreed. I would guess that Vince will pull out of the club soon. I would also guess that their fans will be glad to get back to real food.:D

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I met Rob once and he was actually a very nice person. However, by all accounts the way he left Forest Green was pretty bad. Plus, going to Watford with their reputation for hire and fire!? Utter madness!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. I would guess that Vince will pull out of the club soon. I would also guess that their fans will be glad to get back to real food.:D
They have fans? I think not.
They aren't a real club are they? I couldn't even tell you where they were based other than the bit of Gloucestershire where noone lives.
Every job is a step up from that one.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m all for managers backing themselves to be a success at a higher level but this was an idiotic move by Edwards here and it’s massively backfired like it was always going to. Literally any other club and he may have had a shot of it being a good decision or an educated risk. This was just career suicide.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For however much the football world collectively clutch pearls at Watford's approach. It does work for them. Would anyone be surprised if Bilic gets them promoted again? Realistically this is the best it's ever going to get for them. The insufferable ****s.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see Bilic has been given an 18 month contract, surely an 18 week contract would have been more sensible
With some of out fans they’ll want him out in a few weeks if we don’t win every game

Our owners are mad and impatient but tbh there were a few wanting Edwards out as well as the football wasn’t good etc .

Probably the same ones complaining we have sacked another manager and don’t give them time .

Seems the CEO wanted to back Edwards this time and actually sacked our DoF last week but the Pozzos have stepped in and for whatever reason reversed the decision and sacked Edwards instead !

We always seem to have someone else lined up - this time it’s Bilic .

Maybe it’s time as many have suggested that the board look at themselves in terms of poor recruiting and being too quick to make changes then appoint someone worse !!

(Or sell up )

Back
Top Bottom