Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Results today....

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did the bbc predictor a few days ago. I worked on a worse case scenario and it put us in 10th place even before we kicked a ball at Bristol. I think we have been very lucky today to still be in the PO's.

Anybody else think we have been fortunate??

One more point, with bristol being thumped by saints, is this a good thing or a bad thing for next week?

Edit:apologies for a duplicate thread, Mods Feel free to get rid

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dewsburywolf

One more point, with bristol being thumped by saints, is this a good thing or a bad thing for next week?

Good thing that it might affect their confidence, bad thing they'll be aiming to bounce back.

Do they have a Midweek game?

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, their next game is against us

P

PabloWolfo

Bristol were lucky to beat Norwich last week and they've been below par for the past 4-6 weeks; I reckon they're starting to bottle-it, simple as that. If we can get the first goal in next week, they'll crumble.

D

dr cool

Bristol were lucky to beat Norwich last week and they've been below par for the past 4-6 weeks; I reckon they're starting to bottle-it, simple as that. If we can get the first goal in next week, they'll crumble.

another 6 v 1 !:D

dr:cool:

D

Dewsburywolf

another 6 v 1 !:D

That Wine's really starting to take hold isn't it? :eek:
A win yes but 6.1 that's a little bit too adventurous. We're Wolves remember. Eternal Pessimists, :rolleyes: calm down ffs.

306NOTOUT

My computer asked me to input a password yesterday.

I put P E N I S

Said error "Too short" :eek:

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I live in Brizzle and speak to City fans daily. They're bricking it. Apparently they've fluked results recently and deserved to get stuffed by Saints...

A

Arthur Sixpence

I agree, results by and large favoured us today.

Destiny to cement that cherished play off spot is now ours to lose!

P

PabloWolfo

I live in Brizzle and speak to City fans daily. They're bricking it. Apparently they've fluked results recently and deserved to get stuffed by Saints...

Son of a gun, so do I...

The City fans I know are saying pretty much the same thing, in that they haven't played well since not long after Xmas. I for one hope they bottle it, I much prefer Rovers!

L

Law's Bus

And best of all, we're now mathematically safe from relegation....;)

D

dr cool

That Wine's really starting to take hold isn't it? :eek:
A win yes but 6.1 that's a little bit too adventurous. We're Wolves remember. Eternal Pessimists, :rolleyes: calm down ffs.

someone is due a hammering soon, why not them !!!

O

Oxford_Wolf

Forget Bristol, the team which was lucky yesterday was Charlton, 1-0 down and down to 10 men and they come back against Plymouth, did us a big favor.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Son of a gun, so do I...

The City fans I know are saying pretty much the same thing, in that they haven't played well since not long after Xmas. I for one hope they bottle it, I much prefer Rovers!

Couldn't agree more mate, hope we get to meet them in the play-offs...

E

Edgmond Wolf

Couldn't agree more mate, hope we get to meet them in the play-offs...

Personally I hope we do make the play-offs.

If we do then I hope we meet the Baggies in the play-off final. Just imagine how great it would feel to beat them and win promotion. :)

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we do then I hope we meet the Baggies in the play-off final. Just imagine how great it would feel to beat them and win promotion. :)

Wish I shared your confidence/optimism but I think they'd be the bogey side in the play-offs for us. Better that they snatch an auto spot and we play whoever misses out and settles for 3rd (Stoke or Watford) - I reckon we'd beat either of them. Then its a wembley final against Bristol City or Hull - now that's a prospect I could look forward to! Albion and I'd just be biting my nails unless we were 4-0 up in the 93rd minute!

Forget Bristol, the team which was lucky yesterday was Charlton, 1-0 down and down to 10 men and they come back against Plymouth, did us a big favor.

Indeed , but the favour Colchester did us ,IMO, was bigger.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last time we made the play-off final I was sat there not allowing myself to enjoy the 3-0 lead until about the 88th minute!

E

Edgmond Wolf

Wish I shared your confidence/optimism but I think they'd be the bogey side in the play-offs for us. Better that they snatch an auto spot and we play whoever misses out and settles for 3rd (Stoke or Watford) - I reckon we'd beat either of them. Then its a wembley final against Bristol City or Hull - now that's a prospect I could look forward to! Albion and I'd just be biting my nails unless we were 4-0 up in the 93rd minute!

Confidence is a big thing. Like a swan gliding along but furiously paddling underneath....

Yea want to win big style but I would still be biting my nails as well!!!

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion, with the way all teams in the top 6 are performing, we will Sneak into Automatic......

Just look at the form tables.... Bristol have been awful for the last 6 games
The $$$$ have 3 wins in 9

Keep the faith

If we beat Bristol, Beat the $$$$, and beat Ipswich, I believe we will be at worst 3rd

D

dr cool

I have a sneaking suspicion, with the way all teams in the top 6 are performing, we will Sneak into Automatic......

Keep the faith

If we beat Bristol, Beat the $$$$, and beat Ipswich, I believe we will be at worst 3rd

im with you glasgow....

6 wins for the title...:eek:
5 wins and a draw for 2nd !:)
3 wins and 2 draws for 6th...
:cool:

D

Dewsburywolf

Kind of with you fella but the flipside is if we lose it will be doubly excrutiating for us.

Let's just go for Automatic for one of us, or preferably both. :)

H

Hatch End Wolf

If we win all our remaining games and they all lose their's, we'll be promoted......................and then I'll wake up and find that we've ended up 7th!

T

Templeton Peck

Keep the faith

I hate to $$$$ on your fire but this is Wolves remember. What has happened over the last 19 years to make you think we'll sneak automatic? This is typical Wolves - you are about to give up when they go on a little run and tease you into hope again only to snatch it from you at the last minute. I hope to god I'm wrong though.

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to $$$$ on your fire but this is Wolves remember. What has happened over the last 19 years to make you think we'll sneak automatic? This is typical Wolves - you are about to give up when they go on a little run and tease you into hope again only to snatch it from you at the last minute. I hope to god I'm wrong though.

Isn't this partly why we all love 'em? We are generally a pessimistic bunch but you have to keep hoping for that (rare) moment of glory because when it happens, it's euphoric.

Following our win at The Valley, our season has suddenly become interesting. Hold on tight to the Molineux rollercoaster - sure to be the ride of your life (apologies to the wife).

T

Templeton Peck

Isn't this partly why we all love 'em? We are generally a pessimistic bunch but you have to keep hoping for that (rare) moment of glory because when it happens, it's euphoric.

Following our win at The Valley, our season has suddenly become interesting. Hold on tight to the Molineux rollercoaster - sure to be the ride of your life (apologies to the wife).

You are probably right. Adrian Chiles said that a West Brom win is worth 10 of Man Utds cos of what it means to the fans. God knows what one of our wins is worth then.

E

EddieClamp-tops

What has happened over the last 19 years to make you think we'll sneak automatic? This is typical Wolves - you are about to give up when they go on a little run and tease you into hope again only to snatch it from you at the last minute.

The law of averages? Over a long enough time we should surely get the good luck/results we need this season to make us forget all those 7th place finishes, play off defeats and the 12 point lead we bottled. Shouldn't we? :)

Back
Top Bottom