Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Relief for Nevo?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can hope his free kicks improve but I’m sure he likes a more rounded ball like in the championship or fa cup where it has more movement

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s just different colours to be fair.
I wish we used Mitre!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nevo? Is that what we're calling him? Anyway, it's criminal that someone who has scored wonderful goals as he has, just does not score enough. In fact , it's criminal the paucity of shots he has a game. Come on Nevo, start banging them in! **** I should not have used the term "banging"...

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves (or Nevo as he's known to the cool kids) hasn't really had too many opportunities from free kicks this season. Recent seasons he was getting three or four opportunities a game, just shows again how poor we are in the final third.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still glad Nevo's in midfield for us.

Not sure who should play there with him - Joao-o, Donko or OO-o.

Maybe Vito or Gibbo should be given a go-o?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just wish we'd signed Eto'o-o a couple of years ago.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a Wolves pal called "Nevo" and wondered what type of relief he was receiving.

Either way, i'm sure there will be a happy ending if the ball is changed and we're once more blessed with 35 yard wonder goals.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I liked how he gave the keeper the eyes on Sunday.

Lovely pen

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A ball is a ball
It's definitely not though: balls that are constructed differently move in very different ways. A tiny change will completely alter how air moves around the ball, and that will alter how the ball moves through the air (how long it stays airborne, how it swerves, its rate of decceleration, etc).

Neves has said he prefers a Mitre ball, though how much is in that I've no idea.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nevo? Is that what we're calling him? Anyway, it's criminal that someone who has scored wonderful goals as he has, just does not score enough. In fact , it's criminal the paucity of shots he has a game. Come on Nevo, start banging them in! **** I should not have used the term "banging"...

who the **** is nevo?

Nevo is a genetically engineered hybrid between Neto and Neves who can tackle ferociously but still ping passes 60 yards onto the toes of his team-mates... but who has an almost floor-level centre of gravity that can also leave defenders swooning with dizziness after turning them inside out and shoot venomously with either foot. Also has a lush beard. Gotta be worth £200m of anybody's money.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nevo is a genetically engineered hybrid between Neto and Neves who can tackle ferociously but still ping passes 60 yards onto the toes of his team-mates... but who has an almost floor-level centre of gravity that can also leave defenders swooning with dizziness after turning them inside out and shoot venomously with either foot. Also has a lush beard. Gotta be worth £200m of anybody's money.
Another Portugeezer then, boo hiss, lol....

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I liked how he gave the keeper the eyes on Sunday.
He did it against Arsenal too.

So many players do it and it's so obvious. If I were a keeper I'd definitely dive the opposite way to where the player intently stares for 10 seconds (the ferocity of the shot would then leave me with a broken wrist, probably).

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alternatively he's slow, runs into dead ends, sits far too deep, gets frustrated with teammates, has a dodgy moustache...

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that we don't have as many nicknames these days as in previous times.

Waggy, The Doog, Psycho, Bully, Squeak, The Cat, Mutchy, SEB, Shabba, Lofty and of course "Keano" immediately spring to mind.

I guess "Big Willy" is one but after that I'm struggling, unless of course we count "Nevo". :)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Interesting that we don't have as many nicknames these days as in previous times.

Waggy, The Doog, Psycho, Bully, Squeak, The Cat, Mutchy, SEB, Shabba, Lofty and of course "Keano" immediately spring to mind.

I guess "Big Willy" is one but after that I'm struggling, unless of course we count "Nevo". :)
Remember when we had, Veno, Tommo, Bruno, anything to fit the regulation chant.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
who the **** is nevo?

Its the convenient shortening to two syllables of a name with um, two syllables.

:( He’ll be non the wiser knowing what it is with this clue.

Could be this chap:

1613482935247.png

Might have had something to do with football(s), played in centre-mid at school, and, perhaps, even supported Wolves as his fourth favourite team…..there has to be reason for mentioning him on here.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Getting back to the point with Nevo.

Honestly think the football Gods are starting to favour us. After the surprising turnaround with the reffing decisions this to me seems like another situation that can enable us further.

Subtle things can cause great changes.

Don't be surprised if he smashes in a few screamers from here on.

Back
Top Bottom