Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Realistic or Dreamland..

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think its hilarious people only single out Coady with the back 4 thing. I personally dont think he is a back 4 center half myself, but you can level any argument about Coady to Kilman, Gomes and Boly. Not one of them have shown us they can play in a 4 successfully.
What do you mean by this?

All the others have shown great 1 on 1 defending , especially kilman and gomes .

With the right partner, both could succeed in a 4 IMO

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you mean by this?

All the others have shown great 1 on 1 defending , especially kilman and gomes .

With the right partner, both could succeed in a 4 IMO

Exactly what it says.

Its a fact we havent seen any of them really in a 4. They have shown 1 on 1 defending in a back 3, and i'd include Coady in that as well, but his role has always been more of a sweeper than an out and out center half, which is why i think he may not be able to adjust. Anyone with any sense though can see you are positioned totally differently in a 3 to a 4. You could easily argue with the right partner any of them can play in a 4. You are guessing they can succeed in a 4, same as i'm guessing Coady cant. We have no real proof yet but if any of them get the nod to play there its going to take 4 or 5 games minimum for them to adjust to playing alongside 1 other center half instead of 2. Switching to a back 4 is also going to test the wingbacks because thats a very different role positionaly as well. There is just so, so much more to playing with a back 4 than a back 3 than just finding another center half.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly what it says.

Its a fact we havent seen any of them really in a 4. They have shown 1 on 1 defending in a back 3, and i'd include Coady in that as well, but his role has always been more of a sweeper than an out and out center half, which is why i think he may not be able to adjust. Anyone with any sense though can see you are positioned totally differently in a 3 to a 4. You could easily argue with the right partner any of them can play in a 4. You are guessing they can succeed in a 4, same as i'm guessing Coady cant. We have no real proof yet but if any of them get the nod to play there its going to take 4 or 5 games minimum for them to adjust to playing alongside 1 other center half instead of 2. Switching to a back 4 is also going to test the wingbacks because thats a very different role positionaly as well. There is just so, so much more to playing with a back 4 than a back 3 than just finding another center half.
When coady has played 1 on 1 , he rarely comes out on top .

The others have a much better chance of succeeding in a 4.

Our full backs are actually more suited to playing full back not wing back. None of them are incredible going forward but all of them are sound defensively and great in possession

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When coady has played 1 on 1 , he rarely comes out on top .

The others have a much better chance of succeeding in a 4.

Our full backs are actually more suited to playing full back not wing back. None of them are incredible going forward but all of them are sound defensively and great in possession

You cant get away from the fact its all guesswork. Dont forget Bruno disliked what he saw with this group of defenders so much in a back 4 he abandoned the idea very, very quickly.

We will just have to wait and see how it all pans out. I dont think any of them will really excel in a system with 2 center halves personally. Even Kilman being out best center half i'm not convinced by. Its like i said, its going to take time.

Back
Top Bottom