Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Return of the Mick...

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He used to manage in The Prem I seem to remember.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mixed emotions regarding Mick..always had those,always will.
Not a Premier League manager even though he managed us..and Sunderland.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the bloke. He made me fall back in love with Wolves when for various factors I’d drifted away a little bit.

That team he built in the first season in particular was so much fun to watch and the defeats didn’t seem to matter so much because everyone gave 100% and we had a lot of exciting kids.

A million miles from the joys of supporting us today, but they were some of my best years supporting Wolves.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
A friend of mine was terminally ill in hospital during Mick's reign so I wrote to the club and asked if the players could sign a card for him. Two days later Mick arrived unannounced during visiting hours with a signed Wolves shirt and a massive bag of grapes. Not a flying visit either, they had to kick him out thirty minutes past visiting time. Can't tell you how much of a massive impact it had on my friend and his family in his final days. Wolves legend on and off the pitch.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a lot of us of a certain age before Nuno, Mick was the most successful manager we had and Il always fondly remember him and hope he does well I think its a really good move for him
Bloody kiddies, lol... Seriously, he offered a glimmer of hope to a club that had been depressing as hell for far too long...

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friend of mine was terminally ill in hospital during Mick's reign so I wrote to the club and asked if the players could sign a card for him. Two days later Mick arrived announced during visiting hours with a signed Wolves shirt and a massive bag of grapes. Not a flying visit either, they had to kick him out thirty minutes past visiting time. Can't tell you how much of a massive impact it had on my friend and his family in his final days. Wolves legend on and off the pitch.
I've told the story before, but a mates disabled son played wheelchair football and needed to raise a couple of grand for his new chair. They were invited to the training ground, for a look round and watch a session. Mick spent an age talking with them and gave him a cheque for the balance.

Small/large gestures like these make the difference, between a club we support and a club we love to support.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've told the story before, but a mates disabled son played wheelchair football and needed to raise a couple of grand for his new chair. They were invited to the training ground, for a look round and watch a session. Mick spent an age talking with them and gave him a cheque for the balance.

Small/large gestures like these make the difference, between a club we support and a club we love to support.
To Mick it was probably small beer. To the recipient and his family it was everything. Massive respect.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a lot of us of a certain age before Nuno, Mick was the most successful manager we had and Il always fondly remember him and hope he does well I think its a really good move for him
Even those older than us should recognise he was our best manager in thirty years. Many don't like to admit it though.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friend of mine was terminally ill in hospital during Mick's reign so I wrote to the club and asked if the players could sign a card for him. Two days later Mick arrived announced during visiting hours with a signed Wolves shirt and a massive bag of grapes. Not a flying visit either, they had to kick him out thirty minutes past visiting time. Can't tell you how much of a massive impact it had on my friend and his family in his final days. Wolves legend on and off the pitch.
Good Manager. Great Man.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved Mick. Great manager and great raconteur. Hope Nuno can emulate his 3 years in the Prem. :p

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved Mick. Great manager and great raconteur. Hope Nuno can emulate his 3 years in the Prem. :p
I certainly don't see us being relegated this season so bettering it is likely.

Edited to add: Duh, belatedly realised why the emoji...

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Superb.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him, Turner and Nuno are the best managers we have had over the last 30 years.

The one thing that bonds them all is team spirit. If you don’t have that you can be Lionel Messi managing the AC Milan team of the 80s and you won’t win anything.

Respect to them all. Hope he does well there, but to be honest if l was him l’d probably look to retire now, he’s earns it.

Back
Top Bottom