Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Retro shirts from club shop

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Evenin' all,

I went into the club shop (oh, sorry, 'megastore') before the Barnsley game with the intention of getting this season's shirt. However, having seen the poor quality I decided not to bother.

So I was wondering, has anyone bought any of the shirts from the retro collection?

Are they of decent quality?

Thinking of picking one up before the game on Sunday. Although only being 20 I might look a bit too young to be wearing a shirt from the 50s ;)

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The old shirts are way better than the new on every level....

C

cooper_J

I've got some shirts I bought from the club shop a few years back and they still look decent.

The ones on sale at the moment don't look as good a quality to be honest.

If you want to go retro try here: http://www.toffs.com/Wolves/products/828/

The 90/92 shirt is a true replica.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Thought the Wembley 74 airtex shirt looked spot on when I went in the other week

Sent from my brain using some software or other...

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a Toffs 50's one, and loved it.
Hard wearing and when checking the club shop tat, the Manders logo was peeling on one of them.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
got one of the roundneck 60's shirts it's great ... Oh and got one of the current shirts too & the quality is fine

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to know if anyone can recommend the 1974 tracksuit top. That silky black looks class, so does the embroidered leaping wolves, just not so sure of the plastic looking WOLVES curved on the back. It's a lot of money, but i am so tempted.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone knows where I can get one of the legendary car tyre shirts please let me know. I've been looking for one of those bad boys for quite a while now!

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to know if anyone can recommend the 1974 tracksuit top. That silky black looks class, so does the embroidered leaping wolves, just not so sure of the plastic looking WOLVES curved on the back. It's a lot of money, but i am so tempted.

I saw a guy wearing one last season and it looks as good in real life as it does on the website

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got brought the 1908 cup final shirt from Toffs last week.

The quality Is better than anything I've ever had from the clubshop.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got brought the 1908 cup final shirt from Toffs last week.

The quality Is better than anything I've ever had from the clubshop.

Yea Ive got one of them-thought it was more in keeping for an oldie like me to wear!! Quality is very high and like the town crest as well.Not too sure about the stripes but certainly looks the part for 1908!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea Ive got one of them-thought it was more in keeping for an oldie like me to wear!! Quality is very high and like the town crest as well.Not too sure about the stripes but certainly looks the part for 1908!

I love the stripes. However Toffs made a balls up on their site as it's the 1921 cup final shirt.

Now I know that the quality is good I'm tempted to order more stuff off them

W

we8wba

i'd love for one of our away shirts to look like that 1988-1990 manders shirt

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Afghanistan. At least that's the charity bin mine went in.

I had one of the 'Niagara' shirts that came out at that time - it was the rage - it was absolutely hideous with lots of colours splattered on it, with the Wolves crest and Goodyear sponsor on it like a normal replica shirt. Loved it at the time!

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
...and a pork pie please.

The short sleeve v-neck knitted cotton from the sixties would look sublime on a man of a some substance.

The mid-70s shirts always remind me of giant hairy lamb chops.

H

howling wolf

I've got one, though not actually worn it yet! The pic on the Toffs website is misleading; it's not "silky" but cotton. Quality is okay, though I think my 90's Goodyear training top is probably superior. The lettering on the back isn't 100% accurate when comparing it with an original but don't worry, it's not "plastic looking". If you went to the match, as I did, then it's probably worth having.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowhere near as good as the 1974 tracksuit top though. As with most stuff from the clubshop it looks a bit tacky.

A bit tacky?

It's horrendous, it looks $$$$ing awful!

The badge is very "retro" looking ;)

Wouldn't it be great if say Adidas, Nike or Umbro made our kits...

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we get merchandise money with our season tickets again?

I'm sure we got £5 to start off with last year?

Back
Top Bottom