Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Right Wing - Blackpool Away

S

sy king

not sure if its been mentioned previously....

Kightly picked up his 5th booking of the season against Donny and is suspended for the Blackpool game....

i would imagine he would either play Dave Edwards or Mickey Gray...

i think Foley would be good a good option for one game, with Mancienne/Stearman RB.....

D

Deleted member 3751

Have Ward LM and stick Jarvis out there. Sounded like he did ok on Saturday when he came on (although I was half asleep trying to listen to it!)

J

jlovatt

Oh that´s interesting. I´d play Jarvis right wing and Ward left wing then.

J

jbarnettuk1984

It will be something really obvious.

Like -
Ward-Edwards-Henry-Jarvis
Or -
Jarvis-Edwards-Henry-Gray.

No real issue.

S

sy king

It will be something really obvious.

Like -
Ward-Edwards-Henry-Jarvis
Or -
Jarvis-Edwards-Henry-Gray.

No real issue.

forgot about ward playing left mid...

this probably mean that Jarvis wont start on boxing day... if MM plans that he will start against Blackpool

J

jbarnettuk1984

Agreed. Jarvis will be rested until Blackpool no doubt.

There's no point in risking him when we know we'll be without Kightly.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need Jarvis and Kightly if we are going to beat a tough Sheff U. Could take Jarvis off after 70 minutes or so. Ward is not a winger and boy do we need another decent winger in the squad to cover injuries/suspensions. Let's start off on the front foot against the bully boys.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a question on procedure, does a players booking clock get reset to zero after the suspension for 5 yellows, or is it a different range for yellows 6 and up?

B

Bertiewolf

restore Jones to central midfield move Edwards to the right wing

S

sy king

Just a question on procedure, does a players booking clock get reset to zero after the suspension for 5 yellows, or is it a different range for yellows 6 and up?

it gets reset in Feb/March

but if you get 10 bookings before then.. its a 2 match ban....

15 bookings before then... the FA would throw the book at you

W

WaltonOnTheHillWolf

Bertie - I agree - Jones in the Middle and Edwards out wide...

J

jbarnettuk1984

We need Jarvis and Kightly if we are going to beat a tough Sheff U. Could take Jarvis off after 70 minutes or so. Ward is not a winger and boy do we need another decent winger in the squad to cover injuries/suspensions. Let's start off on the front foot against the bully boys.
Do we? Why?

I seem to remember us beating them 3-1 the other week without Jarvis.

B

Brandons gramps

Given their recent perfomances, I'd say we need Jason Statham & Jet Li !

S

sy king

Do we? Why?

agreed... although we were quite fortunate in that game and did struggle with their physical and direct* style

*kicking the $$$$ out of us and lumping the ball into the box constantly...

J

jbarnettuk1984

agreed... although we were quite fortunate in that game and did struggle with their physical and direct* style

I know.

But its not imperative he starts. To be fair, i'd leave Jarvis on the bench against Sheff Utd of all teams. As you say, they like to kick the $$$$ into us - and i'd hate to see Jarvis come back only to have his leg broken by a reckless tackle.

This *may* be a game for Wards physical presence on the left instead.

E

Evolution Wolf

At least hes still here for the Sheff Utd game!
I thought the 1 game suspension started the next match.

With any luck our players wont get too badly battered around by their bully boys and we can come away with a similar result to last time.

For blackpool id give Jarvis a start and give him anything from 45-60 mins on the pitch and just play either Edwards or ward on the oposite wing.

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling Keogh will get the right wing berth for Blackpool......

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep Jarvis on the bench on Boxing day and start him against Blackpool with Mickey Gray in Kightly's role - not ideal bur should be good enough.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We struggled? Our goalkeeper was injured in the first half, Dave Edwards lasted 16 minutes Shackel played the second half with Foley in midfield. Jarvis wasn't fit. Any team would struggle in those circumstances.

Fortunate? Hardly, they scored 1 goal and we scored 3 despite the problems we had to overcome.

We don't need Jarvis to beat the best team in the division, we just need to go out with the team's hands tied behind their backs, blindfolded and their bootlaces tied to both boots.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Round pegs for round holes - stick Gratters on the right wing.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we? Why?

We are at our best with two flying wingers and having Jarvis takes the pressure off Kightly to be our one creative attacking source. Sheff U will be a tough nut to crack despite our last win against them and Ward is no winger.

Everyone is very keen to protect Jarvis which is fine after his lay off but if he is going to have to miss any 'rough' matches because he is considered too frail and injury prone then MM had better bring in a couple of wingers in January to make sure that we can continue to have a threat from both wings for the rest of this season. Suspensions and injuries to our wide men could seriously dent our prospects without proper cover.

J

jbarnettuk1984

We are at our best with two flying wingers and having Jarvis takes the pressure off Kightly to be our one creative attacking source. Sheff U will be a tough nut to crack despite our last win against them and Ward is no winger.

Everyone is very keen to protect Jarvis which is fine after his lay off but if he is going to have to miss any 'rough' matches because he is considered too frail and injury prone then MM had better bring in a couple of wingers in January to make sure that we can continue to have a threat from both wings for the rest of this season. Suspensions and injuries to our wide men could seriously dent our prospects without proper cover.
I get (and respect) your point mate.

And i agree we're better with 'two flying wingers'. But we already know Sheffield United will be a tough, physical game, because thats their style of play. Probably even more so after the spanking we handed out to them a few weeks ago after their players branded them 'the best squad in the division'.

However, all things considered, it's not a case of putting cotton wool around Jarvis and protecting him. We know we're without Kightly for Blackpool, and we know we're good enough to win without risking both our current wingers. Also add to the fact the type of game may well suit someone like Ward, and you have to ask yourself, why risk it?

If Jarvis were to get injured V Sheff Utd, and Kights is out of Blackpool, we won't have ANY winger.

Back
Top Bottom