Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Replace five of our players to make the champions league

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In no way being ****y about where we are, this is a bit of fun.

Identify the five additions that could get us into the champions league - money no object. What would it take? (assume keeping Nuno)

All replaced players would just become part of the squad

1. Maguire instead of Bennett
2. Fernandinho instead of Moutinho
3. Stirling instead of Jota
4. Robinson instead of Doherty
5. Kane instead of Jiminez

In reality that would cost you £400m - but with what we have would it get you to the CL?

Come on what five players would you choose?

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In no way being ****y about where we are, this is a bit of fun.

Identify the five additions that could get us into the champions league - money no object. What would it take? (assume keeping Nuno)

All replaced players would just become part of the squad

1. Maguire instead of Bennett
2. Fernandinho instead of Moutinho
3. Stirling instead of Jota
4. Robinson instead of Doherty
5. Kane instead of Jiminez

In reality that would cost you £400m - but with what we have would it get you to the CL?

Come on what five players would you choose?
Paul Robinson?

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me we need a clinical finisher and a better Jota and we ain't too far away from a top 10 finish. Not thinking further than that.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bennett has been outstanding, but will eventually be replaced by whoever Nuno thinks could do a better job.

E

E is for idiot.

Why would anyone want to replace Doherty ? He’s a key figure and I will argue anyone that he’s worth just as much to this team as Neves , Moutinho etc

Because his position is vital to how we play. Improving that position is vital to our evolution. Either through Doc getting better or a better replacement. Just because he would improve that position doesn't mean the Doc is not playing well or anything like that.

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I actually can't think of 5 without it being unreal total fantasy football. How times have changed

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBH I think the model Wolves are using to achieve success is very different to any other team in the Premier League. So picking out players to fit in with that model is very difficult. The five or whatever figure required to take us into the Champions League may be players we have barely heard of, if at all.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't think of 5 but I'd take, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Pierre-Emile Højbjerg and Andre Silva.

Bit of young English talent down the right, proven energetic ball winning midfielder thats improving and a striker that'll fit right into our system and is showing he's still class in Spain.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I honestly don’t get the hype with Maguire. He’s ****ing awful.

B

Benson

I would make the following 5 changes:

1. Replace Moutinho as right central midfielder (with Neves)
2. Replace Neves as left central midfielder (with Moutinho)
3. Replace Jota as left attacker (with Costa)
4. Replace Costa as right attacker (with Jota)
5. After a couple of minutes switch them back again.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Barcelona's young Brazilian striker Ronaldo up top
2. Real Madrid's Roberto Carlos at left wing-back
3. AC Milan's Paulo Maldini to the right of Coady
4. & 5. Barca's Brazilian magicians Ronaldinho and Rivaldo in the wide forward roles

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve got Bennett/moutinho relacement at the club already.

I don’t get these threads though. We are already showing champions league form and playing brilliantly. We’ve got a huge attaching threat now back, and a Belgian womderkid whi can’t even make the squad.

I’ve got that much belief in what we are doing that I won’t even suggest names. Messrs Thelwell Mendes and Nuno have it boxed off.

B

Benson

Worth a note in this thread about how many we have replaced in the last 2 years. From the team who managed 1 point vs Burton (1-1) and Barnsley (0-4) at home in Sept, and later the same year didnt win in 9 straight league games, we are still playing 4 players. "Only" 7 have been replaced. (Doc, Coady, Costa and Cava still here + Hause on the bench).

Say a lot about the importance of having an excellent coaching staff and a positive mentality surrounding the club. Football is not all about which 11 players being on the pitch. A perfect environment makes most players better.. a lot better. Maybe the current ones can take us all the way to top 5. Dont rule it out.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this team, injury-free, is well capable of finishing 7th. We've now all had a good look at the others in this league and I honestly don't think there is one side (outside the top 6) who can match our quality. Our defence is solid and you know with our quality mf and pace up front we will create several great chances every game.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Jota and Costa can find their scoring boots and we stay injury free, we don't need to replace anyone.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football over the last 25 years has brainwashed us all into thinking that a player's value is what you pay for him in £, rather than what they bring to the team.

If Bennett was a new £20m signing, playing as well as he has been, we (and the pundits) would be creaming about how solid and consistent he had been and how he was worth every penny.

But we still all have this thought that it's inevitable that one day he will be replaced.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re already on for a top 10 finish.
My view though is that to guarantee a top 10 position we need a better Jota and a clinical finisher. With the current team, I am certain we will comfortably stay up but 50/50 on a top 10 position. Happy days though for sure!

D

Deleted member 4594

My view though is that to guarantee a top 10 position we need a better Jota and a clinical finisher. With the current team, I am certain we will comfortably stay up but 50/50 on a top 10 position. Happy days though for sure!
Fair opinion mate.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would make the following 5 changes:

1. Replace Moutinho as right central midfielder (with Neves)
2. Replace Neves as left central midfielder (with Moutinho)
3. Replace Jota as left attacker (with Costa)
4. Replace Costa as right attacker (with Jota)
5. After a couple of minutes switch them back again.
What about Cav?

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know it’s a bit of fun, but I think a better question at this moment would be;
If you could buy one player (or type of player) in January, who would it be.
For me, I’ve no idea - I just love the whole team. It’s so difficult to see a weak link at the moment. Maybe a different type of forward to give some real competition to Raul.

Back
Top Bottom