Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Reporting Accuracy

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Mirror is nearly up there with the BBC for being a serial liar and as biased as hell, although the BBC is untouchable in the disinformation stakes.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Mirror is nearly up there with the BBC for being a serial liar and as biased as hell, although the BBC is untouchable in the disinformation stakes.
This thread is not the place for it, but I would love to read what evidence you have to justify the statement that 'the BBC is a serial liar and untouchable in the disinformation stakes'. Incredible allegation.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh no, really? Jeez, that’s really really terrible. That means we’re all being brainwashed by such cuddly t.v leviathans like David Attenborough and John Craven. I’ll never be able to watch Countryfile ever again…
…unless you’re a wacky conspiracist and therefore full of ****. Please let me know and whilst you’re here :kissingheart: this post

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Oh no, really? Jeez, that’s really really terrible. That means we’re all being brainwashed by such cuddly t.v leviathans like David Attenborough and John Craven. I’ll never be able to watch Countryfile ever again…
…unless you’re a wacky conspiracist and therefore full of ****. Please let me know and whilst you’re here :kissingheart: this post

stick to football for mutchy and bods sake

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not hard to see why mainstream journalism is dying a slow and painful death.
This is cause and effect, but which way round? The standard of journalism is shocking, but does that stop people reading it, or is it because we all want everything for free that they don't employ anyone so they produce inaccurate drivel?

I moan that the £1 a month for the Athletic is a rip off! I don't donate to the Guardian or pay for any of the paywalled papers, I expect transfermarkt to give me everything for showing a few adverts and I've never donated to wiki, which contrary to some idiot opinion is the best source of information available. Then people call me an idiot for actually paying for Sky while also moaning that we didn't spend another £50m this transfer window. Whole thing is ****ed.

lycophilos

Reaction score
The Mirror and the Daily Express are owned by the same company. In fact their sports reports on particular games are often identical. However they are "politically" very different. The Mirror is the only mass circulation tabloid which is not right wing, while the Express tries to compete with the Mail on the extreme right. They both strike me as rather absurd - they give me the impression that they are actually produced by not very intelligent AI, and I wonder if the "journalists" actually believe the stuff they write.

As for the sports pages, I don't think any of the tabloids is trustworthy on accuracy. I remember one of them, I think it was the Sun, describing a player as Chinese who was actually Korean, as a simple recourse to Google would have corrected.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure any of this is particularly new. Nearly every match report I’ve read bears little resemblance to the games I’ve attended or watched on tv, especially from the national press.

Reactions: Ian

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Amazon Prime were putting up captions at the bottom of the screen during the boxing day games pushing the upcoming games, they featured a player from each team, for the Brentford game they had a smiling Matheus Nunes representing us.

Almost as bad as the MOTD captions which see us represented by the aforementioned and Podence.

Back
Top Bottom