Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Relegation - The fight for survival

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much fight going on but down to the last 4 games and thought I'd see how folk think it will go. Who has the fight ? Assuming Norwich are gone its a 4 way battle between Bournemouth, Villa, Watford and West Ham for the other 2 places. Watford and West Ham play today with the chance to increase their gap and put the pressure on the others.

Remaining fixtures :

West Ham - Norwich, Watford, Man U, Villa

Watford - Newcastle, West Ham, Man City,
Arsenal

Villa - Palace, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham

Bournemouth - Leicester, Man City,
Southampton, Everton

20200711_113425.jpg

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the results go the right way Villa could be relegated on Thursday assuming they lose to Palace and Everton. West Ham are winning, if Watford win it puts huge pressure on villa - love it

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the results go the right way Villa could be relegated on Thursday assuming they lose to Palace and Everton. West Ham are winning, if Watford win it puts huge pressure on villa - love it
Palace are dog ****. Have backed Villa to win. Today is typical of Villas luck. West Ham are basically safe if they win today. ****ty Watford are losing again and Villa will win tomorrow. You just know that last game will be a nothing game for West Ham against Villa and it will be Norwich , Bournemouth and Watford that drop

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
2-0 West Ham.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace are dog ****. Have backed Villa to win. Today is typical of Villas luck. West Ham are basically safe if they win today. ****ty Watford are losing again and Villa will win tomorrow. You just know that last game will be a nothing game for West Ham against Villa and it will be Norwich , Bournemouth and Watford that drop

Of the bottom 6 below Palace they’ve got a record of P11 W8 D3 L0.

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get in Brentford 3-1 massive pressure on the **** for their game later

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Brentford, if they come up, have every chance of being next year's Norwich.

Fulham could be next year's Villa who were this year's Fulham...
I have a feeling Brentford will be ok next season if they come up. Good away day in their new ground. If we are allowed in of course.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling Brentford will be ok next season if they come up. Good away day in their new ground. If we are allowed in of course.
The big problem for Brentford is that their whole business model is based on developing players and selling for a profit. If they lose several key players....

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything less than wins for Villa / Bournemouth next game practically seals it.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Table as it stands, must win games for Villa and Bournemouth tomorrow.

20200711_154021.jpg

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only Norwich player I'd sign as a Premiership team is Buendia. The young drfenders have no awareness or communication. Sure adding them into a team with structure will improve them massively but questions if they can play in the structure is massive as they've shown no ability to do that. Just individuals playing on the own. Cantwell clearly has ability and can be a play maker but doesn't do enough defensively. A lot of his poor defensive work has gone under the radar because how bad Norwich has been, if he was at a team that actually had a chance of staying up, his lack of work rate off the ball would be highlighted more. Trys to defend in patches and you can't do that in the Premier League.

Buendia is for me the best player they have, ability to beat players, use either foot and plays with his head up. Reminds me of Jota and Neto mix. It's a position we don't need, but if we lose a couple of wingers I'd go straight in for him.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa's win against a useless Palace will give them some hope. Still 4 adrift with 3 to play. Bournemouth play Leicester later.

20200712_163757.jpg

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Everton play with so little spirit vs Villa as they did today, then they still have a chance of staying up. I'm not sure Watford will collect any more points this season and may well take a GD hammering vs Man City.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Everton play with so little spirit vs Villa as they did today, then they still have a chance of staying up. I'm not sure Watford will collect any more points this season and may well take a GD hammering vs Man City.

Villa play Everton at Goodison. Surprising though it may seem after their insipid display today, Everton are unbeaten at home since Marco Silva got the boot late last year and even drew with Liverpool and Man Utd there recently.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love West Ham and Watford to go down. West Ham after being surrounded by their deluded arrogant fans for six years in Essex, and Watford because of last season. Villa would be hilarious but I like the derby games too much to wish for that. Bournemouth are a ****e club too so I'd be happy with that.

I think the way it stands now is the way it'll finish. Villa got a bit lucky today but they're ****e, and Watford have more fight in them than Bournemouth.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love West Ham and Watford to go down. West Ham after being surrounded by their deluded arrogant fans for six years in Essex, and Watford because of last season. Villa would be hilarious but I like the derby games too much to wish for that. Bournemouth are a ****e club too so I'd be happy with that.

I think the way it stands now is the way it'll finish. Villa got a bit lucky today but they're ****e, and Watford have more fight in them than Bournemouth.
That last para dated well..... Bournemuff potentially doing us a big favour....

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The unexpected Bournemouth result has left things as it was with all 4 teams winning their games. 3 to go.

West Ham - Watford, Man U, Villa

Watford - West Ham, Man City, Arsenal

Bournemouth - Man C, Southampton, Everton

Villa - Everton, Arsenal, West Ham

20200712_213222.jpg

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Watford will go down, with Bournemouth.

We have to pray that Ancellotti is fuming after Everton's performance against us. It looks like their fans are, so they owe it to them to not slack off and knock in a few goals against an abysmal Villa team.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for a (relatively) neutral that it's seemingly going to go down to the wire. Let's be honest, once this is all over, if Leeds and Albion come up, the league is immediately more interesting. Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, meh. Playing Villa is probably more interesting than half the teams we play but I've no problem with seeing them drop.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth play their game tonight against Man City with Villa playing Everton tomorrow and Watford v West Ham play Friday in what could be a the winner is safe game. If Bournemouth and Villa fail to win their games surely a draw would do for both Watford and West Ham leaving the others needing to win both their remaining games. I'm glad we are working out possiblities at the opposite end of the table !

20200715_141928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom