Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Reading Fans Have Had Enough

Bradstonian

Reaction score
And who can blame them? Yesterdays game against Port Vale was called off after their fans invaded the pitch in a protest, and refused to leave.

Their Chinese owner has already overseen the demise of two previous clubs - one in Beijing, the other in Belgium. They clearly don't wish to be the third...

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading's owner is Dai Yongge. Must be loads of jokes one could make there, if the situation wasn't so serious. ****ing Welsh!

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same happened to us under the Bhatti's in the 80's right down to Div 4.EFL should never have allowed the take over.
Live close to Reading fc and he's destroying that club.
Same. I'm about 5 miles away from the ground and I know a few Reading boys. It's pretty terrible what is happening there. That fella has destroyed clubs in other countries so how did the EFL let this happen? Shameful from them.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How did they pass the fit and proper test??

Time took the German approach fans own 50% of club.

Not always true about German fans owning 50% of the clubs. They always get 50 or 51% voting rights, but that is different to 50% of the club is always owned by the fans. In the link below, you can see 1860's owner, owns 60% of the club, but only gets 49% of the voting rights. They are in a similar position to Reading and have dropped through the Leagues. The only difference is, 1860 have won the Bundesliga and played in Europe. Reading 30 years ago were getting 3000 crowds every week at Elm Park in division 3.

Last edited:

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Like others have suggested, I’m just bemused as to how a man who has already put two clubs out of business can be considered okay.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'll be backhanders everywhere when people like him are allowed to buy decent football clubs.

The one thing that has been proven beyond all doubt is that the footballing authorities in this country couldn't give a flying **** about the most important part of football clubs, the fans.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
They'll be backhanders everywhere when people like him are allowed to buy decent football clubs.

The one thing that has been proven beyond all doubt is that the footballing authorities in this country couldn't give a flying **** about the most important part of football clubs, the fans.
And does the “process” of”decent and proper” actually amount to anything?

JJ59

Reaction score
Geoff Spelling on Talk Sport discussed the plight of Reading, owned by a Chinese businessman. The club is in a really dire state, the owner has a dreadful track record, the 2 European clubs he owned previously no longer exist. Sterling said that Wolves and Forrest fans should be concerned. Not sure I agree with him as our ownership track record has been very different. Excellent video,Twitter/X, from a Reading fan explains what they have gone through.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Geoff Spelling on Talk Sport discussed the plight of Reading, owned by a Chinese businessman. The club is in a really dire state, the owner has a dreadful track record, the 2 European clubs he owned previously no longer exist. Sterling said that Wolves and Forrest fans should be concerned. Not sure I agree with him as our ownership track record has been very different. Excellent video,Twitter/X, from a Reading fan explains what they have gone through.
It's lazy to bunch all the Chinese owners as the same, though a few have definitely been dodgy. Villa, Albion and Blues for starters. Not sure though how anyone could look at us and think our Chinese ownership has been a bad thing

Reading need to get that bloke out though

dennison11

Reaction score
I think the big difference with us is that we are owned by a Company rather than an individual. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Reading owner just one guy using the football club as his play thing?

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The clue is in the name

Dai Yonnge

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think what he is saying, is that we could be easily abandoned whilst still owning us?
There has certainly been a change in the tide with talks of self sustainability.
Atleast we have had a fun time out of them.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's lazy to bunch all the Chinese owners as the same, though a few have definitely been dodgy. Villa, Albion and Blues for starters. Not sure though how anyone could look at us and think our Chinese ownership has been a bad thing

Reading need to get that bloke out though
They’ve had a few dodgy owners in the last 15 years or so imo.

This current guy has had a very dodgy track record and I just don’t understand clubs who don’t do their homework on potential owners.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve had a few dodgy owners in the last 15 years or so imo.

This current guy has had a very dodgy track record and I just don’t understand clubs who don’t do their homework on potential owners.
Dodgy track record is an understatement if I heard the radio right. He's owned two clubs previously and they've both gone to the wall

bigwolf

Reaction score
Jeff should stick to being the grandmas bit of eye candy and not comment on things he knows diddly squat about.

The reading owner is clown and bad news, that's obvious. But to offer up we should be concerned is nonsense. It's a completely different set up. FOSUN are looking to turn us into a £1bn asset through the smart business management. We are not a toy to FOSUN.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This has really confused me. Who discussed this on Talk Sport? Was it Geoff Spelling, Raheem Sterling, or Jeff Stelling?

Got to say JJ59, Geoff Spelling is one of the best typos I've ever seen on the Mix! Many congratulations, it's really boosted my day! :p

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
isn't it a bit racist to say just because our owner is chinese we're going down the same path?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They had a wage bill of 125% turnover when in the championship so it wasnt exactly rosy before. gambled on making it to the big time now paying the price, the whole fabric of football is rotten. however this owner has just poured kerosene on the fire. its why ffp exists and newcastle fans are stupid to say why cant we buy players. need a strong regulator clearly.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As always in these situations the losers are the supporters. Reading supporters are rightly annoyed at what has happened at their football club and it is they will suffer if Reading go down to league two or worse.

Having said that, forcing a football match to be abandoned can only be counter productive. Yes, it brings nationwide attention to their plight, but the club will be charged by the FA for failing to fulfil a fixture and failure to control their supporters. The punishment for that could be severe.

I hope the situation is resolved as I do not like to see a football club on the verge of closing down, and that is the situation that Reading are staring at.

Last edited:

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's lazy to bunch all the Chinese owners as the same, though a few have definitely been dodgy. Villa, Albion and Blues for starters. Not sure though how anyone could look at us and think our Chinese ownership has been a bad thing. Reading need to get that bloke out though
To be blunt, Fosun aside there isn't a single Chinese ownership I can think of in the past decade that hasn't been a disaster to varying degrees. Reading, Albion, Blues, Villa, Southampton. We drew the only long straw it seems, and I suspect that's because Fosun have a somewhat longer leash from Beijing on account of their multinational status, and their 'eff you money'.

Back
Top Bottom