Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ref Watch Villa H

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They could abstain from any referee if we decide not to bother even trying to put a tackle in like we did last weekend.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
isn`t this the gnome that gave a goal when the ball went in the vicinity of the one end?god help us

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OMG. That is a huge punishment for Wolves, with him in the middle.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing as nobody has brought him up I guess he wasn't too controversial! Thought he was poor for both sides in different ways, giving Villa everything any time one of their players slipped over, but then only three minutes of injury time at the end was a shocker to be fair

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves arguably caught a break when they didn't adjudge Kilman to have handled in the first half.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pernickety little twerp who spoilt the game. Bodily contact is not an automatic foul FFS. Did he ever play a game of football at any level in his entire life?

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was so frustrating in the first half seemed to give Villa everything, I hate moaning about officials, but couldn’t help it yesterday.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was really poor for most of the first half, giving loads of soft niggly fouls to Villa. But he seemed to switch and start letting some things go after McGinn’s foul on Neves for a tackle from behind. Not the worst performance from a ref we’ve seen recently.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Has absolutely zero authority, the players don’t like or respect him. Can’t control a game so gives fouls for everything, doesn’t add enough added time on and scuttles off at the end. He’s useless!

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has absolutely zero authority, the players don’t like or respect him. Can’t control a game so gives fouls for everything, doesn’t add enough added time on and scuttles off at the end. He’s useless!
Tbf though Jade, he could have tried to rule out Wolves’ goal for the wrestling between Dawson/McGinn (if he’d blown for a foul we’d have been properly ****ed off but not sure the decision would be overturned) and he didn’t give a penalty against Nunes for handball which again wouldn’t have been overturned if he had. The low added time favoured us today.

Admittedly it was annoying in the first half when it seemed all the fouls were going against us, and McGinn should probably have been booked.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Tbf though Jade, he could have tried to rule out Wolves’ goal for the wrestling between Dawson/McGinn (if he’d blown for a foul we’d have been properly ****ed off but not sure the decision would be overturned) and he didn’t give a penalty against Nunes for handball which again wouldn’t have been overturned if he had. The low added time favoured us today.

Admittedly it was annoying in the first half when it seemed all the fouls were going against us, and McGinn should probably have been booked.
Yep, but even though we got some things go our way that doesn’t change the fact he’s useless.

That said if he was going to blow for the Dawson/McGinn stuff it would have been a penalty to us. Glad he let it play on though.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think it would have been overturned if he’d given it, the ball was deflected onto Nunes, so not a penalty under the current rules.

Thought his time management in the second half was superb :D

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was weak. Blows up constantly to avoid bigger decisions.

One of the worst decisions was the one where we had a break on and he gave a foul because the Villa players complained, Wolves then complained and he gave it the other way. But we lost the advantage we’d have had.

He told Costa to exit at the side of the pitch who intimated he’d run over instead ran two paces then trudged the rest of the way and Attwell just left him to it.

How McGinn isn’t booked for going through the back of Neves I’ll never know, a clear yellow. Luiz should have been on a booking by the time he eventually got one too.

I’d say he managed to find that impressive balance of being **** for both sides.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it would have been overturned if he’d given it, the ball was deflected onto Nunes, so not a penalty under the current rules.

Thought his time management in the second half was superb :D
Maybe so - but given the way things have gone with officiating our games recently, I wouldn’t have been in the least bit surprised.

Agree re time management though. :D

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The stopping a corner twice to talk to the players wrestling in the box does my head in. It was happening constantly on Dawson all game.

Warn them before it’s taken and then if they’re stupid enough to continue blow up and give the penalty / defensive free kick. Maybe then they’d stop doing it, and I included Wolves in that from corners too.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting reading the comments above. Compare it to Aston Villa fans on ‘Villa Talk‘. They are scathing about the referee, saying he gave everything to Wolves and he has something against Villa as he is the same everytime he referees them. As for the three minutes added on, suffice to say our friends from Birmingham were not impressed.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The stopping a corner twice to talk to the players wrestling in the box does my head in. It was happening constantly on Dawson all game.

Warn them before it’s taken and then if they’re stupid enough to continue blow up and give the penalty / defensive free kick. Maybe then they’d stop doing it, and I included Wolves in that from corners too.
Villa’s ****-housery from corners at both ends of the pitch was clearly well orchestrated and almost stopped our goal and created one for Mings. I doubt this useless tool would have disallowed Mings’s if he’d scored. Luckily he’s diabolical. Like a Poundshop Boly.

Last edited:

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The block on Dawson for the Mings chance was so blatant you would hope if needed VAR would have given it. Ramsey never looked at the ball. Thank goodness Mings skied it because my faith in VAR doing the right thing is pretty slim. As usual Attwell was poor.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
With 20 fouls and only 3 bookings I thought we got a bit lucky.

Also when you consider the handball (seen them given) and only 3 minutes add on time I think we can't complain about the ref!

We've had some bad ones though so about time we got some decisions.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was hopeless. Actually laughed when he put 3 minutes up at the end. It’s the first time I can remember that going in our favour.
I was expecting 8, but would have been happy with 6. 3 was just a joke

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Hacket thinks it should have been a penalty before the corner retake from which Toti scored
It's a clueless opinion IMO. Much as I like a moan about the refs, the way I saw it he clearly blew before the kick, but Ruben decided to carry on and have a little practice run. Although McGinn is blocking Dawson a bit, Dawson throws his arm over his shoulder and lifts himself off the ground, it's never a penalty in a million years.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a clueless opinion IMO. Much as I like a moan about the refs, the way I saw it he clearly blew before the kick, but Ruben decided to carry on and have a little practice run. Although McGinn is blocking Dawson a bit, Dawson throws his arm over his shoulder and lifts himself off the ground, it's never a penalty in a million years.
I've always said let them take the corner and award a free kick to the defending side or a penalty, players are professional and should know the laws.

Sick of seeing the game paused whilst the ref gives out a friendly warning.

Back
Top Bottom