Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Revised preseason

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just checking what dates Wolves are free to play now the Korea tour is cancelled. Stumbled upon this...

Where I assume it once said Roma v Wolves, it now reads Villa v Wolves July 29 with the venue TBD. Do they know something we don't? Are we "hijacking another tour where different clubs are congregated?

Villa are due to play Brentford in Maryland on July 30, so perhaps DC United at the same time?

Newcastle and Fulham are also on the east coast at that time too. Would seem a shame playing PL opposition but perhaps a more useful exercise than playing an MLS team.

In fact Brighton and Chelsea are also in the US at the same time, so possibly playing any of six PL teams?

Last edited:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just checking what dates Wolves are free to play now the Korea tour is cancelled. Stumbled upon this...

Where I assume it once said Roma v Wolves, it now reads Villa v Wolves July 29 with the venue TBD. Do they know something we don't? Are we "hijacking another tour where different clubs are congregated?

Villa are due to play Brentford in Maryland on July 30, so perhaps DC United at the same time?

Newcastle and Fulham are also on the east coast at that time too. Would seem a shame playing PL opposition but perhaps a more useful exercise than playing an MLS team.

In fact Brighton and Chelsea are also in the US at the same time, so possibly playing any of six PL teams?
Anyone with any insider knowledge heard anything about our preseason plans?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Given what we now know about the finances of the Korean trip, you'd like to imagine someone would have been working on a backup plan.

McSteen

Groupie
Reaction score

To me it looks like there's just a typo in the article (Predictive text maybe) I think it was supposed to say AS Roma - Wolves, not Aston Villa -Wolves.
Also the article is dated 14 june, before Roma and Wolves pulled out:

"Their opponents will be Premier League clubs Tottenham and Wolves. Later, On August 1, they will face off against the South Korean side Incheon.

July 26, AS Roma vs Tottenham (National Stadium (Kallang))
July 29, Aston Villa vs Wolves (TBD)
August 1, AS Roma vs Incheon (TBD)"

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me it looks like there's just a typo in the article (Predictive text maybe) I think it was supposed to say AS Roma - Wolves, not Aston Villa -Wolves.
Also the article is dated 14 june, before Roma and Wolves pulled out:

"Their opponents will be Premier League clubs Tottenham and Wolves. Later, On August 1, they will face off against the South Korean side Incheon.

July 26, AS Roma vs Tottenham (National Stadium (Kallang))
July 29, Aston Villa vs Wolves (TBD)
August 1, AS Roma vs Incheon (TBD)"
Lol. Nothing to see then. Close thread.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still hopeful for a Crewe, Shrewsbury, Stafford Rangers or Walsall gig, but equally wouldn't mind an Ibrox, Celtic Park or Pittodrie fixture, as was the norm in previous times.
Not only that, but a bloody darn sight cheaper than what would have been a Korean Air return flight to Seoul.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Still hopeful for a Crewe, Shrewsbury, Stafford Rangers or Walsall gig, but equally wouldn't mind an Ibrox, Celtic Park or Pittodrie fixture, as was the norm in previous times.
Not only that, but a bloody darn sight cheaper than what would have been a Korean Air return flight to Seoul.
I had planned to see the games on WolvesTV for a fraction of the cost GA.
Did think about going on an Official Wolves package. Everything is arranged for you, which makes it a darn sight easier. But yes, the cost of a tour would have been sky high, official or not.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind a Scottish one away.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very disappointed with last years friendly in Portugal if I’m honest.Red hot and they had us lined up in one section only to be told once at the search entrance,that we were in the wrong section.Not happy bunnies I can tell ya.Anyone would have thought it was a sell out but there were only about 7000 in there.And just to top it off the police are like Robo cops.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very disappointed with last years friendly in Portugal if I’m honest.Red hot and they had us lined up in one section only to be told once at the search entrance,that we were in the wrong section.Not happy bunnies I can tell ya.Anyone would have thought it was a sell out but there were only about 7000 in there.And just to top it off the police are like Robo cops.
Sounds like Braga (a) but with better weather...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had no problems at all in faro....queuing was quite big but it soon went down...

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had planned to see the games on WolvesTV for a fraction of the cost GA.
Did think about going on an Official Wolves package. Everything is arranged for you, which makes it a darn sight easier. But yes, the cost of a tour would have been sky high, official or not.
I did think seriously about Korea as it's a country that I'd not visited before, plus it would have been easier to travel to other Asian countries once there. I've always enjoyed the overseas pre-season stuff, whether that's been Ireland, Switzerland or Portugal.

I'm sure we'll be doing something, but just right now I'd settle for Darlington, Exeter or Halifax.

Back
Top Bottom