Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Released/Available Players

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading: Brian Howard, Thomas Cywka, Andy Griffin

Leeds: Adam Clayton, Andy O'Brien, Alex Bruce, Lloyd Sam,

Coventry: Martin Cranie, Sammy Clingan

Derby: Paul Green

Barnsley: Jay McEverley, David Cotterill

Posh: Joe Lewis, Paul Taylor, George Boyd, Nicky Ajose, Mark Little

All the above are available on a free or have been transfer listed. There's a few I would have a look at.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take Joe Lewis if we didn't have two good GK's already. I'm a big fan of George Boyd too.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are the 2 that stood out - Lewis is on a free!
Paul Taylor is highly rated - I know nothing about him. LLoyd Sam as a reserve winger and Andy O'Brien on a short term deal? Always liked Adam Clayton too.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Martin Cranie and Joe Lewis were both viewed as very good prospects a few years ago (I think they were in the same England Under 21 side). I'm not convinced either are better than what we currently have but I would consider Lewis as back up if we sold Ikeme.

Howard was a decent player at Barnsley but I'm hoping we'll be setting our sights a bit higher.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adam Clayton looks a class act, Leeds lot seem a bit miffed hes been given the boot?

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Adam Clayton looks a class act, Leeds lot seem a bit miffed hes been given the boot?

Hasn't looked the same since his split with Naomi Campbell...

A

andyc225

I think we're going to have to take a decision at some point on Ikeme. Is he adding value for his wages? If called upon would he be able to do the business? Lewis is definitely someone I'd like to see in a Wolves shirt. Get him in and move Ikeme on.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if they are being sold or realased by a championship club, which deems they dont think they are good enough or bad apples, then why should we be going for these

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because if you bothered to research as I had ;) you'd know some are being sold to raise transfer funds and others such as Green and Lewis aren't signing a new contract.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always liked Andy O'Brien, even from his Bradford City days. Rumour is that his personal relationship issues saw Grayson unsympathetic which turned the dressing room leading to Graysons demise at Leeds.

I remember Brian Howard looking handy a few seasons ago but a lot can change in that time.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might end up with 2 x Bruce's next season???

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No thanks, we really aren't stooping this low are we? We aren't bloody Portsmouth!

S

SimplyTheWolves

There may well be a few quality players available, but my worry is we may hold out for some of the freebies that are desperate to get a contract at almost any club. As the close season wears on available players lower their expectations simply to be back in work again. I know some of these can be bargains but I really hope the clubs expectations as far as signing new players goes doesn't get this low.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading: Brian Howard, Thomas Cywka, Andy Griffin

Leeds: Adam Clayton, Andy O'Brien, Alex Bruce, Lloyd Sam,

Coventry: Martin Cranie, Sammy Clingan

Derby: Paul Green

Barnsley: Jay McEverley, David Cotterill

Posh: Joe Lewis, Paul Taylor, George Boyd, Nicky Ajose, Mark Little

All the above are available on a free or have been transfer listed. There's a few I would have a look at.

Clayton at leeds has always looked good when I've seen him, a bit of quality on the ball. Joe Lewis would be worth signing only if Dorus wanted to leave or we were going to sell Hennesey. Boyd is an interesting 1, looks to have bags of ability, maybe worth a look in the championship.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't take Andy OBrien as he is $$$$e but I do like the look of Taylor at PBoro
I'm not sure about Boyd as he had quite a poor spell when he went to Forest and is a bit one paced from what I have seen of him. Lewis is a decent shout as a keeper should we need one.
I don't know much about Clayton.

B

BaysideWolf

Sammy Clingan? Mark Little? Could have sworn those names were familiar but I just can't quite place them..........

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely we aren't bottom feeding now are we ?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely we aren't bottom feeding now are we ?

I pity anyone who is... i had some dodgy garlic mussels last night so theres a decent chance i could leave you looking more startled than Matt Murray!

F

FLEET WOLF

Sammy Clingan? Mark Little? Could have sworn those names were familiar but I just can't quite place them..........

Indeed, I had high hopes for Mark Little.

I would take Clayton if we can get him.

Strats

Reaction score
:embarassed: Sad times ahead if that's the 'quality' of player(s) we would be 'happy' with ... although, being realistic, probably what we will be looking at this summer (*shudders*).

Also, this matter (transfers) brings out my one real fear IF TC gets the job ... can we trust his judgement on new players and would any new players want to sign for a rookie manager?

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
And to be fair, there are a number of players at clubs such as Swansea, Norwich and Albion who were either released or sold by other Football League sides but have excelled in the Premier League. Leon Brittain, for example, was sold by Sheffield United 18 months ago. Jones and McAuley at Albion, both brought in for next to nothing.

There may well be some similar, lesser-known gems to be found this Summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bridgnorthwolf

They're all $$$$e, wouldn't take any of them!

Brian Howard and Paul Green both looked VERY good at one time, but then they both kind of fizzled out.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're all $$$$e, wouldn't take any of them!

Brian Howard and Paul Green both looked VERY good at one time, but then they both kind of fizzled out.

Brian Howard and Green couldn't lace Guediouras or Milijas's boots. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole!

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most important signing of this summer will be a manager. Just hope the board can come up trumps on this one..

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh North West I know you are getting frustrated by Guedioura but surely even you can see he is better than Green and Howard?!:D
You will learn to appreciate Gued more next season when you see him played in his proper position.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am confused, we want to sign a goalkeeper who hasn't been playing in Peterboro's first team?????

Do people just want to buy a past reputation?

B

bridgnorthwolf

I am confused, we want to sign a goalkeeper who hasn't been playing in Peterboro's first team?????

Do people just want to buy a past reputation?

Evidently not, otherwise we'd have them queuing up for SEB!

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Evidently not, otherwise we'd have them queuing up for SEB!

I will just wait for the (new) thread naming our first 11 for the opening game of next season and see how many people put Hennessey in it

Or am I just been cynical?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh North West I know you are getting frustrated by Guedioura but surely even you can see he is better than Green and Howard?!:D
You will learn to appreciate Gued more next season when you see him played in his proper position.

I'm just sick of every $$$$in thread coming back to pinky and perky

Back
Top Bottom